Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Bought iMagnet Cradle-less Magnetic Mount from Amazon after reading Cnet's review. Pretty good so far. Of course, the bad part the sticky 3M magnet on the back of case. Came in really handy when I went to Mountain High. My car GPS stopped 10 miles before getting there. Luckily Google Maps worked out perfectly.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
Anyone has a solution for iPhone 5 powered mounts yet?
I really liked the dice one but they don't have an iPhone 5 version yet.

I am thinking of buying the just mobile version which has a very small foot print
And seems to be elegant

http://www.just-mobile.com/xtand-go-2.html?___store=international

Anybody has this? Care to give a review

I like this one!

I'm currently using the Griffin Window Mount - http://store.griffintechnology.com/window-mount

It gets the job done but the Super Cling Window Film doesn't work super good after I moved it over a 1/2".

Sheldonsmith

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Proclip for me and my wife. Unfortunately, they do not have anything that works with an iPhone5 and an Element Sector 5 case, but I use a modified iPhone 4 mount and it works...

-Sheldon

mikochu

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2011
I've got a ProClipUSA/Brodit mount for my VW. It's the mount for naked iPhone 5s with the lightning cable mounted at the bottom. It's fantastic. I love it.

araje

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2012
So, I went and bought the just mobile holder that mentioned above.
I highly recommend this. It has a very small form factor and is really firm in holding the phone. It has several options within the dashboard way of mounting.

Highly recommended.

My biggest problem is the landscape mode problem. I can get the maps app or the google navigation app to be in landscape mode but if I go to dialer it's funny to see and interact in fallen portrait mode. Even the settings shows in portrait even when the phone is landscape oriented. So much for IOS 6.

Anybody has solutions ? It's such a simple obvious thing, how could the Cupertino guys miss this ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.