Best iPhone 4 bumper case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jLp-PR, Oct 15, 2010.

1. jLp-PR macrumors regular

Well, I'm getting restless, waiting for my Apple bumper to come in the mail, so what the heck...

After all this months, which do you guys think is the best bumper case for the iP4?

Apple Bumper?
    Hula?
    Hybrid EX?
    Reveal frame?

Whichever, just post your opinions.

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The Apple Bumper sucks to me due to the incompatibility with 3rd party accessories. I'm sittin here at my desk contemplating grabbing the Griffin Reveal Frame today.

3. jLp-PR thread starter macrumors regular

Went to BB a couple of nights ago to get the Reveal Frame and of course, the only color they didn't have is the one I wanted, black.

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I had this happen to me a couple of weekends ago when I went. The system told the store rep they had them in stock, but she was unable to locate the black ones. I think I'm just going to go with my 1st mind though and get an OB Defender. I'm nervous about dropping my phone and shattering it.

5. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

The Apple bumper is the best, its made by Apple for the Iphone so the fit could not be better...

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Have Apple bumper now which works pretty well for me. PATIENTLY waiting for Hybrid EX (Dante Red) to be delivered to me. Looks like a better bumper to me than the Apple one plus it comes with good screen protectors.

7. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Just so you know the Reveal Frame has pretty much the same dimensions as the Apple bumper as far as the charger and headphone slots go, so it will be equally incompatible with 3rd party accessories.

8. mickeymcc macrumors newbie

IMO, the Apple bumper is the best quality. However, I also hate that I have to remove it every time I want to plug it into my car adapter. I tried a couple others but immediately returned them because they looked/felt so cheap.

9. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Folks, grab a Dremel and bore out a slightly bigger hole for the headphone port and charger port. It really isn't that difficult, and if you take your time it can look clean.

10. chanerz macrumors 6502a

11. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Thanks for the info. Glad I decided against it. I'm good with my Otterbox Defender for the time being. Kind of hefty, but provides great protection.

12. jLp-PR thread starter macrumors regular

Finally got my black Apple bumper in the mail.

I'm loving it.

Already gave my PixelSkin HD to my gf lol!

Love the look, and specially the fill.

And of course, combined with the carbon fiber back, PRICELESS!

13. mohisghey macrumors newbie

I ordered one as well for the same reasons (looked like a better bumper than the official Apple one). Still waiting to receive it though.

14. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I too am using the Apple bumper. My pixelskin HD will sit in a drawer for now. I really like the fit of the bumper, the look of the metal buttons, and how it provides just enough protection for throwing your phone on a table.

15. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Not a big fan of the bumper because of the incompatiblility for use with 3rd party accessories. I been using the casemate hula for weeks and I have been inlove. Its honestly 10x better then the bumper IMO. I have half the colors they sell and change them out occasionally. I definitely am thinking about ordering a hybrid ex though eventually. For those of you that ordered one. Keep us updated!

16. jLp-PR thread starter macrumors regular

I will be looking for a Apple Bumper alternative just for the sake of having a choice.

Those Hybrid EX look pretty sweet.

17. jon08 macrumors 65816

18. tombee macrumors member

I got the casemate hula over the weekend.
    I like it.
    Nice fit. Nice to have a clear strip around edge to see the steel edge.
    Nice that the plug holes fit my 3rd party plugs.
    mute switch easier to access than apple's bumper.
    wish they had more primary colors - blue/red/green. not a big fan of the light/neon tones.
    I bought white, but will be getting a black next.

19. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

20. jon08 macrumors 65816

Better than a $30 apple bumper, I'd say.

21. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

That would be a matter of opinion, that still doesn't make that case a bumper though. And you can get the same thing for $1, why would you pay $12?

22. SR Steve macrumors member

The quality of the Apple bumper is top notch, and after a heat adjustment it fits as if it is part of the phone. It may be expensive but it is well made and durable so it gets my vote.

23. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Thats no way to live life, it's just a phone bro!

24. oBMTo macrumors 6502

I much prefer the two piece construction of the SGB Neo Hybrid Ex. A much better fit and provides a higher lay.

25. FieldingMellish Suspended