Best Buy Completely Screwed Me Over!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jlpoore89, Jun 22, 2010.

1. jlpoore89 macrumors 6502

I preordered at my local Best Buy on launch day and was told that I was in the low 20's on the list. They told me they would call me today to schedule an appointment...well I decided to call them 10 minutes ago and was told that they had received 35 iPhone 4's which was great news to me until...

The lady also said that they had never wrote down a list to keep the preorders in order and that because of that they would be opening at 8 and that it would be first come first serve for preorders only!!!

So now instead of being able to casually walk in for my appointment I have to get there in the middle of the night and wait until 8. My local RadioShack will know for sure by tomorrow morning whether or not the iPhone I preordered from them will be in (BTW I did get a PIN with them). I hope they get one for me because I really don't wanna have to deal with Best Buy even though they have $50 of my money on a gift card, which I think they should refund me or give me a free or discounted accessory for screwing me over!!!

2. Doom878 macrumors member

3. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

LOL. Well I was #11 and was told no phone for me. Shrug. I'm going to force them to take that damn gift card back and give me my money.

4. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

need some cheese with that wine? You got screwed, oh well if you want the phone that bad then you will be there in the middle of the night.

5. jojofsu75 macrumors newbie

My best buy did make a list, but they kept all the reciepts and looked at the timestamp to see who was where in line. I was there today and they were going over the list comparing it to the timestamps. I would call back and see if they might do something like that for you.

6. Gagoots macrumors regular

Ass.

7. mangohippo macrumors member

yeah they screwed up, but this is Best Buy we're talking about (the same company that has a service to set up your PS3). Considering you had to call to get that information my guess is you can probably get there around 7 and have no problem getting your iPhone (most other preorders are just assuming theirs will be there). What's worse, knowing you'll have to wait in line early to get your phone or getting there in the afternoon only to find your preorder was sold?

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

That's just wrong. Pretty much they had people come in waste their time preordering when a preorder list never exsisted. I would be :mad:

9. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

yea I know. Just tired of almost everyone complaining about everything. Does it really make everything all better, no.

10. Gagoots macrumors regular

People wish they had the option to "make things better". They're just venting.

11. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I'm not surprised BB did that. They screwed me over when I had a reserve for a Zune HD. I ended up having to go to Fry's in another city to get my Zune.

12. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

When will people realize that Best Buy sucks? Just like how they promised White iPhones, now this. Buy thru Apple or AT&T people, it's simple.

13. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

but why does each person have to start a new thread? Aren't there 3 or 4 other "I will commit seppuku if I don't get my iPhone 4" ones around?

14. monksealpup macrumors regular

15. jlpoore89 thread starter macrumors 6502

No I do not need any cheese. And yes I want it really badly so I will be going to the Best Buy in the middle of the night with my folding chair, something to drink, and iPad to wait out in front of the store until 8AM.

I told the lady that I had my receipt with the timestamp on it and asked if they could use that to find my spot in the line and all she said was it's FCFS and that's final because we think that's the best way to do it because we have more preorders than phones. IMHO the best way would be to find the first 35 people who preordered and give them their phones. It should be FCFS based on preorder time not the time you get to the store Thursday.

Yeah I thought about that considering I had to call them. And that's hilarious about setting up a PS3 for you, didn't know they went that far. Next thing you know they will be setting up iPod's for you because they already set up Macs which already "just work" right out of the box.

16. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

hmm I don't recall best buy ever promissing white iphone 4's :confused:

To the OP I would definitely call them and tell them they need to pull receipts and put them in order because you were supposed to be guaranteed a phone. It is quite unfortunate that your best buy was not responsible and organized like they should have been.

17. Built macrumors 68020

Call Best Buy Corporate. I have had EXCELLENT dealings with them.

They are very good at resolving issues. (...and no, I do NOT work for Best Buy...I'm just a Reward Zone Premier Silver member, so I do tend to drop a big chunk of change every year at their stores.)

18. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Of all the bellyaching stories, you really did get screwed. I'd go talk to the manager w/ your supporting documentation b/c you bought a GC in good faith, per THEIR rules in exchange for the right to be #17 in line. Now they are changing the rules. Oops. Be calm, respectful, but stand your ground. Do not raise your voice as hard as it might be to resist.

If the manager doesn't work something out in your favor then I'd write to BBs president. It will go to the exec customer service team, of course. See what he/she will do.

Really sorry for your prob but learn a lesson from this - never ever, ever, preorder from BB. They are an incompetent organization that bottom feeds on even more imbecilic customers.

19. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I think you left out the smiley on your post.

[​IMG]

20. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Well AT&T is out of the question until 6/29 for walk-ins.

21. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

22. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

:rolleyes: lame

23. cbruce76 macrumors member

I ordered from Apple so I'm not familiar with BB reservations, but don't you have a receipt that has a time stamp that BB can pull up from the 15th to make a list?

You can match up your receipt to the list and have them set your phone aside.

It's not that much work to keep a customer happy. I would suggest it.

24. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Best Buy sucks, they got like 6 iPads at a lot of stores but took preorders for lots more too.

25. Built macrumors 68020

Best Buy was my Plan B when I couldn't get through Apple.com on 6/15.

I came home and tried again and got my order through at Apple. My i4 is on its way.

I was #3 at my BB for the 32GB black so I'm assuming somebody is going to be happy who wouldn't be otherwise (assuming they get any at all at that store.)

I haven't gotten a call, but not sweating it because I'm just planning to use my gift card anyway on something else.

Good luck. Definitely call Best Buy Corporate (Customer Care).