Best MacRumors Avatar Competition - Nomination

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
This is just for fun (and pride).

Which MR member has the best avatar(s)?

We have members that have had the same avatar for years, becoming a classic and common sight on MR and then we have users that constantly change their avatars at every chance they get, showing off their creativity in the process.

Post your nominations here! I'll make a poll once we get a decent number of nominations.

You can nominate yourself and nominate as many worthy nominees as you see fit (just don't go overboard!)

Nomination period will be open for ~24 hours (due to the high volume of nominations)

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
iJohnHenry had one a while ago, that was downright wicked sick cool but he changed it.

:( John, you know the one. May it rest in peace.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I should add that MR First Couple (e and blue) have (or, had) themed avatars that would change in unison and somehow be related and witty. I liked that. It was sweet, and subtle.

Also, I'd throw in NC MacGuy. I like avatars that change but stick to a consistent theme.

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The most memorable ones to me are those of leekohler, dmr727, and rdowns. There are many others, but those have become iconic.
I think everybody can recognise rdowns by his avatar! - even when he changed it :p

Abstract's avatar also jumps to the front of my mind. The orange flight suit stands out so much it catches my eye every time.

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003
I don't really pay attention to avatars...so I have no idea which is best...

Hickman

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
yellow — I hadn't seen it in awhile, then I saw it yesterday and remembered how mesmerizing it is.

EDIT: themoonisdown09 is another great one I hadn't seen in awhile. And now I see Peace below which I like too.

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
I'll go with rdowns and Doctor Q.

[edit] oops. I forgot one---r.j.s!!
[/edit]

I think there used to be an avatar competition. iBlue ran it I think. Could be wrong though.

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
I'm going to be a complete narcissist and nominate myself. Nothing like a friendly reminder to eat delicious and soggy fried chicken, dried out frozen corn, half-frozen mashed potatoes and a gooey yet burnt chocolate(?) brownie.

I also nominate MacDawg. Go Dawgs!

Antares

macrumors 68000
rdowns by far. Legendary.

Runners up:
Abstract I love it!
leekohler (whenever I see a lucha libre mask, now, I subconsciously think of MacRumors)
iBlue (changes frequently but almost always has a cool and clever avatar)
Blue Velvet Very appealing...it just works in many ways
Dr Q (gotta love the creative use of Q's in his various avatars)

Wasn't there a MacRumors "best avatar" contest a few years ago?

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
Ill have to say rdowns too, just because i always see people asking if that's him in the pic. lol