Best Buy Pre-Orders: Did you get an email today?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jttran241, Oct 13, 2011.

1. jttran241 macrumors member

I got an email from best-buy this morning entitled "Item reserved. Wait for pickup confirmation." Did anyone else get this email today or got it in the previous days? Or even a different email from best buy recently about your iphone? I read in the BB forums that some places might contact you before launch day to let you know if your model is coming in and of when you should pick it up, but my email didn't include any of that. Hmm..

2. tssumners macrumors newbie

3. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

got nothing so far, only email I got was pre-order confirmation email on 7th.

4. jceaser macrumors newbie

Just checked mine, and i did not receive one yet.

5. urkel, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

urkel macrumors 68030

Uh oh. I got one that said "Your item is unavailble".

"The item listed below is not yet available for pickup. We will notify you as soon as the item becomes available."

6. creed16 macrumors member

Ok, I need help. When I pre-ordered they had my email in the computer wrong. I tried to get them to change it, but the lady already completed the pre-order and said she could not change it after the fact. So I do not have access to emails. Should I be worried about this? So basically I am not getting any updates. I mean I am going first thing in the am to BB anyways, but is there something in the email I might need other than the offer of the free iFrogz earbuds with pre-order?(According to BB online you can receive free earbuds while supplies last)

7. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

okay I just got an email from bestbuy stating
    Item reserved. Wait for pickup confirmation.‏

The content of email states
    Please Wait For Pickup Confirmation
    10/13/2011
    Order Number: 3311xxxxxxxx

Dear ABC:

Thank you for placing your pre-order at Best Buy Mobile. We will contact you as soon as the item below is ready for pickup.

Limited quantities will be available in stores October 14, 2011, and pre-orders will be filled in the order they were received. We'll get your reserved item to you as soon as possible.

If you have questions about your reserved item, please call your local store. We can also help you:

Learn more about your new phone, services and accessory options.
    Schedule an appointment for setting up your new phone, once it has arrived.
    For faster service, have your order number handy when you call.

And remember: As a pre-order customer, you can take advantage of the exclusive offers in the Phone Reserve folder you received in store.

Thank you.
    Best Buy Customer Service

Not sure if I should go and check in store tomorrow morning to see if they are handing out phones to people lineing up before pre-orders.

8. gqsneezer macrumors newbie

I got the same email too! When did you pre-order? I called up BB and asked about it and the person I talked to said that she suggests waiting for a confirmation email before going to the store, but receiving that email doesn't necessarily mean you won't get it tomorrow.

9. creed16 macrumors member

well BB just called and said even though I was the only one to pre-order a white 32gb that they did not receive any 32gb white phones:(. So now what do I do> They reserved a 16gb for me, but I don't know if that will be enough as I have a 32 now. What to do-what to do?

10. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Where are you located? That's odd they didn't receive any...

11. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

I ordered mine on 7th same day they started taking pre-orders. Also we have 2 bestbuy stores here, One is BestBuy Mobile and another one with everything. I ordered mind at BestBuy Mobile store on 7th

12. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

I received an email today after preordering yesterday. Hopefully they receive a 64GB Black. Looking out for the invite email for pickup.

13. urkel macrumors 68030

Anyone preorder Sprint at BB? I went in to ask why I was rejected despite being first in line and they said the email system is automated and going off their Sprint inventory which says zero. They "might" get a shipment tonight but cant promise anything. Ive also seen these reports from other BB's around the country so its very possible Sprint Best Buy preorders may get stalled.

14. bbedwards macrumors newbie

I got the same email earlier today, followed just an hour ago by another letting me know my order is ready for pickup! Woot!

Hang tight guys, you'll find out soon enough

15. pirarre macrumors 6502

I got the same email earlier this morning. I called my Bestbuy afterwards to find out what exactly the email meant and if it guarantees me a phone tomorrow. I was told yes, it does guarantee me a phone tomorrow and that they will be calling me later this evening to setup my appointment time.

Just for note, I ordered a Sprint White 16GB IP4S.

16. creed16 macrumors member

I live in Texas

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, I got the same email earlier.
    I was the 1st preorder there so I hope they get me my 4S.

18. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

What did you orderand where are you located ?

----------

Called in local store to check on my previous email and the sales person said they have received AT&T iP4s and they are waiting on Verizon & Sprint before making calls to people to come down for pickup tomorrow. Looks like I'll have to wait for my Sprint iP4s call.

19. j o s h macrumors newbie

I received the "Item reserved. Wait for pickup confirmation." email this morning and then a phone call this evening confirming that a phone is set aside for me to pickup within the next three days.

20. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

what is your location and what did you order ?

21. EmilyMayhem macrumors member

I got my confirmation email today. I also received a call from Best Buy to set up an "appointment" to come pick up my phone at noon tomorrow. I'm getting a 16gb AT&T in white, from the Best Buy in Denton, TX.

22. rawriphone macrumors newbie

I also received a confirmation email from Best Buy at 1:39 am. I have yet to receive a phone call this evening. Was curious of the "status" of your orders that was stated in your reserved email becuase mine says "Special Order" Which is leading me to believe I will not be getting my phone in for launch, or do they all say that?

23. j o s h macrumors newbie

I'm in Indiana and ordered a 32gb A&T black.

They apparently changed their policy; when I was in the store doing the preorder on Sunday, the associate told me that the first shipment would be for the commoners waiting on line Friday morning, but that seems not to be the case.

24. jtgreen86 macrumors member

I got the email this morning. I called today to see what I needed to bring with me for pick up (said I would hopefully see them tomorrow) and the girl said I needed the money for the phone and my ID. She said the forms we filled out at pre-order will speed things up and said they would see me tomorrow. I again (playing dumb) said "hopefully" and she said "All of the pre-orders are here. You'll have it tomorrow"

I never gave her my name or anything. I pre-ordered a 32GB Black AT&T phone from a Best Buy Mobile in the mall instead of the regular Best Buy down the street. The BBM is only a few months old and from what I saw of the sign up sheet (they were scheduling appointments at pre-order) I was #6 on the list and the first to get a black 32gb. The rest were 16GB White phones

25. drober30 macrumors 6502a

I got the same emails earlier today but now received an email stating "your order is ready for pickup".

Excited to know they have my phone and I will get it first thing in the morning.