General Best cydia tweak

CoolChristopher

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
What do you think the best cydia tweak is? What about themes for winterboard and stuff. I think AndroidLock XT:
Price: $1.49 and Repo: ModMyi
Would probably be one of my favourites :)

Let me change that
What do YOU think is the best?

Last edited:

a2k

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2011
I will chime in with biteSMS and MiWi... Two reasons for jailbreaking!

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
you asked a question, I gave an answer!!

here's the thing...you just joined and asked a question that been asked over and over and over and over.

If you had bothered to search you would have seen this but you didn't so you're expecting others to decide what is the best tweak for you?? what is best for one person is not best for another.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
OP, you're asking us to crown one tweak to rule them all. Almost like you want us to tell you what the best tweak is so you can run off and install it and then say you only have the best tweaks installed. The answer is that it depends - on you.

The better question would be, "What tweak do you always install first after a jailbreak," or "What tweaks do you have installed?" But those questions have ALSO been done to death.

Getting caught up in some obsession to have only the "best" installed can turn around and bite you.

CoolChristopher

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
ughhh

Okay let me get this straight
I want opinions
I want to research what most tweaks do and search them. It is not the fact to say i have all the best cydia tweaks
(cos you cant install 100 themes at once. can you?
Also by the way i have 2 phones one is iPhone 4s (Jailbroken)
and iPhonr 5c (Jailed)

Last edited:

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Best cydia tweak

It is a tie between activator and f.lux. Those are the two I "can't lice without" on my iphone. Activator has SO MANY uses and f.lux is pretty much a necessity for me.

No way could I pick between the two. They should be bundled together lol

Edit: live not lice.. Lice without haha

Last edited:

ravipiero

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2013
Opinions I can give.

IMO, one of the best…f.lux!

If there was only ONE tweak I could install, that would be it.

F.lux is awesome, I used it on my Mac and iPad also. But since I use eclipse on my iPhone, f.lux become kinda useless for dark theme.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
I want to research what most tweaks do and search them.
You want to research, but you ask here for the answer. That's not research. That would be like wanting to research the surface of the moon and walking up to people in a supermarket and asking them to tell you about the surface of the moon.

You may want to look up research.

You act offended that people are responding that this has been asked many times. Had you really wanted to reSEARCH you would have used the SEARCH box either here, or google, and realized that the subject has been asked and answered tens of thousands of times. You have no right to be upset that people here are less willing to help out those who ask for help before even attempting to search. If I can't find the jelly at the store, I look around BEFORE asking for help.

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
It took so much more effort for people to berate a new member to this forum, rather than to reply with some respect and/or to simply ignore the post if you aren't interested in it's content. I never understand why people have to be so rude. It's a forum to talk about apple products. I don't think anything inappropriate was posted by OP.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
The OP wants to research the suggested apps.
What is wrong with that?

It was only after F.LUX came so highly rated I did my own research and concluded it is a terrific tweak. By the same token, I also looked into the highly rated springtomize and determined it wasn't for me.

We're a like minded community. Let's cut each other some slack.

AndrewR23

macrumors 68040
Jun 24, 2010
You want to research, but you ask here for the answer. That's not research. That would be like wanting to research the surface of the moon and walking up to people in a supermarket and asking them to tell you about the surface of the moon.

You may want to look up research.

You act offended that people are responding that this has been asked many times. Had you really wanted to reSEARCH you would have used the SEARCH box either here, or google, and realized that the subject has been asked and answered tens of thousands of times. You have no right to be upset that people here are less willing to help out those who ask for help before even attempting to search. If I can't find the jelly at the store, I look around BEFORE asking for help.
Dude. Be quiet. You aren't the internet police

The best tweak in my opinion is winterboard. Bc I love theming.

caribsa

macrumors regular
May 11, 2013
It took so much more effort for people to berate a new member to this forum, rather than to reply with some respect and/or to simply ignore the post if you aren't interested in it's content. I never understand why people have to be so rude. It's a forum to talk about apple products. I don't think anything inappropriate was posted by OP.
Amen!:cool:

My favorite Tweak is BTC Mouse and Trackpad. I also love F.lux , Activator, Springtomize 3, and Winterboard. I just decided on Springtomize on IOS 7. I never used it when I was on IOS 6 but after seeing a topic on it here, I decided to try it. I was not completely convinced at first but after the Dev incorporated my 1 suggestion (making the text independent of the icon resize), I was sold.

Last edited: