Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BB2015

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2015
Is Best Buy doing just in store orders on the Pro? Website is showing shipping not available and none in stock 250 miles around me

Hummyq

Cancelled
Apr 22, 2015
I'm getting the same message, though only a few iPad models say "check stores" I'm guessing that they are still in the process of adding them to the site. They should show stores within the next few hours though... according to a Best Buy rep.

meldea

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm getting the same message, though only a few iPad models say "check stores" I'm guessing that they are still in the process of adding them to the site. They should show stores within the next few hours though... according to a Best Buy rep.

Yep, they are populating inventory right now.

BB2015

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2015
will they be shipping today also?

Centris 650

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2002
Near Charleston, SC
It says

Item not available for pickup

We're sorry, your item is not available within 250 miles

Whelp, guess I'm fighting downtown Charleston (SC) traffic today. Glad it's not raining or I'd have to take a kayak.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
My local store gets a shipment on Wednesdays, truck did not come yet and then items have to be added to inventory. So maybe later today.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
When the Apple TV was released a couple of weeks ago, the in-store inventory started showing up online in the early afternoon hours that Friday.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
A store 20 miles from me shows a gold 32gb available for pickup now.

Hang on folks, we will be rocking one soon.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Let us know if they get some Pencils! WE NEED PENCILS! :)

Got my Pro but no Pencil or keyboard or case yet in stock They may come in later with another shipment.

Just keep checking the website for availability in one's area. More and more stores in my state are showing the 32gb as available in gold and silver.

And no, nobody else was there trying to pick one up. The rep brought out about 10 from the back, all 32gb and the colors I mentioned.

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
Got my Pro but no Pencil or keyboard or case yet in stock They may come in later with another shipment.

Just keep checking the website for availability in one's area. More and more stores in my state are showing the 32gb as available in gold and silver.

And no, nobody else was there trying to pick one up. The rep brought out about 10 from the back, all 32gb and the colors I mentioned.

did they say later today?

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
was able to order one for in store pickup today 128gb silver, although when i went earlier they said they did not have anything in stock. hmmm

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
Will you be able to walk into a best buy today and make a purchase?
Nope. Just got back from BB and they acted like I was insane asking if they had any available. When I told them it shows "add to cart" online and the rep I spoke to on the phone last night said they just received their inventory, the rep took me more seriously and looked in the back and in their system.

I called the BB I called last night and they informed me the rep I spoke to was mistaken. Not a very happy camper.

I can drive an hour north right now and pick one up at the Apple Store but I am not paying $1,000+ out of pocket for one. I was also hoping BB would trade in my iPad Air 2 to put towards the purchase. Does anyone know if Apple B&M stores trade in used iPads for credit?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012

That's what I did BUT I checked the website for availability at my store. It shows it was available and it cannot show that unless it is checked in from delivery and updated in their inventory, so one knows it has to be there.

If that is the case, folks need to get a supervisor/manager involved. Some employees are better than others when it comes to finding in store stock if it isn't on the shelf.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012

That's what I did BUT I checked the website for availability at my store. It shows it was available and it cannot show that unless it is checked in from delivery and updated in their inventory, so one knows it has to be there.

If that is the case, folks need to get a supervisor/manager involved. Some employees are better than others when it comes to finding in store stock if it isn't on the shelf.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle

Not necessarily true. Sometimes it's just lost or a display model etc. Had it happen numerous times. Also, their inventory system is not real-time, either. I think they said it was lagged by 45 minutes. That's annoyed me numerous times.

robd54

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
I went to my local best buy even though the site said not available for pick up (128 GB space grey) and saw a stack of them in the cage. I asked someone if they had the iPad Pro and he said "not yet", so I said "well there's a stack of them there" and then they were super helpful. All wifi versions available but no cellular. Also no keyboards and pencils. I ended up with a 128 GB wifi, but will probably swap to a cellular when they become available. Have until Jan 15 with Best Buy's holiday return policy.

Reactions: iphone5att64

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
Picked up a 128gb silver wifi at bestbuy today! They only had 4 in through express delivery in th morning. It arrived after the store opened. Also my 10% off movers coupon worked on it!

Reactions: iphone5att64

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
Wellp, I drove 40 minutes north to a Best Buy to get one day of. I must say this thing is HUGE especially putting my iPad Air 2 on top of it. So excited to use it! Looking forward for my Logitech CREATE Case to come in the mail along with the Apple Pencil. Christmas came a month early for me =D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.