Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kapp2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
Denmark
Hey. Whats the best Keyboard right now for Air 2 ? :) Thinking about click on style, not case :)

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Whats a click on style?

My vote for the best iPad Air 2 keyboard is the belkin qode pro.

1. "Thin"
  2. Detachable
  3. Smart Cover compatible
  4. Can be used as a wireless keyboard to switch between multiple devices.
  5. Portrait or landscape mode
  6. Can be used with a case
  7. Backlit keys
  8. Firmware upgrades through the app
  9. Can snap on and off the iPad similar to the surface pro
  10. Can get a deal on the iPad Air 1 version because it mostly works with the iPad Air 2

kapp2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
Denmark
Whats a click on style?

My vote for the best iPad Air 2 keyboard is the belkin qode pro.

1. "Thin"
  2. Detachable
  3. Smart Cover compatible
  4. Can be used as a wireless keyboard to switch between multiple devices.
  5. Portrait or landscape mode
  6. Can be used with a case
  7. Backlit keys
  8. Firmware upgrades through the app
  9. Can snap on and off the iPad similar to the surface pro
  10. Can get a deal on the iPad Air 1 version because it mostly works with the iPad Air 2

This style :) http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/ultrathin-keyboard-ipad?crid=1221 and nice :)

Reactions: eyeseeyou

kapp2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
Denmark
Got it.

The belkin qode offers the same functionality but if you really don't want a case I think the Logitech offers the best of that style.

For a cheaper reliable option i think Anker offers the same product.

I will take a look at Anker keyboards :)

kapp2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
Denmark
Also looking at the new Apple magic keyboard. tried it in the store :) feels great to write on :) But dont know if it will work with Air 2. also need an iPad stand, not cheap soultion :/

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I will take a look at Anker keyboards :)
I have an Anker keyboard for my Air 2. It is a nice design. Good construction. The issue that I have with it is that it has rubber nubs on the corner so that when it covers the iPad the keys don't touch the screen. This causes a gap and if squeezed too hard, flexes the keyboard.

kapp2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
Denmark
I have an Anker keyboard for my Air 2. It is a nice design. Good construction. The issue that I have with it is that it has rubber nubs on the corner so that when it covers the iPad the keys don't touch the screen. This causes a gap and if squeezed too hard, flexes the keyboard.

I looked at costumer reviews on anker website. people seem to have problems with their keyboards :(

CyFi

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2015
I know you said you didn't want a full case, but I always recommend the Clamcase Pro for the air. I believe they make it for Air 2 (I had the 1st gen Air). It makes it into a capable pseudo laptop replacement and protected it completely. The downside is definitely bulk and added weight though. I originally had the QODE but hated how flimsy it was when not yet docked. If you just want portable keyboard and don't care about clicking on, I recommend Logitech keys to go.

kapp2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2015
Denmark
I know you said you didn't want a full case, but I always recommend the Clamcase Pro for the air. I believe they make it for Air 2 (I had the 1st gen Air). It makes it into a capable pseudo laptop replacement and protected it completely. The downside is definitely bulk and added weight though. I originally had the QODE but hated how flimsy it was when not yet docked. If you just want portable keyboard and don't care about clicking on, I recommend Logitech keys to go.

The clamcase pro looks stunning ! :) But its click on im after hehe :) Are iPad keyboards only chargeable through PC ?

Reactions: CyFi

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I recently got the Belkin QODE Ultimate Pro keyboard and I really like it. I like how it's readily detachable and switchable between portrait and landscape orientation. No problem with flimsiness, etc.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I really like my BrydgeAir keyboard. I like that it's all aluminum. It makes my iPad into a laptop. It has lighted keys. It opens to any angle. It's sturdy and holds the iPad securely. Most of all it just looks classy.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
Reactions: TheFutureisLAUT

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Hi Kapp2, how about a 2-in-1 keyboard plus case ?
We have a WORKSTATION for iPad Air 2 (http://www.itslaut.com/world/work-station.html) that is :

- Lightweight
- Strong and stable Bluetooth® 3.0 provides fast a reliable response with every keystroke
- Magnetic positioning system, to keep your iPad upright while you type
- Auto connect function
- LED backlit Keyboard
- Anodized metal cover with rubberised hard plastic casing
- USB charge cable included

Except for the lighted keyboard the design of this appears to be identical to the Belkin Qode Ultimate keyboard/case.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Except for the lighted keyboard the design of this appears to be identical to the Belkin Qode Ultimate keyboard/case.

I have the QODE. Looking at their pictures, it doesn't look like this one detaches from the keyboard no supports portrait mode like the QODE.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I have the QODE. Looking at their pictures, it doesn't look like this one detaches from the keyboard no supports portrait mode like the QODE.
You have the Belkin Qode Ultimate "pro". The Ultimate is like this with non-removeable case and no portrait mode.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I really like my BrydgeAir keyboard. I like that it's all aluminum. It makes my iPad into a laptop. It has lighted keys. It opens to any angle. It's sturdy and holds the iPad securely. Most of all it just looks classy.

If Brydge made a compatible case to cover the ipad I'de probably switch to the BrydgeAir from the qode pro

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
If Brydge made a compatible case to cover the ipad I'de probably switch to the BrydgeAir from the qode pro

Brydge also sells a clear Polycarbonate protective shell back that goes onto the iPad Air and protects like the Qode it lets you see the nice Aluminum iPad back. It stays on the iPad when It's removed from the keyboard. I also use a Zagg glass screen protector. It all works fine and protects well. I also bought Brydge's leather sleeve. All nice!

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Brydge also sells a clear Polycarbonate protective shell back that goes onto the iPad Air and protects like the Qode it lets you see the nice Aluminum iPad back. It stays on the iPad when It's removed from the keyboard. I also use a Zagg glass screen protector. It all works fine and protects well. I also bought Brydge's leather sleeve. All nice!

Is the Brydge designed to allow the ipad to be detached from the keyboard easily?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.