Best email app for iPhone to keep a clean inbox?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by saintforlife, Dec 7, 2015.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

What is your go to email app for the iPhone for managing your email? I get a ton of email everyday a spend way too much time cleaning my inbox. I need a good app for the iPhone so that I can do some of it on the go.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Gmail for work with filters set up.

Personal I use iCloud but my mini is set up as a server and it sorts the emails which in turn gets pushed to my iPhone.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

4. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I have tried almost every single one of them and Readdle's Spark is my favorite.

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yeah, I'm using Spark too. You can snooze stuff like you could in Mailbox too. Have a look at it, pretty customizable and is only going to get better.

6. Bbafett macrumors regular

I have found on Spark that if I have snoozed pins for a later date already set they randomly stop being snoozed and just become pinned emails in my inbox. Is something wrong with this app? Is this widespread?

Also, can you change the times that emails are snoozed to?

Snoozing is one thing that Mailbox had down that I haven't seen other apps pull off in an easy to use interface. The closest is Spark.

7. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Hmm... Do you use multiple clients? Like one on your desktop?

Yeah, I don't see a way to change the time, there's just the custom date.

8. snebes macrumors 6502a

Another vote for Spark, but I've only used it for about an hour now. I have been using Mailbox for years now, but have been testing the alternatives due to the shutdown. Right now, I rank Spark > Boxer > Outlook > Inbox by Gmail > CloudMagic. Obviously my opinion, but that is what you're asking for.

I am still hoping Dropbox open sources Mailbox. I don't know how it works internally, so this may not be a viable option if a server is needed.

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I prefer to use the same app for my iPad and iPhone, so that eliminates Spark, though I do like it and Readdle. I'm currently giving Outlook a run again, and I'm liking it so far.

10. pwb2103 macrumors member

What are people who use Spark on the iPhone doing for their Mac client? As far as I can tell, the way that Spark snoozes emails means that they still show up as starred in gmail, right in the inbox for Inbox, and in the main mailbox in mailbox app. Seems that Spark both stars snoozed emails and puts them in their "Readle/Later" folder.

Not sure what good snoozing emails is if they clutter up all of my inboxes on the desktop. Really hoping there is a good solution for this.

11. Richy23 macrumors 6502

From what I've heard, Spark are working on a Mac app which is good news and I think I can cope with just the iOS app at the moment. I've just set it up and liking what I've seen so far! Quick question coming from a Mailbox user.. In Spark, can you archive/snooze/whatever all remaining emails in your inbox? In mailbox, you could swipe at the bottom of your inbox to do this.. any ideas? Thanks!

12. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yes. At the bottom of the email list there are 3 small dots. They may be swiped one way or the other do perform an action on all of the messages in that inbox.

13. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I once used Mailbox, liked it, but just had a bad feeling it wouldn't last, so I moved on... how strange that premonition would come true.

Next I chose Google Inbox, then spent time getting it customized to my liking. Now months later I'm very pleased.

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Until Google decides to shut it down. ;)

15. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Why would they shut it down? They earn entirely too much ad-revenue from selling the content gleaned from the emails.

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

They've done all kinds of things with all kinds of services they have, so no way to really know unfortunately.

17. Richy23 macrumors 6502

Awesome, thanks so much for the reply!

18. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I've been assured that Gmail / Google Inbox will remain secure, reliable and operational at least through 12:00 AM EST tonight December 9, 2015.

That's more than enough time to process my email... :D

19. Bbafett macrumors regular

I disagree. I do not see those dots you are talking about. Here doesn't seem to be a way to deal with multiple emails in inbox at one time. Can you put a picture of way you see?

20. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Not sure what there is to disagree with. At the bottom, on either side of "64" there are three dots.

IMG_6178.PNG

21. Bbafett macrumors regular

I do not have that at the bottom of my inbox. On either iPad or iPhone. Is there a setting to turn this on that I haven't seen?

Attached Files:

22. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

It only shows up in the individual folder views. Just tap/hold on one of the messages and it'll bring you into selection mode (this is where 3D Touch gets me :mad:).

23. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Not sure what to tell you. Have you customized your swipe options?

BTW, there is no iPad version. You may download the iPhone version to your iPad, but that is all.

24. Bbafett macrumors regular

I understand there is no ipad version but I was merely saying that to show that the same app is installed on two devices and they both do the same thing and don't show it in the inbox. Jessica is correct it shows in the individual folders. I just don't understand how it shows correctly in your inbox but not on either of my inboxes.

25. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

He's not using the Smart Inbox card, just the basic one. That's why.