Best thin 4S case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by film major, Oct 17, 2011.

1. film major macrumors member

Hey,

I bought a Speck case from AT&T on launch day and its just way too thick. Plus after three plus days the rubber on the front is already scuffed up just taking it out of my jeans pockets.

Can anyone recommend a good case that is thin and not crazy expensive. I am more concerned about the phone getting scratched and scuffed up that protecting it from a massive fall.

Also, anyone know AT&T's return policy on cases?

2. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

I got a Speck Case too. The one with the Plaid on the back and sides. Probably gonna return it. It is a little bulky.

3. njgeek, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

njgeek macrumors regular

4. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

I would go with a sleeve... protects the phone when you set it down and while in your pocket or backpack without having a nasty case covering its aesthetic appeal all the time. I suggest TUCH – they're made from a single piece of leather without using stitches or adhesives. I have several of his products and love them all.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

6. lonman06 macrumors regular

I have had a ton of thin cases and IMO the best one is the powersupport air jacket. Comes with 2 anti-glare screen protectors as well. The price is a bit expensive. $40.

7. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

I have an Incipio Feather. I love it. Extremely lightweight and fits perfect. It also has a great solid feel in the hand. Only problem, it doesn't protect your screen like some other clip on cases (Incase Snap Case).

8. thatdrewguy macrumors regular

After reading and checking out videos on the Feather, Pinlo Slice3 and Desmay Slight I went with the Desmay as it is the only one that provides full coverage for the dock. My 2nd choice would have been the Slice3.

9. BOOYAR macrumors newbie

Can I just ask- I am aware of problems with the iphone4 feathers. I heard of the costing peeling off, a friend had one and it happened to theirs too. Love my 3GS one and it help up for ages, just wondering if they've fixed the 4/4s problems yet

10. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I like the Incase Slider if all you want is scratch protection. Dunno if that's thin enough for you though.

11. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

Not sure. My girlfriend has a pearl white one and it looks great.

I had a problem with the coating peeling off my white feather on my 3GS. Contacted Incipio about it, said all they needed were pictures of the peeling. Sent them over and they immediately offered to replaced it, no questions asked. They even let me swap it out for a black one.

Fantastic customer service.

12. WillieG macrumors member

WillieG

Thin Case

Well the Griffin Reveal is anice option. I personally went with the Reveal Frame, which is sort of like a bumber and maintains the beauty and integrity of the iphone. will post pics later on.

13. WillieG, Oct 17, 2011

WillieG macrumors member

WillieG

14. film major thread starter macrumors member

The Griffen Reveal looks nice I just don't know if it will fit the 4S. Anyone have any info on this?

15. WillieG macrumors member

WillieG

I have the Griffin Reveal Frame on the 4S

16. Ryan T. macrumors 6502a

Ryan T.

Same, it works well.

17. ga1d3n macrumors newbie

For those of you with "thin" cases, what screen protector are you using?

I am looking for the thinnest case that can protect against face scratches and medium size falls.

Those are some great candidates there, bonus points for finding transparent or white cases as well.

Phone: VZW White iPhone 4s

Thank you!

18. alexxa macrumors member

where can i get this case online? especially ebay?

19. zpbmw macrumors newbie

Where did you find this in white? Their website only offers it in black from the looks of it unless I'm missing something.

20. film major thread starter macrumors member

I got a black one from Newegg for $13.

21. DK1ng, Oct 17, 2011

DK1ng macrumors regular

for those of you with the griffin reveal, does the case scratch the antenna/aluminum part at all? i was gonna go with the sgp neo hybrid ex because of the rubber piece on the inside that protects it from scratches but i really like the look of the reveal.

and is the one from newegg legit and fits well with the 4s? I could only find the Reveal Case. Couldn't find the Reveal Frame

22. WillieG macrumors member

WillieG

Picked it up at Walmart 14.88

----------

Walmart 14.88

----------

Walmart for 14.88