Best mac for WoW?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by dkbuilds, Mar 30, 2009.

1. dkbuilds macrumors newbie

I'm looking to play WoW again and also thinking of buying a macbook. Should I play wow on a macbook or consider another type of mac?

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Depending on when and if Onlive works, you might get a beta for WoW that'll work on most Macs. Macbook should do most - especially the graphics for the new ones.

3. spikesnet macrumors newbie

I have a white macbook that I bought in Feb. I upgraded it to 4gb of memory from crucial.com and I use it to play wow. I don't experience any issues like lag or slow downs.

You will need to use an external mouse.

4. MacAlpha macrumors regular

If you are considering a desktop, my son plays on one of the new 20" iMac (the base model) and he has no issues at all with all setting on max except shadows. I have a unibody MBP with an external monitor and it works great on my computer, but that may be a little more than you want to spend.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It's v-e-r-y hard to stay away. hehe :D

6. lasuther macrumors 6502a

I recommend using an iMac. The screen size in really nice and you get a more power for your money.

A 24" iMac with a 512MB graphics card would be the best.
    The 20" iMac would be good if you need something more portable. I bought an iLugger case for my 20" and carry it around all the time.

I'd go with a 24" iMac. I have a 13" MacBook and it plays WoW just fine. Just max out your ram.

7. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

really any macbook w/ at least x3100 is fine, I want to say even GMA950 could run it but eh go atleast x3100. Now ask yourself if you want notebook or desktop.

8. TSE macrumors 68030

I wouldn't recommend an x3100 macbook for world of warcraft if you expecting to raid with good graphics.

I would recommend atleast a 9400 Mac with 2 GBs of RAM.

9. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

yeah if you're looking for any recently released macs you'll be able to get at least the 9400m graphics, but if you're looking for used Mac, x3100 will be fine still.