Best printer to buy for Macbookpro OS X

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by djbigemike, Jul 7, 2010.

1. djbigemike macrumors newbie

Before getting my macbook in feb of 2010 I used a Dell desktop. I use the mac to DJ along with the Serato Scratch Live. Any way I run my own home based DJ service and need to buy a printer to use for my business. The printer from my desktop does not work becasue the ink dried up from not using it in months. I figured got a new laptop might as well get a new printer. The type of printer i'm looking for should be able to print, scan document, pictures, stuff like that and if possible be bluetooth able. The max I would like to pay is $200.00 however, if it's worth it I can go higher.

2. donuttakedonuts macrumors regular

all i can say is don't even touch an epson printer because their mac software is terrible.

3. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

Really? A lot of professional photographers use Macs and swear by Epson.

4. Kenndac macrumors 6502

Kenndac

I have an Epson PX700W (now discontinued but replaced with a similar machine) and it's great! Printer, scanner, copier, WiFi, etc.

5. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Epson has good inkjet models, specifically the Stylus 1400.

HP software is cumbersome and slow on OS X, but I like their printers so far as quality goes.

The Canon Pixma iP4700 is consistently rated with high marks.

6. joaoferro99 macrumors member

I like epson printer, the 1400 is the great printer.

7. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

As far as I can see, the UI is the same as in Windows, with a brushed aluminum background. The Driver is good-ol Gutenprint, worked for me fine on Linux, and works fine for me on Mac OS X, too.

8. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

I got turned off by Cannon and Epson printers, if the print head gets clogged it will cost you ~ as much as the printer to replace with a new model... they both change ink cart shape frequently between models so you are stuck with old ink that won't fit a new model... I have three dead Cannon printers/AIO's at my house to prove it:mad:

I like Brother Laser units as many of them have separate drum and toner cart's making the print cost very cheap.

For the color I print I use an HP model that uses the H02 in cart's = they have had that style of in cart for over 8 years now and sell many models of printer for those cart's...

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I bought the $99 HP one at the Apple Store yesterday. Let's see how it works. I'll open it up when I get find a network switch. To be honest, the only reason I got that one was because it doesn't use 4 ink cartridges. I just wanted something to do very basic printing wirelessly. I didn't need anything fancy. I have another printer hooked to my PC for better printing.