Best crystal screen protector available to preorder?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jps1012, Mar 11, 2012.

1. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Whats the Best crystal screen protector available to preorder?

Also is there any place in NYC that installs screen protectors ? Thanks

2. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

3. jps1012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Have u ever used power support sp? If so how does this compare? Is it more of a sticker feel when applying or something u can take off when installing to adjust it? Thanks

4. deeddawg macrumors 603

5. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Sorry never did. I just don't see the point of spending a lot on a screen protector...especially knowing how well the Splash ones have worked for me. I had one a while back that you had to use a solution for (it's a popular one but I can't remember the name) and it almost messed up my screen. The one I linked to does not leave any residue whatsoever. I'm assuming the same thing can be said for the other link that was posted here.

I don't think there's any difference for the iPads front so the 2 protectors should work on the new one.

6. MortalDays macrumors regular

Be careful!!!

PLEASE ADVICE. The SGP Ultra Crystal Screen Protector only comes with ONE piece if you buy from Amazon. (I contacted the seller a few days ago.) So you are better off to order it from the official SGP website since it comes with TWO piece for roughly the same price.

Don't be fooled!

best regards,

7. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Is the SGP better than PS Crystal?

I can't find the SGP website can somebody drop a link?

8. MortalDays macrumors regular

here you go. and Yes, SGP Screen Protectors are the best! :) I have one for my 4S :).

LINK: http://www.spigen.com/tablets/apple...g-wifi-screen-protector-steinheil-series.html

9. deeddawg macrumors 603

Interesting. Good point to bring up.

FWIW, I paid $15.99 shipped for the one from Amazon that's sitting on my desk waiting for my new ipad to show up. It'd cost $29.59 to order from SGP's website (spigen.com) including shipping. I really only need one.

Looks like the pricing is higher at Amazon now, so one would need to consider if $22 for one or $30 for two were the better option. Depends on whether you want to keep up with the second one, have need for it, etc. Also if you don't have Amazon Prime and had to pay for shipping it'd further make the pricing closer.

10. gigemzach macrumors 6502

Don't you think the front of the device will stay the same? I really hope so... I already ordered a crystal front from Power Support... Maybe I should change to SGP for the guarantee that they will fix them.

11. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

I ordered from Power Support as well. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't fit. The front is exactly the same from the iPad 2 to the new iPad. If you were going for a back piece as well then I would have worries. Otherwise, a front screen protector should fit the exact same as the iPad 2.

12. trek360 macrumors 6502

Power support all the way. I have the crystal on my iPhone and the anti glare on my iPad. It's worth the money in my opinion. The quality is great. You can barely tell its on the device. Pricey yes but you get what you pay for.

I already preordered the ps for iPad 2 (should fit new iPad). But I went with the crystal this time. I didn't want anything to take away from the retinal display.

13. MortalDays macrumors regular

The Amazon seller is not honest for not specifying on the amount of screen protectors that the product include. Therefore, I did not buy from them aside from the higher price (even with Amazon Prime).

P.S. I think they are trying to trick people in thinking that they are selling for less than SGP official website by making the price "look" very similar to the price for 2 pieces. But in reality, you only get ONE piece. shame.

14. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

Went with the Powersupport crystal. I think it's the best of it's type. I've also tried the SGP crystal but don't think it's as durable. Has it on my iPhone too.

But I do have an eye on the much hyped SGP Glas.t product if the reviews come out good and installation can be made safer.

15. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I just buy the least expensive anti-glare ones eligible for Prime shipping on Amazon. Just bought a 3 pack for $10/shipped. To me $3.33 is plenty for a plastic sticker, and I've never had any problems. You do have to be careful when you put them on and make sure the glass is spotless and also install away from a window b/c of dust particles.

16. MortalDays macrumors regular

The PowerSupport Crystal only come with one film and it is $10 more expensive? I bought my SGP Crystal for $20 which comes with two films.

I have bought 2 iPad 3s so I think SGP is a way better deal. :D

17. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

Good point. To be clear I was comparing the two through my experience with them on both of my iPhones. I think they are fairly close and you can't go wrong with either. The Glas.t will blow both out the water if you can get the installation spot on, which will be nigh on impossible on the screen the size of the iPad. Pity.

18. jps1012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jps1012

What's the best sgp sp? Ultra fine, ultra crystal or ultra optical?

19. gigemzach macrumors 6502

It depends on what you're looking for. They all have different purposes.

The Ultra Crystal is a clear screen protector. Because of the new retina display I would order this one. It is absolutely clear and looks just like the normal screen. The problem with this one is fingerprints. It collects just like the normal screen.

The Ultra Fine is an anti-glare screen shield. It reduces glare and fingerprints. The problem with this screen shield is it makes the screen look real grainy.

The Ultra Optics is a combination of the ultra crystal and the ultra fine. It's like a happy medium between the two. More clear than the Ultra Fine but not as much of a fingerprint magnet like the Ultra Crystal.

Overall I would go with the Ultra Crystal. Like I stated above, I would chose it because of the retina display. It is the only one that will allow the image to look like it should.

20. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

I had Power Support Crystal on my iPad 2 and it was nothing short of amazing. I even had PS HQ install mine. The young lady who does the install takes her time and I'm just blown away by her work. Definitely heading over there on Friday to get my PS screen installed.

21. gigemzach macrumors 6502

Do they charge extra for that?

22. jps1012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Awesome. Thanks for explaining. Im going to order the crystal

23. jps1012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Where do u live California ? I don't think they have one in new York.

24. jps1012 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jps1012

25. Macguy76 macrumors regular

Macguy76

Ordered SGP ultra crystal for my wife's New iPad and it arrived yesterday. Literally ordered it during the live feed of the Keynote on Wednesday and glad I did.