Real Genius
Election

Most overrated...Animal House.

anyone else?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
For serious ones, my personal favorite is Madadayo by Kurosawa. The concept is very formulaic, but I think that's the best telling of that story I've seen.

For worst...there are so many bad ones. :eek:

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
American Pie was pretty good, the sequels weren't as good but they were alright. Eurotrip was awesome, as was Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Animal House.

Not Another Teen Movie was somewhat funny, but only if you had seen all the other teen movies. I think it sucked. She's All That was pretty bad too.

Other teen movies that were ok: Whatever It Takes, Can't Hardly Wait.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
beatsme said:
Most overrated...Animal House.
When I saw this thread topic, my first thought was "Animal House = overrated."

I hadn't seen this movie since I was in college, when it was really popular. Caught it on HBO a couple of weeks ago. I swear, I didn't remember this movie being so dull and unfunny.

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
IJ Reilly said:
When I saw this thread topic, my first thought was "Animal House = overrated."

I hadn't seen this movie since I was in college, when it was really popular. Caught it on HBO a couple of weeks ago. I swear, I didn't remember this movie being so dull and unfunny.
same here...it has its moments, but for the most part...yawn

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
FistfulofAngst said:
The Breakfast Club - Hate it! :mad:
You. Saturday detention. First for thinking that thought, then for writing it.

OnceUGoMac said:
Heathers.
Are you crazy? This is one of the best movies ever. Psuedo-smart and psuedo-dark without any syrup. The 90's and ots ruined a great 80s franchise of teen movies -- don't blame Heathers for Lindsay Lohan!

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
erickkoch said:
Porky's.

Oh God, I'm old.
surprised there's been no kudos for "Risky Business" so far...the only Tom Cruise movie you can say is really good without feeling like a tool

well, that and "The Color Of Money"
'course that one's not a college/HS flick, per se

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
Animal House was like the first ridiculous college movie, without it there is no porky's or american pie or anything else ridiculous. I'm not from the era and I don't love it as much as my dad does BUT I still laugh quite a bit and enjoy it.

Its like if I hate the 80's (which I do) and then say I hate fast times ... well thats not fair fast times is great, not to my personal liking but you know I respect it.

Old School thought is on my best list ...

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
beatsme said:
surprised there's been no kudos for "Risky Business" so far...the only Tom Cruise movie you can say is really good without feeling like a tool
Personally, I don't think I can say that any Tom Cruise movie is really good without feeling like a tool. :D

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
I think you guys have forgotten the stupidest one of them all..

High School Musical

God I hate that movie.