Best case for grip?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lyceumHQ, Jan 11, 2016.

1. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

As in the title really.

I so far have four cases for my 6s. Spigen Capsule. Ringke fusion. Spigen ultra hybrid and an anker slim shell.

I like them all but they all have something I dislike. Mostly they don't have much in the way of grip.

Having googled it seems the speck candyshell grip is my only option if I want a case that heps out with grip (I'm forever terrified I'll drop my phone! And having shelled out £619 I'd really rather not!).

So thought I'd ask if anyone has any other suggestions before I go ahead and buy the speck?

Thanks!

2. AE14 macrumors 65816

AE14

In all honesty, the Candyshell Grip is the best for grip. It's not my first choice overall, but you can't beat the grippyness

3. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

I don't mind the case at all. I've had it for every iPhone since the 4 and loved it. But I just wondered if there were any other options as maybe I change might be good. But if it has to be the grip then so be it.

I just want a case that doesn't make me feel the phone is about to slip out of my hands.

4. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

5. easheer macrumors regular

easheer

Agreed, but it's a little too thick for my taste.

6. lugworm macrumors 6502

lugworm

7. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Griffin Survivor Journey is very grippy, and the Thule Atmos X3 and X4 have lots of grip as well...

8. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Thanks!

I had a zoogue for my 5 and really didn't rate it it felt more plastic than rubber/grippy. Have they improved it?

Thanks! I actually quite like the X3 and the griffin! Will watch some reviews.

9. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

The leather version of otterbox's symmetry is very good as far as grip goes, maybe not as good as the Speck but still up there. The leather Apple case is also great for grip.

10. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Here are my reviews of those cases, if that helps:

Thanks!

Kristin

11. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Thank you! Great reviews.

I noticed you have both so could I ask which offered more grip the speck or the griffin?

12. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

The apple silicone case is very grippy, not sure if it's the best but it has a very grippy texture on it.

13. mysterydate macrumors 6502

mysterydate

Our cases have textured edges, a lip for protecting the screen, and a textured, laser engraved bamboo and paper back which looks awesome, feels better, and is literally one of a kind.

We also support the use of hand glue, which ensures you never ever ever ever drop your iPhone. Ever.

14. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Probably the Griffin, because it is grippy all over, versus the Thule, which has some non-grippy parts. However, they are both extremely grippy and both offer 6 ft drop protection. I love them both!

15. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Thank you! I'm not as keen on the Thule now I've watched a few videos. But I do like the griffin. And the speck

So I guess it will come down to which I prefer the look off.

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone! It's appreciated.

16. AE14 macrumors 65816

AE14

I have not tried the Griffin, but the Thule is top notch. You can find it at certain best buys for a fraction of the price (under $20)

17. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Unfortunately there's no best buys in the UK!

18. lugworm macrumors 6502

lugworm

No noticably, but I've always rated it as one of my favourites, with just the right grip for me. Each to their own, I suppose.

19. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

I've had both the 5 and 6 plus versions of the Grip, which work well. I haven't had any issues with the rubber separating from the plastic itself, but I tend to be more gentle on my gear.

For every day, I have a Carved Traveler, which has knurled edges. I like it because it's reasonably compact, and at least somewhat avoids the "just another dime-a-dozen plastic case" look, but it's not the ultimate of anything in any sense.

I also had, and returned, an Evutec SI, which had pretty good grip for a smooth plastic case. It was good quality, but I didn't think it was worth the price for me, especially considering my "plastic" standard above.

20. lpetty2011 macrumors newbie

My vibrance case from Maxboost has matte surface. That's not super grippy, but it's good enough for me. I'm happy with it and the best part is, it is free from their reviewer program. You can google their website and find their reviewer program.

21. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Nothing stays in my hand like the hybrid type clear cases from Spigen (Ultra Hybrid) and Luvvitt (Clearview). Maybe it's just me, but the smooth clear back sticks right to my fingers and the tpu bumper is just the right amount of tackiness against skin to provide incredible grip.

The Candyshell Grip is also very good but a different kind of grip, but effective all the same.

The Ultra Hybrid / Clearview and Candyshell Grip have been my absolute favorite cases two years running.

22. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I like my 1+ sandstone case for my 6. I actually bought an OPX for fun too but it's not going to replace my 6.

23. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

I have the ultra hybrid. It, along with the candyshell grip was my favourite for my iPhone 5.

Spigen had a sale on and they're one of the few case makers who have a UK store. So I got the capsule and the ultra hybrid.

The capsule I personally find much better than the hybrid but I miss the grippiness of the candyshell.

Can't really decide now between the candyshell grip and the griffin journey.

But think I'll stick to the candyshell as it has more lay on the table.

But since the bendgate malarkey (I had a 6 which bent after a week of being babied - and I mean babied. My 5 looked brand new after 3 years use that's how much I baby my phones) I'm a little nervous as I know the speck is a pain to get off the phone (I know it's daft the 6s is a totally different material and is much much stronger than the 6 was).

24. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

Forgot to note that I bought my Grip cases at TJ Maxx (or TK Maxx for you) for $10. Hard to beat that.