Best iPhone headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mynewromantica, Apr 14, 2011.

1. mynewromantica macrumors regular

I need some new headphones and I don't really know what to get. Here is what I want:

-In-line music and volume control.
    -Not the style that actually goes into the ear. iPod style not noise isolating style
    -Great sound (duh)
    -Flat wires would be nice but not necessary
    -under $100

Any suggestions?

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I think you're going to have a hard time finding good pairs of earbuds. Almost every earphone is an in-ear earphone.

Wait, so you're looking for headphones or Apple/iPod style earbuds?

3. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

4. 10-Dee-Q, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011

10-Dee-Q macrumors 6502

Bandung, West Java, Indonesia & Singapore
    hi i think u are in the same boat as me
    i never like those in ear type of ear phone and while i like head phone, its actually to big to carry around everyday. so basically ive been looking for "normal" type of earphone
    and i took the bait and buy this ATH-CM7Ti
    and never look back
    this is one of the best sounding "normal" type earphone out there
    a tad expensive though i bought it for US $250 thats was about 4 years ago.
    i highly recommend this earphone
    if this are too expensive you could try the CM700BW or CM700Ti (same design but much cheaper about $100)
    but im also open for suggestion if anyone can recommned me better sounding normal style earphone.
    hope it helps
    oh another thing the bad thing about this earphone is that the plug is quite big so i can guarantee you woulndt be able to plug it in if your iphone is in a case and also theres no volume button and i quite hate the cable design, its not "y" type as normal apple one, but behind the head type like old sony style earphone if you know what i mean.

heres the link http://eu.audio-technica.com/en/products/product.asp?catID=5&subID=38&prodID=154

5. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

6. Alxvasqz12 macrumors member

7. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

Similar boat here although i want them for running. just tried MX 680's but they are going back. i find them no better (and less comfortable) than the Apple buds.

8. mynewromantica thread starter macrumors regular

9. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

10. jmy2469 macrumors member

11. MoodyMedStudent macrumors member

I have a pair of Etymotic HF2's and they're absolutely amazing. Retails for $179 here in Canada but you can definitely find them for cheaper.

12. SMacDuff macrumors 6502

SMacDuff

I have these earphones, bought directly from their showcase store here in Stockholm. When I bought them, they told me that i could get custom made earplugs form-fit to my ears for 50 bucks extra. I passed and I'm glad I did. While the a-jays four look great, they don't have the best sound. I find that they are bass heavy and that the bass is very muddy. This comes at the expense of the mids and highs and the result is that they barely sound better than a set of Koss Sparkplugs.

I gave away the a-jays to a friend and now use Klipsch Image S4i earphones which are the best sounding plugs for your money!

13. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Put on a pair of comfy Comply foam tips and all your in-ear fears will go away. Most likely. :)

14. Meltdownblitz macrumors 6502a

Wow this helped me so much, thanks alot!! I was trying to decide between the 2 and now I know I'll go with the s4i, I was leanin toward that anyway, thanks again, you helped me make up my mind.

15. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Meelectronics CC51P. Pretty good sound for $90.

[​IMG]

16. benjayman2 macrumors 6502

benjayman2

@Meltdownblitz me too I'm just waiting for them to go on sale.

17. kevinlp macrumors newbie

I know why you don't like in ear style, but this on is so comfortable, see my review

When I saw their AD on facebook, although I never heard of them, based on their photo gallery and their description, I decided to give it a try, I received it last Friday, currently I own Klipsch S4, Dr. Dre Beats and Bose comfort 3, so I am not easy to be impressed. But still their sound quality suprised me a lot.
    First, this earphone looks big because they use 12.5mm, but I was suprised that it is easy to fit in my ear and their ear tip is so soft and less pressure in my ears, those ear tips are probably the softest ones I have ever tried.
    For sound quality, I found out it has brighter and thicker mid range than my current earphone, and the sound is pretty isolate, I run it with my personal test songs, so far what I can say is it is perfect for you if you love jazz, instrument, pop, country music.
    They said it got deeper bass, I test with those frequency files I download from internet, their 5HZ vibration is really nice an obvious.
    I also tried to use it to watch movie(inception) on my laptop, it really deliver a lot more details than my other earphones. From now on, this is my movie buddy.
    For iphone controller, it's easy to use, now I can hold that call button and say verbal command to my iphone to make calls, very convenient feature.
    I love their accessories, the pouch size is good, my wife has small ears, so she can use their S size ear tip and she love them too.

If I really want to pick something bad for this earphone, I would still say the size is too big, but if you don't use it in sports, it should be fine. I think I won't return is since it got great CP value and I have seen any similar quality product at this price range in the market.

18. mynewromantica thread starter macrumors regular

What headphones are you talking about?

19. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

20. Semyonchella macrumors newbie

Best iPhone headphones?

I want to buy a phone. The only phones in my budget are the Nexus S, Galaxy S, Desire S and the iPhone 3GS. I have sold my iPod Touch 2G to buy this, so I need one with outstanding music quality (I already have amazing Sennheiser headphones, so those aren't a problem). I would go for the iPhone 3GS, but won't it become outdated in an year, when Apple stops providing iOS support for it? Also, how is the audio quality in these Androids which I have listed. I know they can't be better than an iPhone, but is it atleast on par? Could someone who has heard music on these phones (via headphones, not the mobile speakers) tell me which one should I go for?

21. Juan A macrumors newbie

This. These are by far the best headphones for the money.

22. Surely Guest

Surely

How do these compare to the Monster Turbines?

23. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

+1. love them!

24. onespeeder macrumors newbie

I have the Klipsch S4i and X10i. I prefer the cleaner sound of the X10i's much more over the s4's. I keep both, but the bass was a little too muddy for me with the S4 for all the time listening. They both have the 3 button controller and work seamlessly with iPhone. You can also use the buttons to control iTunes on a MacBook Pro. FYI.

25. Jason Genesis macrumors newbie

I was just looking for some good headphones to use with my iPhone for working out and I stumbled upon this: http://www.workoutheadphones.org/best-sports-headphones-for-iphone/

I'm like the OP and don't want earbuds that you have to push into your ear canal. Just so happens the top of the list has the Bose MIE2 which just rest on your earbud, so I'll be checking those out, I'll report back and let you know what I find out.