Best pair of jeans.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by howard, Jul 9, 2007.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

I'm looking for a decent, well priced pair of slim, dark colored jeans. Its kind of impossible though. I figured I could get some ideas here though. So what are your favorite jeans, where did you get them and whats the $/color/fit etc..?

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

my favorite pair of jeans were a relaxed fit blue jeans from old navy, I wore them so much I had to throw them away from all the crud I got on them. That was little under a year ago so I don't remember prices or anything, but they were a real dark shade of blue.

ohh edit: while not blue jeans, A friend of mine has some corduroy jeans, medium yellowish tan, which I love a lot, old navy too I think. You said well priced, so I don't know these might be to low.

3. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

Levi 517s. But then I have a big arse and thighs (blame the hockey/cakes).

4. KristieMac macrumors 6502a

KristieMac

mmmmm hockey

And as for jeans, I can't be bothered with spending alot. I typically buy at Old Navy. They have low-rise boot cut jeans that fit really well.

Never looked too hard at their men's jeans, but I prefer a relaxed fit, lighter/medium finish for guys, personally.

5. shecky Guest

shecky

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I love GAP "long and lean" bootcut jeans. cheap and cute. I like them.

however previously...

I had a pair of "7" jeans which I loved but I'll never fit in the overpriced ***ers again. :mad:

I also have an old pair of low rise boot cut abercrombie kids jeans from those "omg, I'm such a freakin anorexic slut I can shop at kids stores" days. I loved those too.

I'm a woman. We all hold onto our "skinny jeans" in the vain hopes that one day we'll fit back into them again. Watch me hold my breath on that too.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

them and the GAP Loose Straight Fit. both are wonderful.

8. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

My favourite pair of jeans I've ever owned are my Energie pair that (in my humble opinion) make my arse look good!

And that's what it's all about.

:D

I bought them from www.ASOS.com

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Bought a pair of jeans from Esprit in Hong Kong. Goddayam they're cool. Great attention to detail. I had never bought anything from Esprit, let alone a pair of jeans. It was actually a bit weird for me to even go into that store. :eek: My jeans cost me $50 USD. :)

Anyway, I just went back to Esprit for another pair of jeans. The new pair is great. Great fit, just like my 1st pair. However, while the new ones are great, they'll never be as nice and well put together as my 1st pair from HK. :) I bought those for only around $25 USD because the price was heavily reduced!!

I guess they're both loose cut or something. I wouldn't wear tight.

As for other brands: almost all jeans look the same to me. Some of the very expensive $150-200 jeans look a tiny bit unique, but the majority look around the same, or worse, than my Esprit jeans for $50.

10. Edandlindz28 macrumors regular

I wear Lucky jeans, not bad price, good quality. I don't pick them, the wifey does that. But I am all about loose fit. Can't stand anything tight on me.

11. shecky Guest

shecky

thats funny, i wore the loose straights for a while and then i found that the regular straights fit me (a big guy) better for some reason - maybe the slimmer profile is more flattering or something.

regardless, gap jeans are the bombshizzle because they are high quality, last for a long time, are often on sale for about $30/pair or so; and doing returns/exchanges at the Gap is super easy.

12. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What kind of body do you have? That would probably help. :p I think I usually buy girl jeans when I want a slim fit, anyway, for what its worth. The pair I wear most recently is Guess, but I am fond of Seven. :p

13. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I like American Eagle jeans for something of a midrange price, these seem to be what you're looking for: Low Rise Slim Boot - $50

link.

14. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

I wear Lucky as well but I think saying "not bad price" is misleading-- I find them to be crazy expensive.
    Buuuuut they're super comfortable and accentuate just the right areas, so I'm sold. ;)

15. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

+1, great jeans I actually used ones until they "died" after using them a lot.

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I didn't know anything about them, but after checking out their website, they seem quite average, but they sure do charge a premium for average.

And are they trying to sell jeans that "look" wrinkled? I don't need to buy personality. Already have my own, and I can easily wrinkle my own jeans, thanks. :)

I may resort to actually taking a photo of my jeans. That way, you'd understand why I was so ecstatic about their true awesomeness.

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've got a few pairs of Levi 501's. They're the only jeans I feel comfortable in.

18. Millwood macrumors regular

19. rjgonzales macrumors regular

20. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

H&M SLIQ jeans are my favorite, followed by their BRAGG jeans. They are extra low cut, which I think is very sexy, they are tight along the whole leg, etc. They aren't too tight though - they aren't emo boy jeans. I believe they were 29.99 on sale when I got them, but they're usually 39.99.

Here's a picture of another favorite pair of jeans of mine, also H&M but I don't remember the style name. Disclaimer: This photo is silly! Completely silly! I really don't take myself this seriously.

Attached Files:

• mail.jpg
      mail.jpg
      File size:
      15.4 KB
      Views:
  21. aaronbrethorst macrumors member

Seven for all Mankind and Diesel (especially the Zathans). They're expensive, but absolutely worth it.

22. Policar macrumors 6502a

Get a pair of 7s...

I've been wearing gap and whatnot for years and I got my first pair of 7 jeans this spring. I basically haven't taken them off since. (Except to wash.) They look great and are very very comfortable... I got mine for only $99 at Filene's Basement, which really isn't bad at all. Definitely worth it.

23. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

Can't throw a paper airplane anywhere in this city without hitting some chick wearing a pair of 7s.

I got some black jeans at **** a few years ago that I liked a lot, though I haven't seen anything good there lately. My current faves are the Earnest Sewn Hutch, which I have to replace soon due to them being a couple of years old, their getting faded too much for my liking, and I'm tired of the boot cut. I think I'll get the straight leg Fulton in black next time.

For a slightly cheaper pair, I like Club Monaco's jeans a lot. Dark, basic, and pretty minimalist in design. I used to wear Levi's for years and years, but got tired of them after a while.

I think my next pair of jeans is going to be the A.P.C. New Standard.

As much as I love a good pair of jeans, I'm trying hard to wear regular pants more often because everyone else in ultra-casual Northern California is also wearing blue jeans 24/7, or so it seems.

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

W. T. F.???