Best Buy no longer selling 9.7?

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2015
Somethings up community wide red alert called the they do infact have them in stock but not allowed to sell them i am guessing a few things.

#1. Best Buy glitch they were selling them too cheap.(at least 1 person posted)
#2. Retailer contract negotiations Best Buy is being mean and not selling them deliberately to hurt Apple.
#3. Bad batch recall unknown to public.
#4. Other

lakerchick4life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2007
Am concerned since I bought mine at best buy a week ago(bought it online) good thing Im an elite member so I have 30 days, but I want to know what the heck is going on

Fuzzball84

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
Am concerned since I bought mine at best buy a week ago(bought it online) good thing Im an elite member so I have 30 days, but I want to know what the heck is going on
I really wouldn't worry, its probably just Best Buys system maintenance or a glitch.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2015
called in last
I think people are trying to figure out why Best Buy is not selling them at this point, rather than trying to actually buy one.
Called in last night to my GF just a friend she works at Best Buy. Best buy tracks EVERYTHING, their data showed people were Returning ANYTHING and everything in exchange for an iPAd Pro 9.7

In the initial launch days anyone who bought a Laptop or even a 12.9 Pro or any tablet or even a in expensive PC were like hmmm thats $399 off (returned item) towards an iPAd Pro 9.7

So they are waiting a few days or weeks until thats dies down. The return rates were through the rough on their analytics metrics return rates hurt Best Buys margins store numbers etc.

Reactions: Plett

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
called in last

Called in last night to my GF just a friend she works at Best Buy. Best buy tracks EVERYTHING, their data showed people were Returning ANYTHING and everything in exchange for an iPAd Pro 9.7

In the initial launch days anyone who bought a Laptop or even a 12.9 Pro or any tablet or even a in expensive PC were like hmmm thats $399 off (returned item) towards an iPAd Pro 9.7

So they are waiting a few days or weeks until thats dies down. The return rates were through the rough on their analytics metrics return rates hurt Best Buys margins store numbers etc.
And people claim Apple is money hungry!

HiItsMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I don't buy that explanation at all. If someone decided that they'd rather have an iPad Pro than whatever else they recently purchased, they would still return that item regardless of whether BB had the pro in stock or not. And the pro isn't some hot new item that people are clamoring for either. Furthermore if it were true, then maybe that would explain stores not having them but to have the item removed from the website entirely makes no sense.

Reactions: npolly0212

sracer

macrumors G3
Apr 9, 2010
Prescott Valley, AZ
I don't buy that explanation at all. If someone decided that they'd rather have an iPad Pro than whatever else they recently purchased, they would still return that item regardless of whether BB had the pro in stock or not.
Correct.

And the pro isn't some hot new item that people are clamoring for either. Furthermore if it were true, then maybe that would explain stores not having them but to have the item removed from the website entirely makes no sense.
I'm chalking it up to a simple web maintenance/housekeeping error. Best Buy is very good about keeping their website correct. I visit the site regularly and I can't recall the last time I've seen a "dead link".

If Best Buy was truly removing the 9.7 iPP then they would've updated the "featured" banners and graphics to remove reference and links to it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ipad/ipad-pro-9-7-inch/pcmcat748302027967.c?id=pcmcat748302027967

bestbuy.png