Best Hardshell case for Macbook Pro 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djarsalan2006, Aug 6, 2009.

1. djarsalan2006 macrumors regular

Hey guys,
    i have seen a couple of hardshell cases for macbook pro 13" such as Incase, Speck and some other , which one is the best one and fits the best ?
    i was thinking of Satin Speck ..

2. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

+1

3. DdMac679 macrumors member

DdMac679

Once they ever update their product line.

4. jshelton macrumors 6502a

It's just my opinion, and everyone has one, but those hardshell cases look hideous on Macbooks. Most of them scratch the notebook anyway. Have you thought about the Invisible Shield if you are that worried about it?

Macbooks look so great, why put a bright orange plastic case on it? :eek:

5. azboricua macrumors 6502a

azboricua

Speck See Thru Satin, treatin me VERY well, Incipio JUST came out with their upgraded feather yesterday. mygearstore.com has them. Incase still hasnt updated theirs. Or you can just take a dremel to it, afterall, it is just one part that doesn't like up by about 1mm or 2mm, which is the audio port. (which is round like a dremel)

6. Demthios macrumors member

Deleted. Realized I was looking at the Incase 15" not for the 13" sorry.

7. DdMac679 macrumors member

DdMac679

I have been looking at these as well but I keep hearing Speck cases don't fit well and its design scratches up the MBP.

8. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Just got my Speck SeeThru Satin for $32 afer shipping, and it is identical to the Incase one I had for my whitebook. Absolutely no difference in product quality.

Go buy from speckproducts.com with the product code "devcamp50" for 50%.

9. Rondue macrumors regular

Wow

I just grabbed the promo code, made the choice easy with a price like that, sorry incase you guys are way overpriced, its a recession.

10. ecstasy macrumors 6502

ecstasy

What color did you guys grab?

I want black, but apparently, they're on backorder.

:eek:

11. reservedegotist macrumors regular

How much thickness does it add to the notebook overall?

12. ecstasy macrumors 6502

ecstasy

It shouldn't add much at all, judging from pictures.

But reviews say it adds some weight (obviously). Let's hope someone can help us out here.

13. reservedegotist macrumors regular

Oh and one more thing: the black incase hard shell case (rubbery kind) is actually a bit translucent, but from what I saw it makes the overall color slightly reddish, which I'm not a fan of :(...is that the same with the black Satin Speck case?

14. discoburg macrumors newbie

Using the Speck Satin SeeThru. Bad part is i cannot flip the screen back too much. Gotta remove the MBP from the Mstand. Now using the MBP naked

15. ecstasy macrumors 6502

ecstasy

Check the Speck site and look at the pictures.

There are a couple of YouTube reviews on it too.

I've only read reviews, but the main problem with the Satin SeeThru is that the top portion can't be pushed back too much.

That, and the fact that it's near impossible to remove the SeeThru case.

16. gibkcin macrumors newbie

incase

I have a 13 MBP as well. I have had both and I will tell you that the quality in the construction and fit with the incase hardshell case is much much better. At the apple stores here in so-cal they only have green, orange, and pink. If you go to the incase website they also have the black and frost colors. They just rolled them out a week or two ago.

Go incase for your MBP.

17. reservedegotist macrumors regular

The pictures on the Incase site weren't entirely accurate; definitely different looking at it in person, and since the Speck satin see-thru is pretty much the same thing (from the description) I just wanted to know if it also looks the same in real life.

18. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

Dozens of threads on this topic...

I've had both and I prefer the InCase Hardshell case. It's protective and yet softer and more malleable than the Speck which feels brittle, like it could scratch the notebook. Also the InCase has more air holes. On the new notebooks it does not restrict the angle of the display at all. The rubbery feel helps you hang on to it too.

19. Dedic8d2hockey macrumors newbie

20. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

21. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I have the Speck Satin Seethru, I just love it no scrathes on mine or my hubby.

22. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

23. yuanmoons macrumors 6502

Im thinking of getting the speck or, more likely, the incase.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/T...&fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MzkxMTc5Mw&s=topSellers

Can anyone tell me whether there is any possibility of rubbing marks? ie. if i carry my mbp with incase on in my backpack - and a month or year later when i take off the incase to clean, then might i find a small area on the mbp where a small movement between case and mbp has occurred and caused permanent distortion of some kind to the unibody?

Bit expensive but i use my umbp everywhere and scratch protection would be come in handy im sure.

thanks

24. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Speck. I love the colors, design. It's great.