Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tony-ton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2016
Dublin
I bought 2 black iPhones on Friday. A 7 Plus for yours truly, and the 4.7" for the Mrs as a surprise for her birthday next weekend. So I thought seeing as it was a gift, I would also bulk it up with some small add-on presents (happy wife, happy life etc :cool:).

Now suffice to say she is fond of her handbags, shoes, jewellery and anything else which she can find to fill up the 'walk-in wardrobe' that we pay a monthly mortgage on. So I knew cases would be the easiest filler gifts to start with so off I went to Amazon to look for some feminine designs that I knew she would end up looking for herself. Turns turns out that even for iPhones there isn't a great deal of choice!

Most of everything out there targeted at a female audience is bl**dy pink - I mean is that really the only answer? My other half is not overtly fond of pink so I really had my work cut out for me. I did find some cases that were in stock as per the screen shot below (though clearly didn't manage to avoid the pink in the end). Most have arrived but some are still in transit - so I will wait to see what they are like and any that don't make the cut will be returned.

Either way, I decided I would also review these cases in case in more detail on Friday after the phone has arrived just in case anyone else is in the market for something more 'fashion forward' for their iPhone. Of course the designs / patterns are not exactly my forte so will also update on my wife's opinions later - but if anyone has any questions on the quality or fitting, then feel free to ask.

Thanks

V4O124P.jpg

Reactions: Grumpy-bear

Grumpy-bear

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
Oh wow just stumbled upon this, interested to see what's good. I agree it is death by pink on amazon and there should be more choice for girly cases. I always tend to wait a bit before picking a case I like because there's more choice and better availability after a few weeks. However that case with the roses has caught my eye so interested to see your review and please post some pics as I've also ordered the black (normal) phone.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
uhm... am I going to be the only to say: you didn't get her the PLUS!!!????

I'm all about pink...

Grumpy-bear

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2015
Thanks to you I've gone and bought 3 of these cases as well :)

I bought the wooden one. And i also bought the roses one which is v.pretty and also the black diamond one from, both from Orzly. They seem to have a lot of different cases which is nice.

Hoping they arrive tomorrow in time for my phone. If not will just keep using the boring gel case I have for now!

tony-ton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2016
Dublin
Thanks everyone.

So I got 2 cases yesterday already which are the ones from Orzly as below. I should have a couple arrive tomorrow I guess but honestly I thought most would have arrived by now as it has been a week.... Will just have to wait and see. The main thing is that the iPhone is definitely delivered tomorrow without any problems!:eek:

The Orzly Art Case (http://tinyurl.com/Orzlyiph7) has two parts to it, the actual back case part as well as a TPU bumper lip. I quite like this because it means the side of the phone will be protected well, unlike similar cases such as crystal cases that leave the top and bottom exposed. It kind of clips in to the hard shell part of the case even without the phone being in so I am guessing both parts will be very secure when sitting on the phone. Design wise, the actual print work is done to a very high standard and overall has a very nice effect as well as being protective.

IMG_6709 (2).jpg

The Black Orzly DuoArmour Shimmer Case (http://tinyurl.com/Orzlyiph7-2) is a proper twin layer case, so it will be super protective and it looks and feels like it would be very sturdy. Plus point is that it doesn't feel overly bulky like some of these 'shock proof' cases can but will wait and see what it looks like on the phone. The Diamond bits seem to be integrated very well so don't seem likely to fall out and overall the case seems to be of a very high quality.

IMG_6708 (2).jpg

Both cases from Orzly have come up winners in terms of availability, quality, design and especially for their price points when compared to what some other fashion cases can cost or what the quality can be like. All that remains to be seen is how they fit and whether any other issues crop up when I've looked at them in more detail.

I will post more pictures and detailed reviews this weekend once the phone is here but thought I would quickly share what I have received so far.

Thanks
[doublepost=1473954037][/doublepost]
Maybe look specifically for leather cases?

I have thought about leather, but think I would prefer genuine leather or something that is very 'fashion accessory' looking. More like one of her millions of handbags. I definitely don't want a cheap PU type case, she does not like those at all!
[doublepost=1473954225][/doublepost]
You have a lucky lady, you are an amazing husband to go to all that effort!
:D thank you, I like to think so too - but she often reminds me how lucky I am to have her and its usually when I am making excuses about why I can't do the washing up, so I figured I should take her word on it and show my appreciation!
[doublepost=1473954443][/doublepost]
uhm... am I going to be the only to say: you didn't get her the PLUS!!!????

I'm all about pink...

Ha! I have the 6 Plus and she absolutely hated it because, and I quote 'I can't fit in my clutch' :rolleyes:

Did you get the 7 Plus? If you like pink, you won't have any trouble with case choices!

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Ha! I have the 6 Plus and she absolutely hated it because, and I quote 'I can't fit in my clutch' :rolleyes:

Did you get the 7 Plus? If you like pink, you won't have any trouble with case choices!

Ahhhhh... OK...so you already knew she wouldn't like it!

I did get the 7 plus (in pink! haha! I passed last year because in online photos 99% of the pictures looked more salmon then pink... This year: PINK!)

I got the 6+ and 6s+, too. To me the regular 6 is too small after having my phone (hubby has the 6s that he want back to after having he 6+ because he didn't like the bigger size for putting in his pocket.) I carry larger than clutch size purses... not the ginormous totes but "reasonable" size so I don't have an issue with my Plus fitting! I did have to go buy a new crossbody (actually several in different colors) to use when we go places I don't want to carry my regular purse (i.e. animal park, auto shows, etc.) since the plus didn't fit into the one I had!

I LOVE that black sparkly case! The roses one is very girly! She's going to be so surprised to see all those cases and she'll get to change them out daily!

Good job!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.