Best IPhone Earphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Macnificant, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

I am looking to replace my earphones with something better, which isnt that hard!

I want to be able to start n stop music and answer calls from the earphone cable.

Any suggestions?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

If you order in-ear headphones (which most of the "high quality" headphones these days are) you should try to get them from a store that will let you return them after they have been opened. Especially if you have never used in-ear headphones before. Personally, I hate them... they fall out of my ears constantly.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I agree with that, although that is often hard to do with high-quality ones. The Shure's come with a variety of tips including foam ones that are near impossible to have fall out as long as you are using the chord correctly.

5. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

6. Macnificant thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I don't have any way of knowing for sure, but I would expect all but the volume buttons to work. I'm pretty sure the iPhone 3G didn't support remote volume controls at all.

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yeah....

9. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

I personally really like my Ultimate Ears metro.fi 200vi. I believe these have since been replaced with the 220vi, which are slightly better looking.

You can often get the same technology cheaper by buying the headphone with the Altec Lansing brand on it instead of UE-- good choices would be the Altec Backbeat Plus or Backbeat Pro.

10. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

All but the volume up and down thing. Play/pause, previous/next song and the mic should work.

11. holyindian macrumors 6502

This is a good thread. Can we keep this thread alive and have a little bit more serious discussion from senior members or big time music enthusiast's for settling down with a good product. I am for a earphone which has real good quality sound... the best an ear phone can deliver.
    I believe anything below 125-150 dollars for an ear piece is worth commendable to spend.
    I liked both the above suggestions.

12. johnh425 macrumors newbie

http://www.atomicfloyd.com/hidefdrum

Just received this few days ago... Sounds great and like the design... If I didn't waste my $$ a month ago on the Apple In-Ear with remote.. I wouldn't hv bought the UE 4vi as well... The only thing I like about the Apple In-Ear is the control functions of it... Personally I'm not a fan of how it sounds... :)

13. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I've used the high end Etymotic's and now have the Shure SE-530's. Price aside (and this is hard to do as they are expensive), the 530's are the best in-ear device I have ever listened to. I will NEVER, go to an active noise-canceling device again (sorry Bose, you are a marketing company, not a sound company).

14. Geo3G macrumors newbie

Maybe this might help you. I took apart the oem apple junkie ear buds and replaced them with the in-ear buds from BOSE. You can replace them with ANY in-ear or regular head phones if you are good with soldering iron (don't need to be great at it).

Very easy to do, if you like a "how to" let me know. Doing it this way you get ALL the controls from the apple headset wire but with high quality mega bass ear/head buds!

15. Uabcar macrumors 6502

Now that's a cool idea. One that I'm surprised I've not thought of as I love doing stuff like this...

16. iphone3048 macrumors member

this is a nice idea.

17. ihonda macrumors 68000

i have the in-ear apple ones $80

got them on ebay for $45 brand new

18. Surely Guest

Surely

I second the UE's. I've been using them for months now, and I really like them. The sound is good, the remote button works with the 3GS, and they don't give my ears shocks while I walk if my iPhone is in the pocket of certain types of gym shorts (this was happening with the V-Moda Vibe Duos- don't get these, they suck).

I bought my UE's on Amazon when they were priced at around $25. They have been listed at $79 for a while now. If the price drops back down, grab them.

19. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

$45? Nice.

I have those too. They sound great to my ears. They insulate me from airplane noise about as well as my old noise canceling set (and they don't need batteries).

$80 is a nice price point too - since I don't have to fret about losing or breaking them. I used to have a much more expensive pair, but taking good care of them (Not getting them wet. Not getting sand in them. Not straining the cord, etc, etc.) spoiled the fun of listening.

20. ihonda macrumors 68000

the apple in-ear do sound great.. ebay is the best route to get them for $45.00

hell you could even buy them @ apple or bestbuy, get them off ebay and return the ebay ones to bestbuy/apple.. lol

shady but smart.

21. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Oddly this forum doesn't support much scamming. Still a hard concept to learn...

22. ihonda macrumors 68000

23. Surely Guest

Surely

How would that be smart? I don't follow how you would be ahead.

Are the Apple/Best Buy in-ears somehow different than the ebay in-ears?

24. coolb0yalex macrumors member

dude, i bought these and i had to return them they had like no bass at all. i was very surprise. try on some bose in ear and compare... the quality is so different.