Best Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chronicbucks, Jul 14, 2010.

1. chronicbucks macrumors newbie

Hey guys -

new to the forums, just for my iphone 4 last week.

I know I want to get some kind of screen protector for the phone, power support, zagg, ghost armor or something of the sort.

I can see myself being very picky and not wanting something that i am going to "feel". I have heard that the zagg can be kind of rubbery

which is the best for me??

also anyone know of any kind of "loud" cases with some funky designs?

2. dark5 macrumors member

Long story short:

SGP currently makes the best screen protectors. The ones you wont "feel" are the Ultra Oleophobic and Ultra Crystal. There are recent threads comparing the two. The only issue is that these screen protectors cover the front camera.

Power Support also makes very good screen protectors but they are currently only available for preorder and will probably ship at the end of the month. We're not sure whether these will cover the front camera but they probably won't.

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Agreed, if all you want is scratch protection without the "rubbery" feel, SGP and Power Support are probably the favorites around here.

4. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Is there something else that screen protectors offer besides scratch protection? Or did you mean to say 'If you want scratch protection w/o the rubbery feel'?

5. chronicbucks thread starter macrumors newbie

^^

what else could it be protected from??

also is there anywhere that installs SGP?? I am not much with my hands....

6. thehopscotch macrumors regular

thehopscotch

Wrapsol Ultra is one of the more rubbery types and it is supposed to help provide drop protection, as well. It is "self healing" also, so any scratches the protective skin gets generally go away after a few hours.

I haven't tried the others mentioned, but it sounds like they offer more clarity, more fingerprint resistance, but little/no drop protection.

7. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

I'm seriously considering the SGP Ultra Crystals...they look like an incredibly well done product. They offer the same protection as ZAGG or BSE correct? What with the key test and the bag of nails etc, it will protect the screen from scratches as well as those?

8. hipvamore macrumors regular

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Power support has really good screen protectors for the iPhone 3G and 3GS. I used the anti-glare film, boy was that thing good. Not a scratach on it even after tons of abuse.

10. ChrnoXIII macrumors newbie

zagg invisible shields are good - if you are looking for protection, zagg is definitely one of the best in my experience. clarity is acceptable.

if you dont enjoy the rubbery feel (although it shudnt bother you too much) maybe just have it on the back?

11. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

What's a good protector for the back that doesn't mess up the flash? Are wrapsols fixed and worth it for just the back?

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ IS is the way to go, since ifrogz screen protectors don't fit their own cases!!! (ifrogz has given me full credit (can be used on the website store) for two cases and a 3-pack of screen protectors, and allowed me to keep the two ifrogz cases). I've tried all three ifrogz screen protectors on my & my wife's iPhone 4 and they just bubbled up at both ends and on each side while attempting to apply their cases. Got full-body IS once again; I've always liked the added protection and just got use to the feel of IS on the screen back in 2007...:cool: