Best iPod Touch Case?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by iSkier, Jul 21, 2008.

1. iSkier macrumors regular

What is the best case? I am thinking about getting the Incase Slider

2. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

What kind of case are you looking for? Hard, soft, sleeve? What features do you want? Reduced bulk, extreme protection, etc... Be more specific so we can help you out!

3. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

the ipod dosent really scratch on the front its the metal back that is the problem, since i lost my ipod socks i have just been putting it in my pocket and its fine on the front but the metal back is a bit trashed. so i would recomend just protectors

4. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

Well I don't want something too big and bulky, but I want my touch protected from scratches and stuff. I have heard the iPod Socks are good also

5. jaded-mandarin macrumors regular

6. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

7. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I use the Griffin iClear, and I think its great. It doesn't add much bulk at all, and it keeps your iPod good and protected, since I am prone to dropping my iPod.

That Slider looks nice, though!

Regardless of what you want, be sure to (a) Check Amazon, Apple, etc. for customer reviews (not the company websites) and (b) Try and find it locally so you can see the product in person before you buy, so you can get a real feel for bulk, etc.

8. Link2999 macrumors 6502

Griffin iClear (I think that's what it's called)

9. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

Yeah i used to use them untill i lost them worked fine, although the ipod touch dosent really fit in to it all the way down it has about 1mm poking out the top i would say

saying that i was using the very first ipod socks they released, not usre if they updated them

10. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I like the Noreve cases. I've got a Noreve for another device and it is of top quality.

11. maczod macrumors member

I use the iClear and really like it! Only thing is once you put the plastic case on, its on there forever.

12. longwood macrumors regular

i'm using the griffin reflect case (i think that's what it's called) and really like it. does what it's supposed to do - protect my iPod touch.

13. amusiccale macrumors 6502

I like the iClear--it's cheap, comes with a screen protector, and looks pretty good.

14. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

I still maintain that you don't need one really

15. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Well, that would depend. I say if you go naked, then at least get an invisible shield.

Hard cases don't absorbe shock really, so you might not really need those.

And silicone? ew.

16. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

I have said that you only really need to get the metal covered, the front dosen't really scratch at all, mine certainly hasn't and i have had it with out casing for a while now.

I agree, hard cases dont really take the shock they just stop the device getting dented.

Silicone is quite a good idea but it sticks to your pocket, and gets dirty quick and just feels like sh*t and sweaty

17. XxCH3AT3RxX macrumors regular

I just ordered the Incase Slider (white) and Power support Anti Glare film strips. I get them in a few days so I will let you know more then.

18. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

Anti-Glare strips :rolleyes:

The lengths people go to for something like this

19. ColinEC macrumors 6502

The Incase Slider.

Great case, I'm very happy with mine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. XxCH3AT3RxX macrumors regular

The fact that I am going to use mine in the car and outside a lot the anti glare part will be fantastic. The no smudge and finger prints is also a plus.

21. drfp25 macrumors member

22. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

The Griffin chrome is getting rave reviews from what I've read. I think Cnet.com ranked it up there. I plan on stopping at CC tonight to check it out.

Mike

P.S. Tried the griffin with the magnets, took it back and got the Griffin elan, but am looking for something else.

23. Viremia macrumors regular

You know, from now on I'm not gonna try to ask myself or anyone else any questions about anything. I'll simply either look up your posts on the subject or shoot your a PM because it is apparent that what's good for you is ALWAYS good for everyone else, no matter the circumstances. You truly do know everything. :rolleyes:

24. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

I have said one thing on this subject, im just suggesting like everyone else is. I have no idea where that came from but i can assure you what ever i do, may not be that good for everyone else. You truly are a ****.