Best stand for reading in bed?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by AlexandriaS, Aug 22, 2012.

1. AlexandriaS macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I'm new to the site. I bought my first Apple product, a new iPad (3), a few months ago and I can't imagine life without it! My one issue is that I have developed iPad muscles from holding the iPad while reading in bed. I've read some threads but the suggestions don't seem like they would work very well for reading while lying down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Alex

2. Brawnydt Suspended

Brawnydt

3. batman75 macrumors 6502

4. DashSatan macrumors 6502

5. AlexandriaS thread starter macrumors newbie

Roo Case Multi Angle is working great!

After doing a bunch of research (I found the most helpful were video reviews, some on you tube, some elsewhere). But I decided on this case. It was half the price of the dismally disappointing "smart case". I got it through Amazon and am very happy. The magnets are strong enough to keep the cover closed when the iPad is turned over (something the smart case failed to do), the on/off works great. The case is good quality and is a great stand for use in bed or on the sofa, at the desk, anywhere. Versatile, solid, very happy with this purchase.

6. josh1985 macrumors newbie

I saw an ad on facebook: someone using a stand to hold his iPad while he stayed in bed, really crazy, but still insteresting hope you can find one

7. Jane333 macrumors regular

I scrunch up my blankets and lean the ipad against them.

8. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

9. RenoG macrumors 65816

Search for ipad wedge in Amazon and you'll find what your looking for. I would absolutely not specifically purchase a case for in bed or on couch use as some here has suggested. Reason, they require a flat stable surface for use without babysitting it. Go with a pillow style wedge and you will be very very happy.

10. Stevi macrumors member

Stevi

11. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

These guys make a fantastic case/stand for getting your iPad into all sorts of weird positions. My wife gets it freestanding on the bed, sometimes on/around a cat..

http://www.dontpanicproject.com/

12. RenoG macrumors 65816

Ooookkk.....

Anyway, that thing is expensive for some felt, cool though, but you still need a fairly flat surface. So far a pillow / bean bag type is best for uneven surfaces if the OP needs that..

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I wedge it between my wifes ass cheeks in portrait mode.

14. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

belkin makes a case that's sold for $21.99 at Costco. lifetime warranty since it was bought at costco

it has ridges and a flat bottom that allow you to keep the iPad on an uneven surface and adjust to ~30 different angle increments.

15. amymany macrumors member

get a nice case for it

Attached Files:

16. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

The Smart Case works fine and slightly elevates it, which makes it a nice read.

17. Pennypencer macrumors newbie

Lap Log

I have tried a couple of stands/holders and find that the Lap Log works best for me. I like the fact that I am not limited to factory predetermined angles. I can put my iPad any any angle I want and it stays put.

You can find it on Amazon and I think you can also get it at the Bamboosa site.

18. meoryou5688 macrumors member

Very interesting case! pretty pricey tho :(

19. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Yeah, it is. But a lot of work went into it. And it's not "just felt", it's felt, leather, magnets, a strategically hidden piece of metal, and a sliding mechanism. I'm really quite happy with it.

One use that isn't on the website (yet) - I strap it onto the back of the "child seat" in my shopping card and use a shopping list app.

20. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Kinda looked like a towel to me. They can be pretty useful. ;)

Regards
    Tom

21. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Ahh.. 2nd Edition is out. Hadn't noticed. They definitely look more like towels than 1st Ed. :)

22. upthesun macrumors newbie

Awesome floor/reading stand for iPad

My friend invented this stand. I've been using it for a week now and I love it. I've mostly used it to stream videos in bed but reading is just as easy...and you can lay down too.

Check it out... www.fundable.com/the-tablet-stand

23. evasquez7 macrumors member

24. upthesun macrumors newbie

It's nice, but come on

The air holder is nice but it's a bit industrial and for the price I feel like I should get a little more. For $100 you can get a stand that it beautiful, amplifies sound, charges the iPad while it's docked and is fully adjustable. Check out pics at www.fundable.com/the-tablet-stand also, please, what do you think?