Best buy offering great deal

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nychot, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

If you are a silver member beginning on June 1 60 day return policy from 45 days and 60 day price match and free geek squad etc. I think I'll wait until June 1 to get my new iPad there and whatever else I need.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

3. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

sure it's great if you're someone who really spends $2,500 at best buy lol

4. Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey don't be prejudiced against bb. I know it's a @@@@hole and the help are usually morons but I got a mint -- bought a few days earlier and returned -- early 2011 13" Mbp for $800, a TOTHL Nikon camera with a $200 discount and other great bargains. Plus I was given silver after spending less than $2000 there last year. If you know how to shop and what to look for it can be a great deal. My bb and my apple store are only 10 minutes apart too. Oh and how great is it that you get 18 months to pay for anything over about $400 like an iPad. To get just 12 months with apple you have to spend a grand.

5. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

You're going to wait that long for an extra 15 days on the return window? The geek squad thing is just a once a year visit to your house from one of their guys to fix any issues that may be popping up.

6. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

yeah but most of the time that place is a headache and not worth. no one has a clue at that place.

7. Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

I could give a xxxx about the geek squad. I just like to 60 day no questions asked return policy. Free shipping etc they are offering. Bb like circuit city before it went out of business is in financial trouble so I think all the perks for silver members may be a last ditch effort to keep affluent customers.

----------

Why would you need them to have a clue as long as you have a clue

8. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

so when you go there looking for a product and don't see it on the shelf you walk to the back and take it from the cage?

What about when you order something online for pickup and whoops we can't locate the item and make you wait 45 minutes :D

and this is bestbuy...no hassle return policy? they track you by your name/address/ID haha

Also, there's been plenty of times where they advertise a deal and say reward zone members get an extra 5% off itunes gift cards for example. You go up to the register and they haven't heard of that before. They even ask the manager and he doesn't have a clue either. It's amazing that place is still in business.

9. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

"Free Geek Squad" is akin to offering "Free Amateur Castration with a Rusty Jagged Spoon." In other words....no thanks.

If there is a more useless group of "tech support" personnel on the planet I've yet to find them. I wouldn't trust one of those people to straighten a bendee straw.

10. Nychot, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012

Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've never had a prob and always got good deals when I know specifically what I want. If i can't get a good deal from them then I use amazon ( premier member) or eBay. I NEVER pay list for anything. I get my AppleCare from b&h for example far cheaper than apple and no tax and fee shipping. I would never buy from apple directly unless it's a refurb. They are great deals.

11. rmhop81, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012

rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

lol seriously? who said i don't specifically know what I want?

amazon premier member? lol

----------

no kidding. a few years back i was buying something and i overheard a lady talking to geek squad guy about her ancient laptop she had. They were going to charge her $99 JUST to look at it. The laptop probably wasn't even worth that much.

12. Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

13. rmhop81, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

14. danny_w macrumors 601

And clerks at others stores do? LOL Apple is hardly if any better in that regard, and bb usually has better prices and better return policy, plus reward points. I would almost always rather shop at bb for those reasons alone, since bb and Apple are the same distance for me.

15. Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

16. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I'm a RZ Premier Silver Member, mostly because I purchase iTunes gift cards from Best Buy online when they sell them less than face value of the cards. Also, when for little things that I need where the price difference is negligble from online and in-store. And, for big items like TVs, washer/dryer, etc and such since I don't what to go to the trouble of buying online and setting up delivery dates. These things add up and it seems like for every $2500 you spend, you get extended a year. In any case, it's a great program since you do get the cash certificates. I've probably gotten close to $750 or more in the past several years that I've been in the program. I just had a $100 certificate the other day to buy a $100 gift card to iTunes that was only $85. But, waiting until June 1st to get an extra 15 days hardly seems worth it. I mean, it's completely up to you but it's a long wait for you just to add about 2 weeks to your return window.

17. Nychot, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

By June 1 a month away they'll hopefully the latest iPad stock with no issues. It's less about the extra 15 days. But 60 is really nice. I recent,y got a coupon taking an extra $100 off any open box apple computer. So that's like $200 off $1000 . I called and it covers open box iPads too. So a 16gb would cost me $350. And of Course I can test before I buy. When I bought my open box Mbp I had them open all 7 they had in stock and picked the one i wanted. Nice service.

18. KingOfScalpers macrumors member

Where did you get this coupon?

19. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

his amazon premier rewards membership ;)

20. Nychot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Emailed to me from bb

----------

That word PREMIER really entertains you. Glad I could make your day. Giggles.:D

21. hchavarria macrumors 6502

I also can't complain too much from BB I usually go knowing exactly what I want. Apple employees have not always been the most knowledgable either in my case and I usually tend to buy over $2,500 in electronics any given year so why not take advantage of there rewards program. Buying an apple product there vs the apple store gives me the same product with a better return period, reward points, and the same warranty as if purchased by apple.

22. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sorry, man. I would not spend a nickle at BB. When they sell you a new camera and you get home and the warranty card is already filled out and the camera is filthy you realize that they are low life's.

I took it back and the sales person will not refund my money telling me it was new when it left the store. Called the manager to come over and he is defending this low life sales person until I took out the receipt found in the box from the original owner who had filled out the warranty card!

No sorry or we do not know how that could happen, just quiet dumb look as they refunded my money. Sorry but that was the last time I walked in any BB.

Beware as if they did it to me . . . . . .:mad:

23. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I agree Best Buy isn't the most reputable door however, I think DLP was just trying to point now that those wanting to constantly exchange the new iPod or those who want to wait until second Dodge at Best Buy has a good long-term return action.

-- thought it would be funny to post this diction ;)

24. patricem macrumors 6502

patricem

When is BB going to get some new stock in?? Seems they have only what they got at the launch. No 32GB and no 4G .

25. Cubeeless, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012

Cubeeless macrumors regular

Cubeeless

When you know what you want and it is in sale e.g. deal of the day, BB is good.