Best headphones for iPhone

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by McGiord, Dec 25, 2007.

1. McGiord, Dec 25, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Hi,

I am looking for a very nice sound quality in-ear or earbud headphones to be used with my iPhone, with mic and ipod control.

Any suggestions?
    ________
    Toyota SA

2. jawzzy macrumors regular

V-moda makes some nice, stylish ones that sound good. With a little mic too. See what you think.

http://www.v-moda.com/

3. McGiord, Dec 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord thread starter macrumors 601

McGiord

Thanks for the suggestion. They look very nice and seem like a perfect fit for the iPhone, their advertising is very good.
    But I checked on Amazon for reviews and some people are experiencing quality issues:
    http://www.amazon.com/review/produc...ts=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
    :confused:
    Are you aware of this?

I am also considering these others to use them with the Shure adapter for the mic/controls (but the extra cable seems to be annoying):
    - Bose in ear
    - Sennheiser in ear
    Any comments on these ones?
    ________
    buy glass pipes

4. nuwtech macrumors newbie

5. amik macrumors regular

Www.ultimatebuds.com check out the er-6i set. If you are handy with small scale soldering you can make them yourself even cheaper.

6. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

yeah I have a pair of these (the er-6i) - they are great

7. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

8. hakuryuu macrumors 6502

9. rgaynor23 macrumors newbie

beats

i have read this convo and am wondering is the new beats headphones from dre are worth buing because i have the money but i don't want to buy them if they are going to produce a bad quality?. .... i'm loooking for some info on them :)

10. DELTAsnake macrumors 6502

DELTAsnake

I use Ultimate Ears' Super.fi 4 vi. They work great, no complaints.

11. kid rock macrumors regular

12. incipherbass macrumors newbie

Once and for all!

I bought an iPhone 3G last July and everybody knows that their headphones are very bad! I often use my old Sony MDR-E818 that I bought for 29$ 6-7 years ago.

The only thing is that with the Sony headphones, I don't have the controls that the iPhone headphones are offering and this is why I want a new pair!

I play music for 25 years now and I still don't know what spec to check when buying headphones. I mostly listen to Metal/Emo/Punkrock which is the kind of music that sounds really nice in my Sony cheap headphones.

I own a pair of Grado SR80 at home, but I don't want to go in the metro or simply outside during the winter with these!

If anyone can help me with the spec I need to check for loud music to sound better in my ears, it would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Incipherbass
    ----------------
    :apple: iPhone 3G 16 Gb
    :apple: iMac 20 inches, July 2007

13. Farns514 macrumors 6502

Farns514

Got my pair of Beats by Dre headphones being delivered to me today. Two of my buddies said they love them, so i had my neighbor at best buy get me a pair for cheaper. It was hard for me to dish out that cash though.

14. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I like the Skullcandy FMJ for iPhone:

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/iphonefmj-p-72.html

They appear to be out of stock atm but maybe you can find them at another online retailer. They're compatible with the iPhone, sound great, and look pretty sleek and stylish.

15. estnyboer macrumors newbie

estnyboer

finally found some affordable headphones - Aerial7

I discovered Aerial7 at a fashion trade show of all places and I'm convinced that they are the best $50 cans on the market. I bought the Matador model that comes in black. They put the Sennheiser PX's to shame. Bose TriPort would be a better point of comparison; these are at least as good. In fact, I prefer the Aerial7's to the TriPorts because they don't have the fake, overemphasized bass that Bose passes off as "good" sound.

Also killer: they are iPhone compatible (meaning that they have a mic and mute button) and come with an adapter so you can plug them into any other mobile phone.

These guys seem to be going after the same market as SkullCandy - DJ's and people who want a little fashion on their head. Let me just say that SkullCandy can bite me. These are the real deal. I've been looking for comfortable, nice-sounding, portable headphones that I can afford to lose or have stolen and I am stoked to have found these things. These are comfortable for hours and fold up nicely for use on the bus, train or plane.
    [​IMG]

They aren't that widely available yet but you can buy direct:
    http://www.aerial7.com/

SPECS
    Driver Diameter: 44mm
    Impedance: 32 ohms
    Freq Response: 5-20 KHz
    Sensitivity: 108 ± 3dB (at 1kHz)
    Input: 3.5mm (iPhone compatible)

Adapters
    1/4"
    2.5mm universal mobile phone

16. Nuck81 macrumors regular

The Iphone headphones may suck, but I love the volume control and mic feature so I can talk.

17. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

I'm sure the OP must of chosen his headphones by now :p

18. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Just for those that searches purpose:

I love my Shure SE530s and Shure MPA. The MPA will do everything you want to in terms of features.

19. jiggskc, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011

jiggskc macrumors newbie

jiggskc

20. obey908 macrumors 6502a

This thread is 4 years old. I'm sure the OP has found earbuds by now

21. haysdb macrumors newbie

The purpose of this thread was to help ONE person? I'm here with the same question, should I start a brand new thread asking the same question?

22. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Only if you want the answer to include the option of headphones made available within the past 4 years. :cool:

23. Q2Air2Pro Guest

I'd go with Shure too, best buy IMHO. I had Shure 2c for 10 years until the plastic coating came off, now I have the SE215, they are awesome, and I can replace the cords (after 10 years).
    You get really good quality in-earphones for a reasonable price. I would guess that better quality phones will not improve sound quality when listening to MP3s.