Best Iphone Themes?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xpsm1730, Feb 5, 2009.

1. xpsm1730 macrumors regular

What is the best theme to get off of Cydia?

I'm trying to find one .. there seem to be so many i'm not sure which to install. I liked the Amora stuff on google images but can't install it due to an error.

Thoughts?

2. LoMonkey macrumors regular

I hate when people make threads like this, because ultimately, the decision is all yours.

Personally, I like the GlasKlart theme with the Mac Aurora background. I've also used Bluebird and Illuminous and really enjoyed those with custom backgrounds. Most of the themes I've used, I've always downloaded and used a custom wallpaper and sometimes a custom dock, to give it a little personal feel.

3. xpsm1730 thread starter macrumors regular

how do you install these? i've seen names on cydia but im not sure which are good or worth downloading?

4. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

The ones I make myself. :)

There are so many, look at them and decide on one that you like. Also, when you said Google Images, are you searching on your machine and trying to put on your iPhone? That's a whole different process than using Cydia and Winterboard to apply themes. :)

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Go to Cydia and look at Screenshots of each of the the themes that you think you might want to download/install. Doesn't take too much of your time to check each of the themes. Also, the full package themes make it much easier, than piecing together a number of different apps/themes...

6. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Usaf

:apple:I like USAF followed by the orginal theme but with a transparent dock and earth background!:apple:

7. rarity macrumors regular

rarity

To each his own. One day I like clean and simple and the next, I like colorful. Just click on some and look at the screenies.

8. AnonymousOne macrumors regular

How do I install themes, such as those off of Macthemes2?

9. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

lol

You need to looks round for guides. Basically you need to SSH the themes from sites like macthemes2 into "/Library/Themes" and then apply then in Winterboard.

If you dont understand this, try google or you tube for guides

10. AnonymousOne macrumors regular

Sorry. I'm usually pretty competent but I'm completely at sea with all this.

I've found a few guides since the previous post and will look to give it ago.

11. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Awesome. Post back with questions or problems and ill answer them :D

BRB Roast Dinner. Yum yum

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I honestly haven't found any themes that look better than Apple's. iGlassSol (v.1) is the one that comes the closest though.

13. musty345 macrumors regular

musty345

My favourite themes

My favourite themes are glasklart (with custom wallpaper) OR Smoog Theme.
    I made a video on my favourite themes (youtube),it's called My Top 9 Favourite Themes For The iPod Touch/ iPhone 2010 There's 9 nice themes on that. To find it just search musty1066 on youtube.

14. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

15. musty345 macrumors regular

musty345

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

youtube has tons of themes just search best, top, awesome etc and iphone themes you can look at video's all day showing them. which you like is up to you.

17. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

18. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

19. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

20. Claude626 macrumors 6502

QTF.

Do your own research and judge based off your own liking. It's not hard to find threads on different mac forums that have people showing off their themes, so research isn't hard...

21. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Right now it's Elite Pro HD, but last month it was Slanted Lock. You will probably try several over time so I suggest loading one from Cydia and start learning. I'm willing to bet that your first theme will not be your last.

22. Tjdyo macrumors newbie

Well Definitely Check out my new theme called UI Revamped:

[​IMG]

So in 2007 Apple releases the first iPhone. 4 years later, the UI is still relatively the same, full of gloss and poorly designed.

2011 Introduces UI REVAMPED. A Complete UI Replacement without gloss

Everything has been redone, from the Lockscreen Dialer, Phone.app, the iPod player, Popup Notifications, The system UI, the system Nav bars, video player (Includes Netflix, and youtube as well), So many things have been redone that it is impossible to name them all.

Comments/Reviews:

xvenom89 At Macthemes.net:
    Now THIS is a UI replacement theme! I've been hoping someone would dive-in and do something like this for months now and I'm thrilled to see you're doing it- and extremely well too! I can't wait for the finished project (or even a pre-release, for that matter )! I'm sick of seeing all those unattractive, ridiculous, cluttered themes that are always posted to modmyi forums and sold on Cydia.. I know I'm not the only guy out there that likes matte, sleek, elegant, clean themes! Thank you!

Squash09 At DeviantART:
    As all of your work, it's freaking amazing!

Now Available in Cydia for $1.99

23. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Noticed the I SEE STARS screenie, good choice bud. Saw them at Warped 2010.

24. ak14 macrumors newbie