Best screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Justinm59, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Justinm59 macrumors regular

I want some opinions on all the options. I personally am looking for one that won't hold finger prints and is still nice and clear. I saw clear coat screens they look nice but I have not heard of anybody using them.

2. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

I love everything by Spigen. I use the SGP Ultra Oleophobic and it's great! Crystal clear and it doesn't hold finger prints at all. They ship really fast, too.

3. Jashmid macrumors regular

Ditto. Steinheil/Spigen SGP is hands down the best in the market. The 2/yo screen protector on my iPhone 4 is still as good as new. Not a single scratch or bubble. I can't recommend them enough.

They're also doing a glass version more than twice as strong as the film. And it seems to be getting a lot of good reviews on Amazon. I haven't tried it, so I can't comment on it.

4. misterjay macrumors regular

I really want the SGP but i'm afraid i'll literally botch it if i attempt to do it even with a video.

5. Jashmid macrumors regular

Heh, yeah. Took me about 6~7 attempts to get it perfectly aligned. This might help: http://youtu.be/3f0EU2ICRzI

6. Justinm59 thread starter macrumors regular

I hear sgp can get scratched and shows little scratches. Any validity to that? I put the protector that came with my otter box and its already covered in micro scratches after one day. I can only seem them with screen off and in light but still.

7. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

I'm not sure about the GLAS.T because I heard that is actually a little complicated, but I found the Ultra Oleophobic incredibly easy to apply. I use the technique where you peel the back half way down and fold it over, that way you have a better hold on it while you line it up, then I just match it up with the camera and the ear piece and just peel the rest off and let it go. I got mine on perfect first try, and I've always considered myself terrible at putting them on!

----------

I have a very fine hairline scratch on my iPhone 4's after a year of use, and just after reading this I checked out my iPhone 5 and there is a hairline scratch there as well, but I didn't even see it until I inspected it closely haha. Isn't noticeable except for when I reflect a lot of light on it. I'm pretty sure that appeared when I put my phone into my backpack and the screen touched the back of a pin.

It just depends how much something that tiny can bother you. To be honest, these screen protectors are sold at an incredible price for their quality, so if I get a few more scratches I'll just swap it out for the other one that was in the box.

8. vaugha macrumors 6502

+1 for sgp. My experience w/ their products has been so far impeccable. Bought body shields for 4s, ip2, rmbp, and now 5. My 4s, ip2 w/ the ultra crystals on are still going strong even after a year. I've heard not-so-friendly things about their cs, but since I never had to deal w/ their cs department I cannot speak for it.

9. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Power Support are the best, hands down. Unfortunately they're still "coming soon."

10. jimithing1 macrumors regular

Called Power Support and they said they will have them between mid and late October.