Best MBP screen

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by raiinzen, Aug 31, 2011.

1. raiinzen macrumors newbie

I am looking at 15'' MBPs right now.
    I am trying to decide if choosing the hi-res Glossy or the hi-res Anti-Glare would be helpful for someone with some visual impairment?

I'm not blind, not by a long shot; however, I get eye strain after only a short time of reading something online. I am curious if anyone knows whether one of these high-res options would help reduce eye strain enough to make the extra cost worth it?

Does anyone know of any videos that might show the different options and their benefits / drawbacks?

Thanks.

2. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

To me, anything glossy hurts my eyes - always having to constantly look beyond the reflection. +1 for AG.

3. oiuh151 macrumors 6502

Tough call... the high-res will make the text (and everything else on the screen) appear smaller but I think you'd be better off with the anti-glare if you get eye strain. I suggest looking at the models in the Apple Store and decide what suits you best.

4. treestar macrumors 6502

The high resolution screens are not good for eye strain. I would stay with the standard glossy screen and decrease the brightness to a comfortable level. The high resolution screens are not better for everybody!

5. Molson1020 macrumors regular

I had a 2007 MBP Matte Screen that I used for 4 1/2 years. I just recently switched to the 17" 2011 MBP with Glossy Screen and I must say I like it MUCH better than the Matte.

Colors definitely seem to pop more on the Glossy, and considering I only use my MBP inside (both at home & work) glare is never a problem. I am a graphic designer and haven't had any problems with color issues either.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

That's a hard one. I'd consider looking at antiglare screen protectors for the MacBook Pro.