Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klingtop

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
My Demay Slight broke last week. Apparently, three months of nothing more than sitting in my pocket was too much for it to handle. Took it out of my pocket and found a piece of the corner had cracked off.

No abuse and the thing has never even been dropped. I emailed Desmay about it last week and got only radio silence from them. Loved the case, but I'm pretty disappointed in the quality at this point. I won't be buying another.

I completely agree with this. Same happened to me. Less than 3 months of usage and the corner of my case chipped off as well. I e-mailed Desmay and received no response likewise.

kornberg

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
Yes, in fact I have a black one and posted photos and my impressions in the setup thread. I love it, it's definitely one of my favorites. It doesn't mess with screen shields since it literally only covers the antenna band. It looks really sleek. However I really wish there were more color options.

Didn't know there was another slim bumper option besides ultracase. I'm getting this asap. Thanks

Boston Rhett

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2012
DC
Just got my Incipio Feather warranty replacement. The swapped me for the Matte Translucent Mercury. It is an awesome case that does not show scratches like the regular Translucent Mercury. Best way to describe it is the NGP Matte in a Feather. It shows off the phone wonderfully well.

Do you have pics of it on your phone? I'm interested in seeing what that color looks like.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
For a thin case any of these two:

Hard Plastic: Switcheasy Nude

TPU: Zum Gelee

I like that both of these cases have port covers, something most thin cases omit. The Nude is thinner and clearer but does not has a front lip. The Gelee is more protective with a front lip, but is thicker. Both are great cases.

sand_man

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
Switcheasy colors for me. Very nice silicon cover. Costs around $15 and ships with a plethora of extras.

As a SwitchEasy tradition, we have included everything you need to protect and accessorize your new iPhone 4. With our Colors package, you'll get the following:

One Colors unit
Two anti-static Screen Guards
One Microfiber Wipe
One Squeegee for your Screen Guard application
Two Power Jack Connector Protectors
Two Headphone Jack Protectors

http://www.switcheasy.com/product.php?product=Colors_iPhone4

The "jelly bean" tactile home button is the business. Aslo exceptionally good tactile volume up/down and power buttons.

Not my picture
colors1.jpg

profkhatri3

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
I've had the elago S4 slim fit case for a while now, slim and sleek. I have the piano black, very shiny, and also has cut out for logo in the black and includes logo protection film for the back. I've dropped the phone at least a dozen times and phone is still in perfect condition. Was about $10 on amazon.

GalvaJ

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
Cracked on Arrival

I too ordered an Elago S4 Slim Fit 2, and it finally arrived today after about a 5 day wait. Unfortunately for me, I looked into the packaging it was already cracked. I emailed Elago hoping to get a replacement or at least a refund. It looks like a really nice case too. Hopefully they have good customer service.

Update: They got back to me and I have a replacement on the way for no charge. Big props to Elago and their great service.

Attachments

• IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Anyone have th matte feather to post pics ? Curious if it gets dirty easy and does the matte peel off ?

Rennir

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2012
I dislike snap on cases so I use the Case Crown Slim Slider case. It's one of the slimmest full body cases I've seen and it provides good protection too. I've dropped my phone about 2 or three times now and both the case and phone are perfectly fine!

Ray-

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
I too ordered an Elago S4 Slim Fit 2, and it finally arrived today after about a 5 day wait. Unfortunately for me, I looked into the packaging it was already cracked. I emailed Elago hoping to get a replacement or at least a refund. It looks like a really nice case too. Hopefully they have good customer service.

Update: They got back to me and I have a replacement on the way for no charge. Big props to Elago and their great service.

Things can get squelched pretty bad in the mail, so I'm not surprised that happened. That's a concern for us too, but we haven't had a customer come back and tell us their stuff broke yet...(crossing fingers and knocking on wood). Hope they replace it for you though.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
I have the sgp and love it

I have the infinity white and looks great on the white phone, plus it comes with a quality crystal shield.

Def recommend this

Me too, loved the Ultra Thin Air on my Black 4 just had to get A white one for my white 4S!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.