Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
So the already overpriced $2799 15" MBP will now be little less overpriced at $2299 + Taxes? No thanks. I can get 32GB RAM for that in a decent quality Thinkpad.

iMi

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
I've always upgraded my iPhone every year up until I bought my 6 plus on launch day. Still own it and may even entertain the idea of buying a 7 plus if I can get one at 300 bucks off. I don't need the newest iPhone in my life.

I'm with you, friend.

In fact, I am even thinking about keeping my iPhone 6s Plus for at least two more years. It's a work phone that gets a lot of use and still works great, so why upgrade?

Each year the reasons seem less compelling.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
That's a dumb way to think. You just insulted everyone who bought an iPhone 6s last year to save money on a new iPhone. Not everyone must have the absolute most current iPhone.

If people feel insulted by his comment they are pretty thin skinned. Good grief.

Reactions: 3329783

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
If people feel insulted by his comment they are pretty thin skinned. Good grief.

Yeh, I'm not insulted, but rather just think the comment that anyone not upgrading is somehow not enlightened or cool is dumb. If you want to upgrade, then by all means do it and enjoy the endorphin high you get for a few weeks. As for me, I'm not sure I'll ever upgrade to another iPhone. In fact, I just spent $250 yesterday for Bose QuietComfort 20 earbuds that won't even work with the new iPhone. I don't plan on buying a new phone that doesn't have a regular headphone jack. I doubt anything new on the new iPhone is going to be worth the investment; and if the rumored bottom end price is over $1000, I'm out anyway. I will keep chugging with my iPhone 6s Plus and see what the other side brings. I'm interested in the new Pixel actually. Especially now that Android Auto works with Waze, its another reason to hop. The only thing remotely keeping me tied to iPhone right now is family messaging.

Reactions: brendu

JGIGS

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
Why not buy? Its a lot cheaper than buying this time last year and not everyone has to have the latest device. The perception is you need to upgrade yearly... that's old thinking, you don't have to that anymore. You can easily wait a year, two or even 3 at this rate.

Not to mention the iPhone 8 may launch much later in the year still and could have issues. We know the iphone 7 has been solid is should be plenty powerful enough for at least 2 more years. It's not a performance beast and the battery is shot but my 5S is still perfectly usable and its about to turn 4 years old.

That being said since the 8 is going to be a complete remodel I'll probably hold off.

Reactions: tkukoc

HoosBruce

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
I was hoping for $100 off iPad Pros. Looks like the wait will continue.
Black Friday is somewhat soon and you’ll see tons of deals. Hell, B&H Photo throws out deals every so often, plus there’s no tax with them so there’s extra savings!

indros

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2010
It seems like they don't have unlocked iPhone 7 models. Can you buy new, unlocked iPhones from Best Buy?

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Exactly. I'm still sporting my iPhone 5S and will probaby upgrade to iPhone 8 only because of the camera. iPhone 7s perfect size but probably not dual camera, 7s+ too big, so iPhone 8 I guess. Not terribly thrilled at the extra cost. If it's 1k, I'll make due with the 7s.

Oh and my 2012 MBP just won't die even after my kid dropped it down the stairs. Not in a rush with the current MBP offerings.

I own a 2012 as well, it's a MBP classic but still best computer I ever bought. Still fast and outstanding battery life.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
want to get the macbook pro 13 inch 2017 with 256GB..I already have the 125 off college coupon so getting this laptop under 1000 would be a really good deal for me

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
None of the links to the sales seem to be working for me.
The sale starts tomorrow night.
[doublepost=1503009817][/doublepost]
It seems like they don't have unlocked iPhone 7 models. Can you buy new, unlocked iPhones from Best Buy?
Nope. Only with a carrier. The best place to ensure you get an unlocked phone is buying from apple.

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
I wonder... will the savings on the iPhone be instant savings or savings over the life of purchasing a phone on a device payment plan?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.