Best Place to Buy Macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slice4life, Feb 17, 2011.

1. slice4life macrumors member

I'm just wondering where is the best place to buy it?I tried mac mall last year but they delayed my ship date every week and after one month I canceled my order and I placed my order at the apple store and I got it real quick.

2. vizfxman macrumors regular

The Apple store has always given me the best buying experience.

The prices difference at various stores always seem to be negligible. Plus the Apple Store has the additional discounts for students and corporate accounts (other stores may offer the same, though I'm not aware of it).

3. mmduluth macrumors regular

I got mine from Best Buy and got the student discount a few weeks ago. It's was a pretty simple process, plus 18 months no interest on your Best Buy card. :)

4. hoxley macrumors regular

About three weeks in the future.

Fire up the flux capacitor.

5. xdbuix macrumors 6502

best place? Amazon. Free shipping, 2 day if u have prime and its usually $100 off and best of all, no tax.

6. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I got mine at the Apple Store and was very happy with the experience as well.

7. Ryy macrumors member

I purchased mine a couple months back at Microcenter, and received the instant 200.00 rebate. I love that place.

8. miata macrumors 6502

9. Individual macrumors member

Apple Store if you want a slew of idiots clapping for you and cheering like mindless robots while you walk out of the store with your purchase.

10. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Was going to recommend this also. Plus it puts a huge chunk toward your reward zone toward silver member. I got 45day return policy no restocking fee which helped a year ago. And if you're spending say $1000-1500 that's like $20-30 bucks back.. and my BB let me match the student discount.. Don't see why not BB =D

11. daher1012 macrumors newbie

Do all Best Buys give the student discount? and is it easy for students who work to get the financing?

12. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

apple.com
    or
    apple retail store

plus student discount

13. mmduluth macrumors regular

Mine gave me the student discount and I wasn't even thinking about it. The guy just offered and and like the guy above I did end up getting like $30 back. The total cost of mine ended up being about 1600 and I didn't have a problem getting financing. I'm a student with a job and I've had a couple credit cards since I turned 18 and now I'm 20 so I guess having SOME credit helped but I guess you never really know till you try.

14. profoshow macrumors member

I do... I do want that!!!! Haha

15. hoxley macrumors regular

does this actually happen?

16. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I've always enjoyed purchasing from the apple store. No, there is no fanfare and clapping, but if show excitement about purchasing, your assistant will be just as excited as you are. They've always been helpful. I've always known exactly what I wanted so there was really no discussion about which computer to get. But the fact that will help you get it set up in the store is pretty nice (never needed the help, but nice to know it's there). The atmosphere is what it's all about. Best is a great electronic store, but they don't care what type of computer you buy and it always seems impersonal to me.

Every time I've purchased anything from the apple store from my iPhones, iPad, MacBook Pro, to software, I've always had a great experience with customer service.

17. shaverzbt macrumors newbie

I got the deal of the Century...

Craigslist. The seller received a MBP13 as a gift for graduation from college and was selling it because he already owned a MBP15. I figured what the heck...check out Craigslist and see what's there. Well, it is rare to find an honest person let alone on one on Craigslist.

The deal? Brand new, in the box, unopened...$900.00! That's a $403 savings if you include the retail $1,199 plus 8.75% sales tax (totaling $1,303.00) here in San Diego.

18. mmduluth macrumors regular

You got Criagslist lucky! Sometimes if you look on there, people have stuff so marked up it's insane! Wish I could find deals like that. lol!

19. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

I wish I`d known this before, it`s the only time I`m ever likely to have a crowd applauding me :)

20. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

Anyone know of any online shops that offer education discounts? Here in Texas sales tax is so high you might as well not even bother. Any discount you get ends up going right to the state.

21. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Best place to buy macbook pro is apple store or apple.com, but that is not the cheapest place you can buy. It comes down to personal preference.

22. pettit423 macrumors newbie

mmduluth do mind saying what state you live in? I would want to buy my new MBP at best buy for the rewards plan but Apple $200 discount is too good to pass up.

23. danetello macrumors 6502

I got mine brand new from Ebay. Comes with a receipt and the 1 year warranty. It only cost £825 when the RRP is £1020, so I managed to save just under £200! :D No problems with it so far. It's sealed with all the original accessories, booklets etc.

24. elhungarian macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm getting mine from http://amzn.to/hbxHSQ
    Free ship no tax

25. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector