Best Movie of 2012 Till Now.

jasongunman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Adak
Hi. Guy's I'm jason gunman. A fresh user to this site. I'm looking forward for some threads on the movies. But can't even find it. So Here i'm starting this new thread for the best movie in your point of view till this year.

blazerdude20

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2008
Hi. Guy's I'm jason gunman. A fresh user to this site. I'm looking forward for some threads on the movies. But can't even find it. So Here i'm starting this new thread for the best movie in your point of view till this year.
Depends on your criteria.

For me I got the most laughs out of TED. I don't know that I would purchase the movie but it was good the first time through.

GrandPhrase

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises - in my opinion, at least

I love dark movies and also those that have some sort of morals or profound ideas (like inception) lol

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
The Dark Knight Rises - in my opinion, at least

I love dark movies and also those that have some sort of morals or profound ideas (like inception) lol
I loved it as well, but knew there would probably be some haters out there. I thought they did a wonderful job of closing out the series.

GrandPhrase

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
Yup, perfect conclusion. I'm actually a huge fan of director Christopher Nolan. Have you checked out his other films?

- The Memento, The Prestige are also my favorites from him

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Absolutely loved some films this year, probably my fave year yet.

Chronicle
Avengers Assemble
Dark Knight Rises
Prometheus
(was Tinker Tailor out this year too? 'cuz that'd be another one)

May 8, 2008
1. Moonrise Kingdom
2. Looper
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Friends With Kids
5. The Words

cuestakid

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2006
San Fran
I loved it as well, but knew there would probably be some haters out there. I thought they did a wonderful job of closing out the series.
I thought it was one of the best movies I have seen in over a year-not to say I havent seen some good films, but the whole package of this film (acting, writing, cinematography) was the best I have seen.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
1. Moonrise Kingdom
2. Looper
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Friends With Kids
5. The Words
I got really bored with Friends with Kids. I hated the lead actresses voice and facial features and it distracted me the entire movie. The ending left a bit to be desired as well. It's as if the writers weren't sure how to end it so they just decided to stop filming any more scenes.

May 8, 2008
I got really bored with Friends with Kids. I hated the lead actresses voice and facial features and it distracted me the entire movie. The ending left a bit to be desired as well. It's as if the writers weren't sure how to end it so they just decided to stop filming any more scenes.
Eh, I appreciated the fresh take on the tired and cliche subject of friends-with-benefits/ **** buddies/ etc...

May 8, 2008
HI guys ... Really nice talking about best movie of 2012 and also really nice comments, guys i also want to say something about best movie of 2012, according to my personal view, many best movie released in 2012 but i think the avenger's and the batman and the dark knight is both best movies of 2012;)
Having a personality crisis, are we? ;)

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
Well. Hmm... I didn't really like Batman's new adventure in a helicopter. The amazing spiderman was pretty good. Saw looper as well, its alright. I liked moonrise kingdom a lot. Its like a newer funnier notebook to watch with a girl. Reminded me of super 8 but with romance instead of monster movie making. I saw the new bourne movie which I thought had cool action but terrible plot. Dread was pretty good. Better than batman in my opinion. Maybe even better than spider man. But as for the best.... man I don't know. Ted was funny, but not that funny.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/?year=2012

So many movies I couldn't even choose.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
Absolutely loved some films this year, probably my fave year yet.

Chronicle
Avengers Assemble
Dark Knight Rises
Prometheus
(was Tinker Tailor out this year too? 'cuz that'd be another one)

I'm a big Oldman fan and really tried to like Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy but the thick plot was hard to follow especially with the thick accents. Perhaps I'm too used to being spoon fed.

Avengers probably tops my list. RDJ really owns the Tony Stark role!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.