Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Any tethering package you want.
I never heard of anyone getting caught or bothered by verizon for tethering.
And I think cause you're on an LTE device they cannot do anything to you even if they know you're tethering.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Can you guys list the good ones you know, and list any downsides that you know of. I'm new to jailbreaking, and have only heard of 3:

1. MyWi ($20)
2. PDAnet (?)
3. Tetherme (?)

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Can you guys list the good ones you know, and list any downsides that you know of. I'm new to jailbreaking, and have only heard of 3:

1. MyWi ($20)
2. PDAnet (?)
3. Tetherme (?)

PDAnet is free and I've never had any issues with it.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Any tethering package you want.
I never heard of anyone getting caught or bothered by verizon for tethering.
And I think cause you're on an LTE device they cannot do anything to you even if they know you're tethering.

Agree and disagree.

1. I have unlimited data on Verizon and I tether non-stop throughout the day (I need it for work and have no other wifi source). I regularly download 80 to 100 GB per month and have done so for the last year without a peep from Verizon.

2. They can theoretically kick you off unlimited for tethering, if they want to. What they can't do is restrict access to LTE speed. They can't throttle your speeds, but they can kick you down to a lower data tier if they want. I haven't heard of it happening, but I won't be shocked if it does.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Agree and disagree.

1. I have unlimited data on Verizon and I tether non-stop throughout the day (I need it for work and have no other wifi source). I regularly download 80 to 100 GB per month and have done so for the last year without a peep from Verizon.

2. They can theoretically kick you off unlimited for tethering, if they want to. What they can't do is restrict access to LTE speed. They can't throttle your speeds, but they can kick you down to a lower data tier if they want. I haven't heard of it happening, but I won't be shocked if it does.

Didn't they just get slapped with a fine for not allowing tethering apps or something?
Either way I wouldn't be worries much with verizon.
AT&T on the other hand is a different story.

Orlandu

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
I also use PDAnet but it currently doesn't work as a wifi hotspot on iOS 6, until it gets an update. Since the untethered JB was just released today, I'm hoping it gets updated within the week. It should still work for USB tethering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.