Best Buy Preorders

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Bbafett, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Bbafett macrumors 6502

Has anyone had luck preordering an apple item from best buy.com? I got my apple watch 2 preordered on the apple app but then checked on best buy and they were taking orders for sept 16th as well. Wanted to order there as I got it basically half price with the reward certificates I had.

I ordered on both places. Will be cancelling the Apple one if people have had luck with actually getting it on release day through best buy. Let me know

2. 9512tacoma macrumors member

I think all big box retail stores can not sell until 9/16

3. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I did the same since BBY showed an arrival date of 9/16 for the white 42MM SS, whereas Apple sowed 9/26.

4. Bbafett thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you cancelling the Apple order? Hoping the order delivery date is correct for Best Buy?

5. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

No, I'll keep both. I'll cancel the one that doesn't ship first.

6. bobbydd21 macrumors regular

Exactly what I'm doing. Hopefully Best buy pulls through for 9/16 but I don't have high hopes.

7. conklaven macrumors regular

Ordered through Best buy since i had gift cards... also ordered through apple cause i wasnt sure best buy would work... fingers crossed we get it on the 16th...

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

did you see an option for store pickup? I'd like to try Best Buy but only for in store

EDIT: Says ship only... tonight was a bust for me haha oh well.

9. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Best Buy is nice offering release date Watch preorders. I just hope they use good packaging. That's one thing with Apple. They have the perfect shipping containers whereas people like Best Buy often have just the fancy watch box loose in a much too big box and have handled the fancy white watch box, etc.

Hopefully it works ok though.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You may being buying 2 watches, if both go into the shipping status in close proximity.

11. stonefeet macrumors regular

stonefeet

I pre ordered on Best Buy too.

Real interested to see if they show up next Friday but won't lose my mind if they don't.

Our og watches run well enough on watchOS 3 to hold us over until then, really looking forward to the extra processing power that's for sure

12. Bbafett thread starter macrumors 6502

I will probably cancel my Apple order and keep the Best Buy order this weekend way before they change to prepare to ship. Best Buy still has he model online I ordered set to be 9/16 delivered while Apple has slipped to 2-3 weeks. Not sure if they are updating the info online or just have less orders than supply given.

13. WLS macrumors 65816

I've preordered too, space grey 42mm. that seem to be a popular choice. Last time I did a preorder it was in the store before I received it in the mail.

14. Bbafett thread starter macrumors 6502

So you didn't get your preorder item the day that the order said you would? Only preorder I have done from Best Buy is video games and I did get it in the mail the day they said. However, not quite the same thing as Apple hardware.

15. WLS macrumors 65816

I think it was projected as coming on Sat and It was in the store on Saturday but I didn't get it in the mail until the following Monday. Just bad luck I guess. I'm not sure what the actual demand is for the watch but I'll take a chance on getting the model I want even if it comes a day later as to walking into the store and finding they are sold out.

16. Bbafett thread starter macrumors 6502

I went ahead and cancelled my Apple order as Iphone 7 orders through apple are starting to change to preparing for shipment. Didn't want to end up with two watches. I will just hope the best buy order comes in Friday as the order states.

17. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

You can always return one, especially if unopened.

18. Bbafett thread starter macrumors 6502

Nah. More hassle than I need. If it it comes in from Best Buy later than Friday then i won't buy preorder hardware from them again and just use Apple. Only time it will come into play is on the watch as I will still only use Apple for the phone just for simplicity.

19. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Target has the same thing, free shipping says it will arrive 9/19 - 9/22. I paid $15 extra for express shipping to arrive on 9/16. If it's not there on Friday I'm getting a refund for that shipping charge!

20. jwlbel macrumors regular

I pre-ordered from Apple. It is due on 9/16 and it shows already as preparing for shipment. So I cant cancel it at this point. I also pre-ordered it from Target using my Target Card so I saved 5%. I will return the one I am getting from Apple

21. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I'd make sure you're happy with the condition of the Target one first. You know how people get items with marks, scuffs, etc. pretty regularly.

22. conklaven macrumors regular

i preordered from apple aluminum 42mm with woven band. ordered as soon as the site was up and it was already showing delivery of 9/26. I also ordered from best buy around the same time (actually before Best buy had its preorder button working. I was able to search the site for "apple watch series 2" and found them and ordered about 2 mins before they had the preorder button working) and got the delivers by "release date 9/16"

Im curious how best buy seems to have more stock then apple themselves. Also keeping both orders will return the apple bought one unless a family member wants it. ( i have best buy gift cards)

23. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,figured I would post this to help. I work Bestbuy and currently in Charge with the Apple Watch Launch at my store. I had a meeting with my GM today,I was told that if you have a Semptember 16th date then you should be getting your watch on launch. My store had a small amount of pre orders (16) and I was advised we should be able to fulfill them and possibly have some left over for walk ins. Can't say the same for the iPhones. However Thursday night around 8PM if you want to call we should be able to tell you if your watch has come in. Depending on your store volume, a Bestbuy employee may be calling you to schedule a appointment to pick up your watch on Friday,we will have a group dedicated to help setting up and connecting the watch to your iPhone. I will be contacting customers Thursday night as soon as I get the watches in stock,so your store may as well. Though this will be some helpful info for y'all.

Edit: I just want to reinforce this has what has come down from our DM to our GM. So each store and district could be different.

24. conklaven macrumors regular

Awesome information... But I I remember not being able to choose pick up in store which could be the reason for the small amount of preorders you are seeing. Not sure what other people have experienced but this was mine..

Also if you remember what showed up on the preorder was this:
    Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 2.45.46 AM.png

Which to me it clearly says GET IT BY RELEASE DATE... Sept 16. I would say if they don't deliver then its false advertising...

25. projectfx macrumors 6502

same here when i ordered it was "not available for pickup" so i had it shipped. doesnt really say that its going to be delivered release day on the order status, however it did when i ordered so keeping my fingers crossed.