Best Buy Preorder Status Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleRobert, Sep 13, 2014.

1. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I never preordered from them before for an iphone and I had to go to a store to do it. Can someone tell me what the chain of notification would be from them? Is it like your order is received, then you will get a shipping confirmation, then get a pickup confirmation?

Also, please list your order status here for your iphone from Best Buy this way we can track how things are going.

I would appreciate it and thanks.

I preordered an AT&T 16GB Space Grey and I was first to do so from the mobile store I went to so they said I'd have at least first crack at getting one of those.

2. benboy12 macrumors regular

I pre-ordered mine on Friday. Got the "order received" e-mail a few minutes later. I haven't received any notifications since. Is there a way to check current status? The sales rep said I would receive an e-mail indicating that the phone would be ready to be picked up, but couldn't tell me when I could expect to receive it.

I pre-ordered a iPhone 6 64GB - Space Gray

3. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

The sales rep is 100% correct. The next and only notification you'll receive next is your pick up date. They may send some spam emails like a 10% off coupon for accessories here or there, but yeah, that's it!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So best buy and the rest retailers still do not do preorders for iphone 6 plus?
    Just the 4.7 inch iphone 6?

5. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I'd expect you to get an email Wednesday or Thursday saying your phone will be available in store. They should give you a pick up time too. If I recall, on my iPhone 5 they said "between 10AM and 12PM on xx/xx/2012"

----------

I'm glad this thread was started, I'm getting my iP6 from Best Buy too, I'm not eligible until 10/18, though...

I locked in the $50 upgrade gift card (will apply towards purchase of phone) and I'm trading in my iPhone 5 64gb which they've quoted at $240 on trade. Not bad, really.

I've bought all my iPhones dating back to the 3G from BB and they've been very good overall.

6. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

I got the order confirmation, I'll let you folks know the next time an email status comes.

I'm not concerned that I will not get the ip6 on the 19th, matter of fact I'm pretty confident. The first 16GB space grey AT&T allocated to my store is mine, so they best get at least one which they should.

I wasn't about to stay up and order one online through Apple cause I figured the servers would be log jammed and I just would get ticked. Neither would I go to an Apple store on release day, they are mobbed in my area. So I just went to the store and preordered at BB. If I don't get it well I didn't lose any sleep or stood in a long line.

7. benboy12 macrumors regular

One thing that was interesting was I told it may not necessarily be first come first serve for the pre-orders (meaning if you were first to pre-order, you would be first to get one). The Best Buy rep said that at some pre-orders the give them out alphabetically, which means that if your last name started with a Z it wouldn't matter if you were first to pre-order.

8. Duane26 macrumors newbie

Good luck to all of you! I pre ordered with best buy 2 years ago and it was not a good experience! I was 5th in line and it took me almost a month to get my phone, after standing in line and dealing with all the in store madness! Apple store pre order is the way to go!

9. Mac4LifeCanes4e macrumors newbie

I've always went to Best Buy to pre order my iPhone and have never had any problems. I've always been first and have gotten my phone first also. Don't worry about the emails. Best Buy will call you when to pick up the phone. Friday at 8am when they open I will have the new iPhone. The reason I go the best buy route is shopkicks give gift cards and I never have to pay for the phones.

10. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I went in to my local BB and inquired about the preorder status of the 6+. They said at this time they are not even allowing preorder on that phone. She did mention the preorder status of the iP6 wasn't that long, so my best bet would to attempt a iP6+ preorder 2 weeks out of my eligibility date. If they don't have preorders open on the plus at this time its gonna be luck of the draw once I gain eligibility on 10/18.

11. negrohero9 macrumors regular

negrohero9

Just spoke to my nearest BB via the phone and he stated that they will not have any iPhone 6+ in store on Friday. He said they will also be giving away in store preorders first for the iPhone 6 and then anyone lining up will get one but the supply is slim.

12. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Best Buy Preorder Status Thread

Never, ever, pre-order a high demand item from Best Buy.

You won't get it and will be screwed.

Edit: I see they won't have preorders for the Plus model, in that case, the regular 6 is plentiful.

13. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

If I don't get a ready for pickup notice, I was planning to go first thing anyway. But I will not do that at a carrier or Apple. If I get one, so be it. I don't lose sleep, nothing is worth that to me as I have other smartphones (well maybe one thing). :)

I was told since you were the first preorder for the model I wanted, I would get it. What I don't understand is what happens if a person never shows up though if they are ahead of you? Would they hold it for them and for how long? Guess I don't need to concern myself with that.

I also plan on going to the store last thing on Thursday and inquire what they got in their shipment and I know the store manager. No one will get one before me for the variant I want or something else if preorders are filled for it and they have extras. And since he wants another smartphone I own, ... :)

14. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I was told the same thing, no 6+ on Friday. I would look elsewhere OP.

15. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

I don't want a 6 Plus, I ordered a 6. I'll take one though if they are available. There was no preorder at this location for the Plus and since I have a connection, ... :)

BTW, no carrier or retailer at this stage of the game knows what the heck they are getting.

16. Jt9224 macrumors newbie

To anyone trading in their 5s to best buy check their iPhone 6 FAQ it says 5s is minimum of $300.
    I also preordered from there, 64gb Space Grey. The employees I talked to really had no idea how many phones they would be getting in though and couldn't give me any real estimate as to when I'd be able to pick it up.

17. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

iPhone 5 32gb trade in value: $225

iPhone 5 64gb trade in value: $240

18. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

I was told that preorders do not go to a BB distribution center first, they are shipped straight to the store. Maybe even sooner than Thursday since they are rushed shipped.

19. tr3lo9y macrumors newbie

I was able to reserve an iPhone 6+ here in Canada through Futureshop (owned and literally a mirror of Bestbuy).

20. AgentElliot007 macrumors 6502

I never did the pre-order thing at Best Buy, but last year I did wake up in the middle of the night the Thursday/Friday when their store inventory got updated and ordered a 32 GB 5s for store pickup and all went smoothly. That's what I plan to do again with the 6.

21. vabigpoppa macrumors member

hopefully i don't jinx myself but in addition to the 6, i pre-ordered the 4 & 5 from best buy and had zero issues.

22. Brandermill533 macrumors newbie

Pick up process

I have been following this thread and a thread on Best Buy's forum where actual Best Buy employees answer questions. There seems to be confusion as to how the whole process works for fulfilling the pre orders. The employees on the Best Buy thread stated that those who preordered do not need to be at the store when it opens, an email will notify you when your order is ready. Some of those participating in the thread and asking questions have been told by their local stores that preordered phones will be given out first come first serve to those with their preorder paperwork no matter what your placement is in the preorder system.

Can anyone speak to how this has worked in the past? Has your local store told you their process? What are your plans for procuring your preorder - wait for the email or go to the store first thing in the a.m.?

Thanks.

23. iosuser macrumors 6502a

I put my $50 down at BB also last Friday, for a gray 6/64GB. I totally believe it that it's first come first served. They have no inventory to assign a specific phone to a specific order. The best they may be able to do is put a sticky note with a customer's name on the phone as they arrive, and that's probably up to the individual store if they choose to do that. FWIW the agent (her name tag says mobile manager) told me I have 2 days to pickup my order after being notified when the phone arrives, whatever that 2 days means.

24. benboy12 macrumors regular

There is probably some truth to that. However, I would think they would send notification that your pre order is ready based on the inventory they received. For example, if they received 50 iPhone 6's in Space Gray, they would send notification to the first 50 customers who pre ordered an iPhone 6 in Space Gray. While it's true a specific phone wouldn't be assigned to you, there would still be enough in inventory to satisfy your pre order (if you received a notification saying your phone is ready).

I probably won't go to the store until I get an email because of work. If I had the day off already, I would maybe show up at Best Buy Friday morning. Or if I got an email saying my phone was in, I would maybe schedule some time off. However, I wouldn't want to schedule time off just on the possibility it could be there

25. msegina613 macrumors member

I pre-ordered both the 4 and 5 through best buy.

They would get their stock in either Tuesday or Friday morning. When they have a phone assigned to your pre-order they will call you to setup an in store appointment to get your phone. They do this so not everyone rushes in a open and everyone has to wait.

On the 5 my mother got hers on launch day but i had to wait for mine till the following Tuesday, and we were the third pre-order they took.

All depends on how many phones best buy gets from apple and how many they allocate to each store.