Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I went after work. I was about the 25th person to preorder. They did not say they would call me, they would not set up an appointment, & I was not comfortable that they would not sell the preorder phones if they had enough people waiting at the door. I got the impression that there would be a preorder station so if you preordered you could essentially go to the head of the line but if they ran out of stock on regular phones, they might start selling preorders. I told the guy that I have to work that day & can't stand in line so I'll call him that morning & see what the situation is & if they "have enough to cover all preorders" they'll hold one for me until that afternoon. It was not a good feeling but I'm fairly sure I'll get one within a week of launch at the latest.

summerpeach

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
i went to two best buys and was told they did not have white iphones and don't know when they will be available. probably not for a month or so. they also said they can't guarantee anything, including getting the black iphone 4s on the 24th. they said they would call me later this week to let me know when i will be able to come pick up my phone. they said i will get a call before the 24th w/ this information and an appointment date and time . :(

jim.arrows

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2006
bloodbone, despite your warning I decided to pre-order at BB today - I was 4th in line to order, they did not give an appointment but said they'd call a day or 2 early to schedule me.

With regards to porting the number I asked you about before, they said they couldn't check the note on the account without our corporate account number - can you confirm that? I gave them the phone number & told them it was on Verizon, but they said they couldn't check it using the phone number and needed the corporate account number. Work says they won't give it to me, and insists they never give it to any employee and that it's never been a problem before. I just feel like I'm going to get caught in the middle on launch day and that they're not going to want to spend anytime working out issues since they'll be dealing with so many customers.

Can you just confirm whether the corporate account number is necessary, or can they check it by just using the phone number? I just want to know who I need to press, work to give me the number or BB to convince them they don't need it.

Thanks again,
Jim

nvjusme

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2008
San Leandro
NO guarantee of black or white phone

Hey everyone,
There is no guarantee at Best Buy of any White Iphones but make sure you preorder the Black Iphone right away to ensure you get one ASAP. It's all up to Apple now as to when we'll get the Iphone at our Best Buy Store. We are not preordering WHITE Iphones anymore because even Apple is not preordering them. Best Advice for all customers is to hurry and preorder one so your name is on the list. Good luck.

carlili4190

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
bloodbone, despite your warning I decided to pre-order at BB today - I was 4th in line to order, they did not give an appointment but said they'd call a day or 2 early to schedule me.

With regards to porting the number I asked you about before, they said they couldn't check the note on the account without our corporate account number - can you confirm that? I gave them the phone number & told them it was on Verizon, but they said they couldn't check it using the phone number and needed the corporate account number. Work says they won't give it to me, and insists they never give it to any employee and that it's never been a problem before. I just feel like I'm going to get caught in the middle on launch day and that they're not going to want to spend anytime working out issues since they'll be dealing with so many customers.

Can you just confirm whether the corporate account number is necessary, or can they check it by just using the phone number? I just want to know who I need to press, work to give me the number or BB to convince them they don't need it.

Thanks again,
Jim

Here you go :D
http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/basics/transfer-number/porting-faqs.jsp

Everything you need to know about porting and what you need when you port... I would just have them give you a temp # and then port the number yourself when you get home... Thats what I am doing

rebo0ot

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2009
iPhone 3GS (8GB) Available in Online Store in Canada

I've noticed that the 8GB iPhone 3GS model is now on pre-order from Canada's online Apple Store. Ships by June 24. Cost is $549 with NO CONTRACT. You can choose your carrier afterward.

The iPhone has never been available from Canada's online store before. You always had to purchase through a carrier (with a contract). The carriers in Canada are BELL, TELUS, and ROGERS.

http://store.apple.com/ca/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=OTY2ODA2OQ

Eddie L.

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
Well, I just went to my local Best Buy. I had called them earlier when they opened this morning at 10:00 AM, and they said that they took about 20 preorders yesterday and were going to be taking preorders again today. I know, based on comments on this site, that they have a "loose" policy regarding the preorders (i.e., I don't know that they will stop taking preorders at any point), but my thinking is that if I am preorder #21, then I should get one on the launch day (since the report stated that each store would get "at least 45 iPhones" on launch day). I guess we will see, but this was at least as good of an alternative as ordering on Apple's site and not getting one until after July 2nd.

Anyway, I went in and got my preorder placed in a matter of minutes. In that short time frame, 2 other people came in to preorder as well! I told the BB guy that they will probably get a bunch of additional preorders today, since all other places are sold out.

sdiesel619

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2008
Well, I just went to my local Best Buy. I had called them earlier when they opened this morning at 10:00 AM, and they said that they took about 20 preorders yesterday and were going to be taking preorders again today. I know, based on comments on this site, that they have a "loose" policy regarding the preorders (i.e., I don't know that they will stop taking preorders at any point), but my thinking is that if I am preorder #21, then I should get one on the launch day (since the report stated that each store would get "at least 45 iPhones" on launch day). I guess we will see, but this was at least as good of an alternative as ordering on Apple's site and not getting one until after July 2nd.

Anyway, I went in and got my preorder placed in a matter of minutes. In that short time frame, 2 other people came in to preorder as well! I told the BB guy that they will probably get a bunch of additional preorders today, since all other places are sold out.

