Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eastend

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2004
Nara, Japan
My Applications folder is currently just in my Boot Drive's folder and not my Home folder - if I were going to do what you guys are doing, I'm guessing I'd want to move it back to the Home folder. So if I'm calculating how much space I need on my SSD, which folders in my Home folder should I count as needing to go to the SSD and which can simply be put on another drive?

Thanks all!

Read this link, also explains how to do it. You'll save lot's of space. You can also move some folders with alias or just move your music to another disk and reset it in iTunes preferences. The below URL will show you how to move your entire home folder.

http://chris.pirillo.com/how-to-move...-os-x-and-why/

Cmd-the-World

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Hi

I bought a Corsair Force F120 and I thought that the included bracket was enough to secure it to the drive bay (waiting for Mac Pro to arrive), but after reading this thread I realised I was mistaken.

I am planing to install Windows 7 on the SSD. My question is am I able to attach the SSD with it's adapter in the optical bay and boot from it. After the installation would I be able to remove the optical drive (as I need space for a small power supply) and use the optical drive in an external enclosure when the need arises? Example for reinstallations or maintenance? (by the looks of things Lion is going to be download only)

Thanks in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.