Best Internet Tethering Solution? and best way or program to get auto lyrics?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by preguntonontrac, Jan 21, 2012.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Hello, i got an iphone 4s and with my last iphone i used to internet tether a lot and i know what att thinks about it but... I am looking for recommendations on a solution to tether again without cost of internet usage. I used to use the old 3g tethering profile install but i ma looking for good and better performance solutions. I really dont mind if i have to buy an app or if there is a good solution

Second i used to add lyrics with itunes friends (does not work now) but after searching google i cant find a program to add lyrics to my songs, also to selected songs since i fixed all my library and now i need to add lyrics to the new songs. In this case i am searching for a free solution.

Thanks, detailed answers are welcomed.

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Either pay your carrier for the privilege or jailbreak and download MyWi.

3. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the answer is mywi better than itether? and how good is mywi?

4. BiggAW macrumors 68020

I bought it, it seems to work pretty well. It's the most common solution. Thank god the JB is out now, we have Wifi tethering now!

5. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Do not use MYWI if your carrier cares about non-official tethering.

6. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeash, thank god. I download it but somehow i dont know if i have to pay it or what because it let me download it and i can open it. Is this a trial? If it is a trial does it work and for how long? and if it is secure to surf the net in your pc while it is on with the usb feature?

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Personally, I think tetherme is best. All the jb tethering solutions cost money, unless you don't care about a secure connection.*

*if you check e-mail or anything else with a password/credit card, you need a secure connection

8. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, so i assume my wi and tethe rme are pretty secure solutions? Still why cydia let me download my wi? do i have to pay it or i am in atrial? and how this trial works?

9. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Mywi is a trial until you buy it. I think 14 days? Not sure of length though as I own it so it doesn't tell me. I find it good though. And mywi let's you use wifi security in WPA mode, so security wouldn't be an issue.

10. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the answers, any other suggestions including a free one will be grateful!

11. biosci macrumors 6502a

So is there one that the carriers can't figure out or something or is it completely based on how much you use it? i.e.: data jumps from 5gb per month to 30 gb if you have unlimited?

12. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Only if you care about keeping a grandfathered plan. If you don't, it doesn't matter, the worst thing they can do is switch you to an official tethering plan, and you can switch back.

13. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

grand fathered?

14. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Yes. Like unlimited.

15. blevins321 macrumors 68030

It means that you have a plan that isn't offered anymore. Unlimited data is the biggest example. Once you switch to something else, you can't go back.

16. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

Carrier or Developer

I have mywi and havn't had any issues with it..... I also have only used it about a few times so that could be why.......... Long story short is your going to have to pay either option you look at it.

The main point will be do you want to pay the Carriers or a developer for a tweak you will make use of.

17. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice question, i was not looking forward to pay for tethering i use it rare times with my laptop when away and very rare.

Another question if the att profile old trick released in the 3g old times will work on my 4s if it worked on my old 3g 1 week ago?

18. BiggAW macrumors 68020

That's not the point. The point is, do you want to pay $20 once for tethering, or $20 every month. Tethering as a service should be free on tiered plans, since you're already paying for X amount of data, you should be able to use it how you want. Also, just because you tether doesn't mean you need 4-now 5GB of data, nor does not tethering mean you won't use a ton- you could be streaming audio all day on an iPhone.

19. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Well that is why i said is a good question, for the unusual ocassions i use it and for what i use it think i will just pass on until a free solution is available.

Still hearing for alternatives.

20. solo118 macrumors 65816

I am not a major tether user, I just like to use it while on vacation or I am desperate to use my laptop and there is no wifi hotspot nearby.

I got tetherme as a cheap option, and it has worked great. Very simple and easy to use.

21. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

I might check that, i am just looking for a secure usb only internet tethering solution.

22. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

then you'll be waiting indefinitely. There currently is no good free solution. Honestly, you would rather wait than pay the $5 for tetherme?

23. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

I prefer tetherme

It 'unlocks' the native hotspots feature over USB Bluetooth or wifi and uses the phones apn data , which is suppose to help hide tethering data I believe

I don't understand why someone said this was not secure.. it uses wpa2 security over wifi.. it is the same as official tethering

I believe people have Been caught by their carriers on all the 3 major tethering apps mywi pdanet and tetherme

24. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

There is still PDANET to use as well. Works great tethered up to the ipad as a Wi-Fi hotspot

25. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

I have MyWi. I haven't used it yet. I'm just afraid that if I do AT&T somehow will find out and move me to a tethering plan. If anything, I'll be using that on emergency situations only. Browsing and whatnot. Hmm. Maybe stream Pandora on my iPod touch thats in my car. :)