Best Buy Deal??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by geraldem, Jun 13, 2019 at 7:28 PM.

1. geraldem macrumors regular

I am really tempted to pick up one of the base MacBooks currently 300.00 off..on sale right now at BB. I had a previous MB in the past and love the portability of this design. Currently using MBP 13 right now. Which I love, but can't help but think the MB12 would be a great addition for travel.

talk me out of it please :)

2. photomaniac macrumors member

I bought it for $899 last weekend. I love it but I also don't know if I should exchange it for an iPad Pro, since iOS will be getting mouse support.

3. babens macrumors member

I picked up a 12" MacBook during a Black Friday promotion this past year. I was going from a late 2011 13" MacBook Pro that had slowed down to a crawl over the years. I absolutely love it. I travel a lot with my job and the weight difference in my messenger bag was night and day, and with the battery improvements I was even able to safely leave home without the charger for non-overnight days and still come home with at least a good 60-70% battery life left, even on the longer days.

4. geraldem thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, the weight difference is something ..for sure. I also really like the keyboard better on the MB12 vs the MBP13. Not sure why...as I think they are the same butterfly 2 design. but the mb12 feels better to me.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 14, 2019 at 6:47 AM ---
    Yeah...really good thought on IpadPro. Which are you looking at?

5. imoxja macrumors newbie

I picked up a 2017 Space Grey MacBook 12" Maxed out (1.4Ghz 16GB 512GB) the other day on the auction site from Midwest IT Wholesale for $1000 (it was listed at $1099 or best offer). It was listed as near mint open box which was kinda scary, and the pictures didn't show the specs or anything (also there were multiple available), but I took a chance. Ended up being pretty much brand new, minus the charger, and battery cycles were at 12. So extremely good deals are possible if you keep on the lookout.

6. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

Got an open box for $779 and added Apple Care. Good to go for years.

7. geraldem thread starter macrumors regular

So, I went to BB yesterday to buy the MB12 Space grey. of course...all sold out. None at my local store, or even within the surrounding area. I finally worked myself into the space to justify buying one too :).