Best iPhone Vehicle Mount

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by liberty4all, Mar 10, 2008.

1. liberty4all Guest

liberty4all

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

3. SRSound macrumors 6502

4. liberty4all thread starter Guest

liberty4all

5. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I do not believe it does video with the iPhone, but I could be wrong. I only have it hooked up to my car stereo for music, no monitor in my car.

6. liberty4all thread starter Guest

liberty4all

Interesting, they have an iPhone cradle that they claim does video out, it shows a composite (yellow) video cable -- is this what you have?:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IPHONE Mobile Cradle

internal part-ID: HA-CMIC-101

The main function of this Mobile iPhone Cradle is to power and charge your iPhone while you’re on the move, and hold it securely into its position. It does NOT include suction windshield mount. You need to select KUDA base for your car.

The Mobile iPhone Cradle uses injection molding manufacturing which ensures a perfect fit to the iPhone.

To increase protection of the iPhone in and outside the vehicle even more, a protective iPhone skin is included with the Carcomm iPhone cradle.

For charging and powering the iPhone the holder has an integrated charging system which can be used at 12 and 24 Volt.

The Carcomm iPhone hulder has a single cable output with a length of 1,5m and a 8 pin Mini-DIN connector. To this Mini-DIN connector you can connect different adaptor cables. Included with the cradle is an Audio/Video -out ( Cinch ) cable and a 12-24V cigarette-lighter plug.

To use and mount the cradle right away onto KUDA base a rotating swivel is included..

Key Features :

- Compatible with the Apple iPhone
    - Slim design
    - Perfect fit to the iPhone
    - Dashboard colour
    - Single cable output from the cradle
    - Build in charging system
    - Prepared for permanent installation
    - Ready to connect to the Car Radio
    - e4 approved
    - Registered model design, patented

Package contents :

- Carcomm iPhone cradle
    - CICA-03 Audio
    - Cable with fuse for a permanent power supply
    - Rotating swivel
    - Installation materials such as screws and cleaning cloth
    - Manual

$ 89.99

7. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

No, what I have is exactly what I linked in my initial post. I have the Dice cradle.

8. liberty4all thread starter Guest

liberty4all

Anyone else find any good solutions they like better?

Thanks!

9. adamfleck macrumors newbie

Best Iphone vehicle mount

Check out this simple case idea and vehicle mount. www.stickyfingerscases.com

Its a simple velcro concept that works really well and has no bulky profile:)

Basically, its the fuzzy side of velcro that acts as a protective case for the phone, then it comes with the male side to put in the car or on the computer so the phone just sticks where you want it...

It can also be used to mount the phone to the side of the computer for an easy sync and charging station....

only $9.95

Attached Files:

10. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

I dont know about others but there's no way I'm covering my iPhone in carpet.:confused:

11. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

I agree.. intersting but not for me either

12. lollicup macrumors regular

went to their website to verify this. at first I thought it was a hard case with velcro on the back

It's not

They expect you to put velcro on your iphone ( most velcro uses strong glue which leaves a residue)

13. macberry macrumors newbie

Griffin windowseat. Just picked up one of these for $10 on ebay and it looks and works great!

[​IMG]

14. kelpi macrumors regular

kelpi

+1 I concur! Picked one up at Marshall's! Works great.

15. Sandram macrumors newbie

best iphone vehicle mount

hi, I needed a mount for my iphone that i could use in 2 cars as I use a company car by day. I don't much like the sucker type mounts and found a mount called a Spiderpodium on the net. It's kinda weird looking, but since I got it, I totaly love it and use it ALL the time. It's so much more than just a mount! it's also really cheap! which helps!

i am not sure if you can get them in the stores, but I got mine from www.breffo.com

:)
    Sandra

16. sjdigital macrumors regular

The Brodit mount you have linked to is actually for the 2G iPhone and they don't seem to do the same one for the 3G/GS. However they do a similar one (ref 915255) which, with a bit of careful fettling, can be made to accept the USASpec cable. Here's a photo of the installation in my car and I'm absolutely delighted with it (and the USASpec!)

Attached Files:

17. drexfish macrumors newbie

check out www.breffo.com if you are looking for a vent mount

Hey there I bought a vent mount form Spiderpodium, I got the one in white one, but they do a black one now too. I love it I use it in my wifes car and mine and it takes about 1 minute to swap. I like it becuase I can hang it from a mirror or from a vent or even on the back seat for the kids. It has eight legs and looks like a Spider and you can bend each of the legs around pretty much anything to hang it where you like. It also work with the HTC phone my wife has. Very felxible. I wish they did it in more colors.

http://www.breffo.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Advil macrumors 6502a

i got a 22 dollar kensington with a vent mount from amazon that i absolutely love!

19. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

image url = http://www.breffo.com/images/galcr2.JPG

viral advertising fail

20. JM2 macrumors member

That mount scares me, its like the iPhone was "captured" and can't escape... HELP ;)

I got the ProClip in my car (and truck), some pics are posted here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=11278242&postcount=12
    Just warning ya, ProClips are expensive, mine was like $80 but for a perfect fit, built-in dock connector (w/pass thru cable) and custom mount for my particular vehicle model I feel its worth it especially for GPS apps.

21. darthscream macrumors newbie

22. zentrani, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012

zentrani macrumors newbie

Jebus, am I the only one that thinks all of these options look like ****? And they are made pretty specifically for those dimensions. And most of them are pretty damn expensive too.

[​IMG]

I got this for about 37.99 when they had a discount a week ago. Has yet to arrive but I can use it for future phones with a smaller dimension (anything smaller than a phablet). And its quite sturdy and functional too. The cops use it.

http://www.rammount.com/NewProducts/RAMxgripsuctioncupmountun7/tabid/4545/Default.aspx

Thank me later.

23. spring macrumors regular

24. golfgrouch macrumors member

There's already a large thread on this topic. Search first.

25. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Nope. No one is ever "the only one".

You get what you pay for. I wouldn't consider any suction mount. YMMV. Use what works for you.