MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With Apple still showing six-week shipping on AirPods, those looking to get their hands on a pair of the wireless earphones more quickly might want to check out Best Buy, which currently has them in stock with free two-day shipping. It'll take a bit longer than the stated timeframe to get them with the weekend and Fourth of July holiday in the U.S., so Best Buy is generally quoting July 5 for delivery.

The retailer is also celebrating the Fourth of July holiday with a 5-day long sale that includes a handful of Apple products at discounted prices, like the iPhone 7, iPhone SE, MacBook Air, and 9.7-inch iPad. The sale begins today and runs through July 4 at 11:59 p.m. CT.

best-buy-july-sale.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy and may earn commissions on purchases made through these links.

One of the items up for sale is the iPhone 7, which includes savings of up to $218 when customers buy and activate an iPhone 7 with a monthly installment plan, with carriers and coverage varying by store. Similarly, the iPhone SE is up for sale with savings up to $280 with the purchase of a monthly installment plan, but only for Sprint and only for 16GB and 64GB models. Other carriers and storage tiers have some mark offs, but they're not as drastic.

For the MacBook Air, Best Buy is discounting the laptop by $200 for two models: one with 128GB flash storage ($799.99) and one with 256GB flash storage ($999.99). Both MacBook Air models come with a free six month subscription to Trend Micro Internet Security for three devices ranging from iOS and Mac to Android and Windows.

Best Buy is marking down Apple's latest 9.7-inch iPad, released this past March, by $30 across six models. These include multiple color options for customers interested in the 32GB model ($299.99) or the 128GB model ($399.99). As a bonus, anyone purchasing a 9.7-inch iPad offered in the Fourth of July Best Buy sale will get six months of Kaspersky Internet Security for free to use on three devices running iOS, macOS, Android, or Windows.

97ipadroundupheader.jpg

Also on sale are a few unlocked and pre-owned iPhone 5s devices ($129.99, savings $30-$40), 128GB 6th generation iPod Touch ($329.99, savings $50), Powerbeats 3 Wireless Headphones ($129.99, savings $70), ecobee3 Wi-Fi Thermostat ($169.99, savings $80), Ring Home Security Kit ($399.99, savings $100), and more.

As with previous Best Buy sales, customers can choose between free in-store pick up or free 2-day shipping on orders that exceed $35. Check out Best Buy's Hot Deals page to browse the full list of items on sale before the discounts disappear on Tuesday.

Article Link: Best Buy Has AirPods in Stock, Launches Fourth of July Sale

Tronic

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
I had ordered a pair of AirPods from BB with mid-July shipping estimate so I was happy when I received a shipped email this morning.

Reactions: nyctravis
Comment

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Not in stock at my Best Buy yet. Website still only shows online ordering not in-store pick up.
If you're really interested, call your local store. I have found web info and store inventory don't always match at Best Buy and other brick and mortar retailers like Microcenter, Fry's, and even Walmart. The worst thing they can tell you is they don't have stock. Can't hurt and you might get lucky.:)

Reactions: nyctravis
Comment

b0nd18t

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
I'm in for a pair of these. Hopefully they don't fall out of my ears

Comment

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
Uhg. Best Buy needs to have another $200+ off MacBook / iMac sale soon on the new stuff. I'd like to upgrade!

Comment

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Says in the article a 9.7 128gb ipad is $399? That can't be right, way more storage than the base 32gb model for only $100 more.

Last edited:
Comment

sblemmy

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2013
I placed an order for AirPods from Apple on June 5, and they still show a delivery date of July 25.

If I hadn't paid with Apple gift cards, I'd cancel and order from BB.

Comment

geenosr

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007
South
I bought mine as soon as I read the article. Looking forward to having them delivered to my house next week. (instead of 6 weeks from Apple)

Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I bought mine as soon as I read the article. Looking forward to having them delivered to my house next week. (instead of 6 weeks from Apple)

Apple tends to predict longer delivery dates then when you actually receive the product. A lot of my Apple purchases in the past might have a longer ship date if they don't have the item in stock, but I usually receive the item Long before they were expected to arrive.

Reactions: osx86
Comment

vista.john

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2008
Quite a few Apple Stores at east coast have AirPods in stock now. Just ordered one here at Maryland.

Comment

Exile714

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2015
Does anyone's order say Jul 5th or does it say something else? Mine states Jul 24th

My dad ordered some this morning (I've had mine since November because MacRumors announced that ordering had opened within minutes on the very first day and so nabbed them), and his says they've already shipped.

Sounds like you got in a little late? Still not... too bad?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.