Best Tempered Glass Screen Cover for iPhone 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SPNarwhal, Oct 5, 2014.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I looked to see if a thread like this was already made, but only found one for the iPhone 6 4.7

I'm thinking I'm going to buy a tempered screen cover this time around, but wondering if anyone has any experience with one so far? And how that's going?

Reading reviews on Amazon it looks like it's hit and miss, be it in terms of branding or just people's opinions. Some cover the camera up, and some don't go past the screen whatsoever. (I realize all of them don't go to the edges since they're rounded, but apparently some at least go onto the bezel a little bit rather than stopping immediately where the screen and bezel meet.)

Any opinions?
    Was at first considering the invisible shield for 45 at AT&T but that sounds entirely way too expensive when some can be had for like 8 dollars on Amazon.

2. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Buy a <$10 screen and wait until someone comes out with a good protector. Read the threads out there, there are a lot of poor designs out right now because companies tried to guess what they should make. If you want a cheap glass, go with Extreme guard, their 4.7 inch matches zaggs perfectly and there's an 85% and 90% off code right now. It will probably not look good. the better looks are coming from the Japanese film designs which run around 3 for $10. Soft films run more or less and have the most variation between brands and look the best at the cost of feel. Zagg will have lifetime as well as many others.

3. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Where do you find the code?

4. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Google is your friend.

Well, not really...but you can find the code there easily. :)

5. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Yep yep. Did as soon as I asked. :p
    Code is Special90off in case anyone else wants to use it.
    2 items ore more. Just made a 60 dollar order for 6 dollars. Free shipping.
    That's crazy.

6. jeepik macrumors regular

I have the BodyGuardz Pure on both of our iPhone 6+'s fits great and the coating is the best...definitely recommended

7. GrecoISU, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014

GrecoISU macrumors member

Thanks, I just ordered two tempered glass for the 6 plus for $10 shipped. If it works out, great. If not, well... $10.

8. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin