BEST iPhone case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ddk121, Nov 1, 2007.

1. ddk121 macrumors 6502

Hey!
    I currently have a crystal clear iPhone case. It's ok, but I have found it scratches the metal rim round the iPhone, and also the case has scratched a fair bit. I have been looking for a really good iPhone case, and have come accross the Griffin Elan sleeve case and also the iSkin Revo case. I don't mind adding too much bulk to the iPhone. I really want a good quality case that does the job right. Is the iSkin case the way to go, or should I go with something else?
    Thanks

2. malenfant macrumors member

iSkin revo all the way, with Power Support Anti-Glare Film.

3. Kev1000000 macrumors member

4. sellitman macrumors regular

sellitman

5. rperalta macrumors 6502

BodyGuardz for the back + PowerSuppport screen protector for the front.

6. fairnymph macrumors 6502

fairnymph

I got a metal one that snaps on, and has openings in every necessary place, yet still completely protects the phone. I got it at a street fair in NYC for $10. It's also really simply and elegantly designed and comes in a variety of colours (I got the red/pink). I've had it for nearly 2 months now. I've dropped it 3x (once on hard pavement), and it has no dents, only a few very minor scuffs - it's very scratch and mark resistant, VERY sturdy, stylish, and I never need to take it off. I can do everything I need with it on. It is PERFECT!

Oh yay, I found it online (for the same price even). This is the exact same case I have:

http://www.etronics-outlets.com/siskcaforapi.html

7. hidehide macrumors 6502

After searching a lot, I find there is no good looking case..
    Running nake is a better choice, but the back silver + black is just very ugly..

8. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

9. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

If I had to choose between all the cases I have tried so far, I would choose the Griffin iClear. Nice and simple, good fit, does the job.

10. lokey macrumors regular

lokey

11. Jayhawk85 macrumors member

Jayhawk85

def Agent18

Agree with Lokey, I'm loving the Agent18 case with a PowerSupport Crystal Shield.

12. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I'm with Lokey and Jayhawk, but with the addition that I also use the clip from a Power Support Crystal Case with my Agent 18/Crystal film combo for belt carrying when needed. The Agent 18 is an outstanding case.

13. NC03M3 macrumors newbie

I use the Best Skins Ever film with the Crystal screen protector. The BSE film protects from knicks and minor scratching, it adds grip on the back (I would not use it on the screen), and it leaves the "naked" look.

It IS a royal pain to install properly, but it is an almost perfect fit.

14. WhiteShadow macrumors regular

I concre the screen protectors are awesome I had one on my ipod and took a bottle cap to it and just whipped the smudge away

15. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

Get a bloody screen protector and run it naked like it was supposed to be.:D

16. OdduWon macrumors 6502a

OdduWon

iscratch?

Agent18 makes the best i cases.
    Has anyone scratched their screen yet? How hard is the "glass"?. If the agent case was designed w/o a screen cover does that mean it's hard to scratch :confused:

17. ghostshadow777 macrumors member

ghostshadow777

Had the InCase Folio in olive color for a few days, liked the case, hated the fact that suddendly the phone has gained extra weight, ditched the case, put a power support crystal film, been running neked like it's meant to be.

18. lockey macrumors newbie

The Contour Showcase has been great for me. Part crystal part rubberized. Fits snuggly and survived 2 falls (one on the corner no damage). Also no dust inside like i had with the Power Crystal case. Only one annoyance is the vibrate/sound switch. needed to shave away some of the case so it was easier to flip up and down. big paws : )

19. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

The best combination for me was an:

iPhone Screen Protector

And believe it or not,

My FIFTH GENERATION IPOD VIDEO CASE!

It just fits so snug and works perfectly!

20. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

I have changed to an iSkin Revo, it is really good, seems to offer small bounce protection, but does pick up fluff. Overall very good though.

21. jqc macrumors regular

ANother vote for seido slim rubber, great case

22. gotzero macrumors 68040

I got the contour showcase after my first iphone ceased to work and I got dinged $200 for a replacement. I put a printout of pic I liked along the back of the phone since 1. I do not see the point of a clear back, and 2. I do not really feel like advertising for the iphone after my experience.

The case is fine, but it makes my iphone as big as the blackberry I replaced (one of the main reasons I wanted the iphone was smaller size).

The holster provided with it is useless. Hard to remove the phone, flimsy, etc. Thankfully the phone can fit in most of my pants pockets with the case on without looking too weird...

I think as far as a case goes (I still feel like a phone should not need a case...) it is a great combination of not noticeable/well-protecting.

23. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

One of the options for those of you who want to use the iPhone without a case, is to fit a screen protector, then use a pouch or iPod sock. The back of the iPhone will scratch, but it is pretty good without protection.

24. ddk121 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just to let you know guys, I bought the revo. I have never been happier with a case. My only gripe was, after installing the privacy protector, I wasn't happy with the clarity of the screen, so I switched back to a normal screen protector. Overall, 9/10 :D

25. Marky macrumors regular

Personally I'm running partially naked ;)

In that I take my iPhone out of it's case to use it.

It's the iPhone Suede Jacket from Waterfield designs in the USA.

Ordering to delivery took about 7 days. Postage is steep given how cheap the case is but definately worth it!

Fits beautifully and looks really smart, whilst taking up no space/adding bulk or disguising the great design of the iPhone.

their site is here:

http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphonesuedejacket/iphonesuedejacket.htm

[​IMG]