Best Buy $100 Apple Watch Discount Black Friday

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by cagcody, Nov 10, 2015.

1. cagcody macrumors regular

Just curious, will anyone else be purchasing a watch through Best Buy for Black Friday? I've had the watch before, but personally couldn't get over spending that much for it. I recently signed up for a Chase Freedom card, and I get $100 back when I spend $500. Already planned on purchasing other things to get to that mark, so with $100 off from Best Buy and then $100 back from Chase, that brings the Sport model down to $199, which I think is awesome! Plus, they're going to be available online, so you won't even have to fight the crowds and wait in line for it.

**I assumed that all models will be $100 off, but looking back I believe it's "Up to $100 off." Hopefully it'll be the same discount across the board.

2. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

3. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Definitely won't be $100 off the sports. I'd say $50 off the sport models, $100 off the stainless steel.

4. cagcody thread starter macrumors regular

And $5 off everything else. Haha.

5. cagcody thread starter macrumors regular

I think you're right on this one. I'll probably still buy. Now trying to figure out if my 10% off Mover's Coupon will work during the sale. Doubt it.

6. doboy macrumors 68000

Not likely $100 on sports. However, you can get $100 Target GC for sports on BF if you don't mind the GC.

7. doboy macrumors 68000

It should work unless it's excluded. The new mover's coupon has different terms.

8. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

If your wanting to really consider the cost of the Watch I wouldn't count the $100 from Chase - thats money that could be spent on essentials. The Best Buy $100 off is truly $100 :)

9. cagcody thread starter macrumors regular

Nearest Target is an hour away from me and I worry about supply and demand. I really like that Best Buy is posting most of their deals online as well.

10. cagcody thread starter macrumors regular

Just tried to use it with their other Black Friday deals that they currently have and it worked, so hopefully we're good to go.

11. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

Just hope your Best Buy has someone in the store authorized to sell you an Apple Watch on Black Friday. I went to our local Best Buy and waited around for quite a while for the one guy working in the Apple section to wait on two other customers... one who eventually bought a Macbook, and the other an Apple TV. Then when he got to me he said he couldn't show me a watch, but would find someone that could. Then came back a while later and said no one working that day was authorized. All I wanted at that point was to try one on to see which size I liked best. So I won't be buying anything Apple Watch at Best Buy.

12. Cogsworth macrumors 6502

Cogsworth

DOH! I just bought my SS/Milanese last week at Best Buy.

13. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I was planning on buying the Apple Watch on Friday for my birthday, but with the $100 off I may have to wait.

And for the sarcastic, Best Buy does not carry the edition. The Milanese loop is the highest priced watch they sell. $699-100? Not a bad deal.

14. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Wait, you're saying that my local Best Buy, where I purchase all of my batteries and microwaves...DOESN'T carry the $17,000 Edition?
    Thanks for saving me a trip. ;)

15. ihonda macrumors 68000

shame the price isn't actually published in the ad. i wanted to use discover price match :\

16. T-BR, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015

T-BR macrumors newbie

If i buy the watch on Target, can i use the gift card on checkout?
    (Answered on another topic.)

17. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

You can buy now and get a price match at Best Buy just so everyone knows. I purchased one yesterday there.

18. cagcody thread starter macrumors regular

What do you mean? Like you price matched it with Target and went ahead and got the discount? Sorry to sound confused.

19. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

Stores don't price match on black friday. Target used to but they stopped a few years ago. Right now the best deal is $50 off this week at best buy. All models they sell. I would think you would be ok to just buy it online on thanksgiving and have it shipped or go in store on Friday. I can't imagine they would be that hot of an item but they've never been on sale that I'm aware of. I got mine last weekend at best buy and will be going to get $50 back this week. But no they do not match Black friday prices.

20. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I have yet to decide if I'm buying this week or waiting for the extra $50. I've gone without one this long, so what's another 2 weeks.

21. Cogsworth macrumors 6502

Cogsworth

I just bought mine last week, trying to decide if I want to go back for the $50 adjustment this week or return it and re-buy on BF for the $100 off...

22. ihonda macrumors 68000

Is it even confirmed its $100 off or are they gonna pull the GC crap like target

23. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

you do know they will not price match black friday deals? no stores do that.

24. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Exactly. The only way they'll price match is if they maintain the sale price a few days after Cyber Monday.

25. cagcody thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't know they had this sale going on. I doubt that the discount for Black Friday will be $100, so I just went ahead and purchased one today. I only did so because I have 2 of the Best Buy Mover's coupons, which saves me 10%. (If it turns out to actually be $100 off I'll use the other coupon and repurchase and send this one back to save an additional $50.) So all in all I just spent $344 after taxes. Better than the Target deal considering it's just money taken off as opposed to having a gift card. Bundled with my $100 cashback on Chase, and selling two Fitbits I have, I should get back another $200, so I'm really satisfied with this purchase. The price has always been my main concern, so I can rest easily knowing I've saved a ton.