Best polish to keep my screen smooth as butter

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I don't have a screen protector on my IPad but do have a MIME glass protector on my iPhone 6+. I've been on the hunt for the best wax that reduces fingerprints and makes them easy to wipe away. I've tried a bunch of things from Invisible Glass to Turtle Wax Ice to RainEx to Granite Gold polish.

Invisible Glass - great for cleaning but no polish effect
Turtle Wax Ice - nice buttery feel but collects dust and lint
RainEx - not bad but not as smooth as the others
Granite Gold Polish - tops for the best buttery smooth feel and easy to wipe away prints. You don't need much - just a couple of drops and buff it shiny.

I can't say if any of these remove the oleophobic coating already on the screen so use at your own risk.

Just figured I'd share with anyone that wants a wicked smooth screen.

Anyone else have their own suggestions for the best screen wax?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Just the screen gets waxed - keeps it cleaner longer. Ferrari - of course it's not one, although I wouldn't mind waxing one of them in my garage#

Comment

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I don't have a screen protector on my IPad but do have a MIME glass protector on my iPhone 6+. I've been on the hunt for the best wax that reduces fingerprints and makes them easy to wipe away. I've tried a bunch of things from Invisible Glass to Turtle Wax Ice to RainEx to Granite Gold polish.

Invisible Glass - great for cleaning but no polish effect

Turtle Wax Ice - nice buttery feel but collects dust and lint

RainEx - not bad but not as smooth as the others

Granite Gold Polish - tops for the best buttery smooth feel and easy to wipe away prints. You don't need much - just a couple of drops and buff it shiny.

I can't say if any of these remove the oleophobic coating already on the screen so use at your own risk.

Just figured I'd share with anyone that wants a wicked smooth screen.

Anyone else have their own suggestions for the best screen wax?

Tech Armor Complete Cleaning Kit with ExtraMove formula and 20 Cleansing Wipes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E19H9U0/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_N-KJub0KNNEPX
Not wax but works for me!

Comment

noupf

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2008
wtf !!

Is this thread for real? Who the **** polishes a screen on a phone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
I use iKlear on most of my electronics, great stuff.

Also, most modern waxes have solvents in them, best be careful what you put on your phone, minieral spirits in some car waxes can cause damage.

Comment

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Are you looking for wax or polish? They're completely different products for different purposes.

Comment

Mechinyun

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Ignore the haters.

This idea has crossed my mind before. I would like to know more about things you guys have tried and pros/cons etc.

Comment

waynerbbx

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2014
Is it possible that we are being fooled by the system? People making products that we don't need, just to make a buck? I think that if a product seems silly, that is probably is silly.

Comment

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
If you have a plastic screen protector, Plexus is great stuff. I use it on tinted windows in my car as well as on my iPad.

Comment

ihonda

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2009
I had never heard of whoosh at that point but I bought it and read some reviews on it before putting it on my phone and it lives up to the hype. For $10 not a bad deal.
when did you buy it and what store?

Comment

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I had never heard of whoosh at that point but I bought it and read some reviews on it before putting it on my phone and it lives up to the hype. For $10 not a bad deal.
I ordered mine on Amazon and am impatiently waiting on delivery. I tried my local WalMart but no Whoosh #

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.