Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vamp07

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Can somebody point me a the best Internet forums for posting questions and or searching for general mac related issues. Obviously macrumors is one of the better ones but any others I should frequent?

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
vamp07 said:
Can somebody point me a the best Internet forums for posting questions and or searching for general mac related issues. Obviously macrumors is one of the better ones but any others I should frequent?

A quick Google search brought up some sites. Of which MacRumors turned up second ;)

Course there's always Apple's forums.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
MacOSXHints haas some good...æh...hints... ;)

i think the best mac forums are right here to be honest, spymac used to be popular, but certainly aren't of any help... and as stated OSXHints is good for finding small useful bits of info

btw, how did you get the "æ" Mitthrawnuruodo?

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
PlaceofDis said:
i think the best mac forums are right here to be honest, spymac used to be popular, but certainly aren't of any help... and as stated OSXHints is good for finding small useful bits of info
Yes, but the OP did ask for other places, and MacOSXHints is the only other forum I've ever bothered to register on (even if I managed to misspell my "name" :eek:).

PlaceofDis said:
btw, how did you get the "æ" Mitthrawnuruodo?
Standard key on Norwegian keyboards... ;) we regularly use æ, ø and å, in addition to the 26 letters of the English alphabet:

Attachments

• Picture 11.png
    Picture 11.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 90

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Yes, but the OP did ask for other places, and MacOSXHints is the only other forum I've ever bothered to register on (even if I managed to misspell my "name" :eek:).

Standard key on Norwegian keyboards... ;) we regularly use æ, ø and å, in addition to the 26 letters of the English alphabet:

oh i agree that OSXHints are probably the only other good resource for mac problems and issues etc...

lucky, hmm i guess i will have to figure out how to get that on a US KB....
btw, does it have any particular meaning to it?

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
PlaceofDis said:
btw, does it have any particular meaning to it?
No, not really, just another couple of vowles... off the top of my head: the æ is usually pronounced about as the 'a' in the English "bad", the ø as the 'o' in "work" and the å as the 'ou' in "bought". I cannot believe you English can get by with just 6 vowles. 9 is so much...more... :p ;)

Back OT: Apple support has a nice set of RSS feeds, that can be an idea to browse through. Unless you're just interested in one or two products, I recommend the New Support Articles feed, which covers all products/subjects... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.