Best Case/Cases for the iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by co0ki3mon2t3r, Jun 24, 2010.

1. co0ki3mon2t3r macrumors newbie

co0ki3mon2t3r

Just wanted to get some opinions or suggestions from anyone that may have bought a case or going to buy a case for their iPhone 4.

The OtterBox ones look pretty good. Could use color options though.. :rolleyes: Anyone else?

2. jp93 macrumors regular

I really like my new Incipio Silicrylic, but the Otterboxes look awesome.

3. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

I bought an iFrogz. I don't have my phone yet, but I really like the feel of the case. And its real light.

4. co0ki3mon2t3r thread starter macrumors newbie

co0ki3mon2t3r

I like how the bumper leaves the back open making it a more low profile case.

5. Bankerts macrumors member

+1 for the ifrogz luxe. It was all they had at the AT&T store but it will do for now since the back and sides are protected.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Checked these out at ATT yesterday and do not like at all.

7. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Anyone have pics of the ifrogz luxe for iPhone 4? It's weird that they're not on their website :confused:

8. TaylorBoi macrumors member

I went to best buy and AT&T to see what they had....the cases were horrible and felt very cheap. I ended up purchasing one for the moment since there's a 30 day return policy at best buy. Ill be taking it back once the OtterBox is released however

9. tardis56 macrumors member

The only problem I see with some of these cases is that they won't fit in the car holder or dock. :mad:

10. Alive macrumors newbie

Big fan of the Seidio Innocase II. Not available yet, but I'm going to hold out for it. The previous versions were superbly designed - minimalist while offering just enough protection for drops. Never comes off when dropped, etc. and the feel is just right. It's thin plastic that's rubber coated. The rubber is slick - it doesn't stick in pockets or anything.

11. andyadler macrumors member

+1 for the Seidio Innocase. I've used them on my original iPhone and my 3G, and will buy one (along with the holster) as soon as they're available. Meanwhile I'm using a bumper, which I actually like quite a bit (except for the price).

Best...A.

12. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

All I have on my phone right now is an iFrogz Luxe. I like it a lot. It doesn't add that much thickness, and the snap fits on really tight, almost too tight to get off. I ordered a 3-pack of crystal protectors from Case-Mate.

All my AT&T store had were iFrogz and Candyshells. I liked the Candyshell I had on my 3G, but it just added so much bulk I decided to try the iFrogz.

13. co0ki3mon2t3r thread starter macrumors newbie

co0ki3mon2t3r

So I went to best buy yesterday and looked at the cases. They had the iFrogz Luxe, the griffin reveal and some other best buy brand ones. I ended up picking the griffin reveal and I must say this case is FANTASTIC. It's nice and sleek and fits snuggly on the phone. The top and sides are gooshy so you can click the lock button easily and the sound buttons are really responsive. It protects the back with a clear plastic sheet so it doesn't look like a case is taking over the look of your phone. Basically it's like the apple bumper but with back protection.

Either way I am very pleased with this case and HIGHLY recommend it for 24 bucks.. :D

Griffin Reveal

14. co0ki3mon2t3r thread starter macrumors newbie

co0ki3mon2t3r

Also apparently from other posts. You will need to take a marker(sharpie) around the camera hole portion of the case to stop the case from affecting the flash.

15. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Does the OtterBox Defender have a screen protector attached to the case or is it something u have to install? I can't install those for the life of me.

16. lkeslinger macrumors member

17. co0ki3mon2t3r thread starter macrumors newbie

co0ki3mon2t3r

I'm pretty sure the face is open on the defender. As for installing protector shields, the only brand I have had success with zero bubbles is the zagg invisible shield because you use water and a squeegee to apply it.

18. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Going with the otterbox defender once it is out. Used the defender on my 3gs and was my favorite case. Adds bulk but with my work I need something a little more rugged. As for a protective cover on the otterbox the answer is yes. However, I have found that when using the otterbox it will makes the screen look "bubbly." To fix it I use powersupport anti-glare and makes the screen perfect. Just my opinion.

19. Tom Sawyer macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

FWIW, I picked up the Belkin Grip Vue for the 4 (clear) at Best Buy (had a $25 coupon so it cost me very little) and like it. Definitely fits the phone nicely and protects it fully... edge pops nicely over the edge of the screen to give a nice protective lip. It does not add that much bulk/thickness to the phone at all and feels more secure in my hand. I'll add a crystal screen to the screen once they are available and be 100% covered.

20. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

21. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

Here's mine! I love it!

ifrog1.JPG

ifrog4.jpg

22. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8