Just curious on what everyones process at BB was. I walked in and signed a sheet of paper with barcodes and a picture of the iPhone 4. I paid 50 for a GC and they put my name down on a list for a 9am appointment on launch day. I just want to see if BB has the same procedures everywhere else.

Eddie L.

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
Just curious on what everyones process at BB was. I walked in and signed a sheet of paper with barcodes and a picture of the iPhone 4. I paid 50 for a GC and they put my name down on a list for a 9am appointment on launch day. I just want to see if BB has the same procedures everywhere else.

Mine was exactly the same, except they did not schedule an appointment for me. Rather, they just told me to stop by the store on the 24th to pick up my phone.

marvel2

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
So on the 24th when I go into BB to pickup my preorder, will BB Mobile active a new contract for me? Or am I just buying the device? I am upgrading and my buddy is going to join me on a family plan.

BlondeBuddhist

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2010
dammit I preordered a white. Wonder what issues will be ahead of me

So did I. Then I went back today and asked what would happen to my preorder. The Mobile Manager said they are automatically taking the white pre-orders and swapping them to black. He also told me they would be opening at the usual 10 o'clock AM. I plan on getting there around 8.

Blonde Buddhist

Aphex3D

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2010
So did I. Then I went back today and asked what would happen to my preorder. The Mobile Manager said they are automatically taking the white pre-orders and swapping them to black. He also told me they would be opening at the usual 10 o'clock AM. I plan on getting there around 8.

Blonde Buddhist

interesting.

Dammit I wanted a white one too. I'm just going to assume the one white one they've ever so far made will be available to me at my store on june 24th. Or give the black to my sister once the white one comes out. EITHER OR.

Missveronica

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2009
West texas

Yes, that is the same procedure at our BB, except they said they would call the day before to set up appointments. I was about 12-13th in line, so I hope I get one. Not sure how many they will get in on the 24th.

summerpeach

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010

yes, except they told me they'd give me a call sometime before the 24th as to when i can pick up my phone. it could be on the 24th, but it could also be a later date.

nachotaco

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
I went to best buy as well and was number 12 & 13.
I filled out the same sheet everyone else talks about and got my GC.
They didn't tell me anything else so I went home.

When I read that some had received appointments, I called my BB to inquire about mine.

They told me that they would not be scheduling appointments until they get them in stock, probably the 22nd or 23rd. They will be giving me a call when they have mine in stock to schedule an appointment.

Hopefully they still get the 45 rumored...I hope Apple and AT&T don't try and take them :eek:

Eddie L.

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
Uh oh!

Just got a call from the Best Buy that I preordered from this morning. They are backtracking somewhat. They have stopped taking any preorders, and he said that they "were not aware that AT&T had halted preorders" when I placed mine this morning. He said that they guaranteed my preorder, but he could not guarantee that I would get it on the 24th (although he said that I could very well get it that day anyway).

I pressed him for more details, and they had taken 25 preorders before they stopped taking them. I was preorder #21. So, now I'm hoping that the report about each store getting 45 phones is correct. If not, then I'll probably have to wait. If they get at least 25 phones in for the launch date, then I'm guaranteed to get one. He told me to check back on the 22nd or 23rd, and he would know if they received enough phones to fill my preorder on the 24th.

I guess that my best chance is to still stick with the Best Buy preorder, since the Apple site has pushed the shipping date back to July 14 now.

tyemoe

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2010
Any word on how many iPhones at Best Buy for sure?

I talked to my BB and they said they had no idea about how many iPhones they would get. They had heard the 45 phones rumor as well, but has anyone heard for sure how many there will be at Best Buy on launch day?

bmbastien

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Shipping Date

I dont know what is going on...but i preordered my Iphone4 on the 15th and received a confirmation email and so on and so forth saying it would be delivered on the 24th. They charged my credit card for the phone and now today I noticed the hold they put on my credit card is gone. Also, when I log on to see the status of the phone....it says BACKORDERED!!!. How can this be, I received the email confirming, I logged on pretty early in the morning to reserve it, and they charged my credit card but then took it back????? I called ATT and they said I should receive it on the 24th as planned, but I have other friends who ordered the phone AFTER I did who already have confirmation emails saying it has been sent. WTF is going on here lol.

nachotaco

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
LOL at two posts above...I guess it could happen to me too thoguh:rolleyes:

Can whoever the first person to get a call from best buy to schedule an appointment post it on here....

I want to know when the first best buy gets their phones in so that I can guess as to when mine will call me.

beforeyougo

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
hmmm

I called my local best buy today to find out what they new about preorders...and the girl knew absolutely nothing! I am #9 or 10 on the list, so I'm hoping that's good enough. The process went the same for me as everyone else, my best buy is going to call to schedule a time to pick the phone up. The guy at my store said he thought they would open up a couple of hours early. I'm wondering if they are going to let each individual store make that decision??

severe

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
Can whoever the first person to get a call from best buy to schedule an appointment post it on here....

Will do.

The guy at my store said he thought they would open up a couple of hours early. I'm wondering if they are going to let each individual store make that decision??

I read somewhere (probably this thread) that, yes, it's up to each location.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.