Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Best looking Apple Notebook?

• Macbook

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • MacBook Pro

Votes: 135 75.8%
  • MacBook Air

Votes: 35 19.7%

• Total voters

Narse77

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I know I'm going to show my age but I always thought the Powerbook 520c/540c (Blackbirds) were really sharp.

I had one -520c- in college (yes, I'm that old) and people were always commenting on it.

I know its really, really outdated now but at the time it looked like the computer Captain Picard had in his "Ready Room".

Just my 2 bits worth,
-P

Those came out around 95 if I remember correctly. I was working in a Mom and Pop Computer shop at that time.

You are not that old at all, what mid 30s?

tim100

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2009
what is better looking mbp glossy with black boarder or mbp ag with silver boarder?

DannyNguyener

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
what is better looking mbp glossy with black boarder or mbp ag with silver boarder?

I think about that a lot too....it seems most people who don't have the black want the black and most people who have the black want the silver.

MacRuler

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2010
u guys are crazy for not thinking the macbook air is the nicest LOOKING laptop ever! sure its not the best laptop but it is the best LOOKING laptop, and if u guys cant admit that u guys are just haters.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
I think the 15" MacBook Pro is the best looking computer. However it MUST have the high res antiglare/matte screen, or else. So the 15" MacBook Pro (Unibody) with a matte/antiglare screen is the best looking Macintosh or even computer IMO.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
u guys are crazy for not thinking the macbook air is the nicest LOOKING laptop ever! sure its not the best laptop but it is the best LOOKING laptop, and if u guys cant admit that u guys are just haters.

It really doesn't look that much different from the MBP... I do agree that it looks pretty cool, but I don't like that the thumbscoop goes through the body, or the mouse button.

I agree with everyone who has said the Titanium G4, those were sick, as well as the blackbook. I wish they would bring that back with a black aluminum MB or MBP. Now that would be cool.

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
Calm down, MBP enthusiastic funs.
If this thread is posted in the MB or MBA section, a majority will vote for MB or MBA instead of MBP!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

True. It's akin to asking people on MacRumors.com if they prefer Mac OS or Windows, or conversely, asking the same quesiton on a Microsoft forum. Same question, different majority vote results.

DannyNguyener

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
It really doesn't look that much different from the MBP... I do agree that it looks pretty cool, but I don't like that the thumbscoop goes through the body, or the mouse button.

I agree with everyone who has said the Titanium G4, those were sick, as well as the blackbook. I wish they would bring that back with a black aluminum MB or MBP. Now that would be cool.

The thumb scoop?

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Too bad the poll doesn't offer an "OTHER" option because like some others here I agree that the Titanium Powerbook was the best looking machine ever from Apple, however the Unibody Antiglare Macbook Pros are the best built. ;)

Heilage

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2009
I like the unibodys, they look great and I love using them, but there is something inherently beautiful about the old MacBook Pros. I think they look better from a purely visual standpoint.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
I really loved the blackbook but the best looking portable Mac is the MacBook Air. Just can't get any better than that.

Like others, I prefer the style of the older MBP's/PB's over the current unibody.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
I'd vote for the 12" PowerBook as well. Just a great looking machine. I kick myself for selling mine. But...that thing kept great resell value. Sold it last year for $650!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.