Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
I have the white Caudabe Veil XT and love it. Grippy texture as well. I've used it on and off for three different phones (iphone 6, 7 plus, and the X). To be honest, some of the $2 knockoffs are pretty similar though.

jlczl

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
I usually don’t use an ultra thin too much because of lack of protection but the pitaka offers the best of both worlds:

cb75ef191ac0a121fa8a57671921cfc1.jpg

Reactions: Sarah-PITAKA

thedoc46

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2015
I am very particular when it comes to cases. Can't stand anything that adds bulk. Typically have gone with Apple's own leather cases, but on the iPhone X with it being a little thicker, it made the X a little more bulky than i liked. So i decided that maybe with the X I should go naked. But then i heard about Pikata, and thought why not give it a go ! and what made this more attractive to me is that i use Waze a lot in my car, and pikata has some embedded magnet, not that you'd ever know, as its wafer thin, and that you can also use their magnetic holder. Honesty, this case is the best thing since sliced bread ! love holding it, love the look, its 5x stronger than steel at the same weight. Same stuff they use in bullet proof vests, Aramid. Anyway, liked it so much, i ordered one for the missus for her X and one for my son's Samsung S8. as that's a nice looking phone, with a case that's detracting from the aesthetics.

BradCN

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2014
Australia
I bought what looks like a Caudabe knock-off and it's not at all that bad!

It's the Tozo 'PP Ultra Thin'. The Blue colour is really nice, not sure why more people haven't bought it. I will say that the fit is not exactly perfect - it's tight (unlike some Caudabe knock-offs) but the alignment of the charger port is not perfect and the left-hand lip seems to be more prominent than on the right side. The camera lip also does not seem to be entirely uniform.

The case has a decent level of grip but it can still be a little slippery. I'm currently unsure as to whether I will be keeping it or getting something a little more protective such as the Apple Silicone case.

Attached are some photos I hope are okay...

I was using a similar Spigen PP thin case (0.4 mm) in my 6S and my phone cracked near th head-jack area after a 1m drop. they look good make your iPhone almost looks naked but they are no good when it come to protecting your phone if it drops.
I am actually using the Apple silicone case and I love it, yet I was hoping it covers the bottom.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
Hands down Pitaka magcase. Like, unreal + awesome. Durable, thin, no worries with wireless charging. Very happy!
[doublepost=1513579743][/doublepost]
I am very particular when it comes to cases. Can't stand anything that adds bulk. Typically have gone with Apple's own leather cases, but on the iPhone X with it being a little thicker, it made the X a little more bulky than i liked. So i decided that maybe with the X I should go naked. But then i heard about Pikata, and thought why not give it a go ! and what made this more attractive to me is that i use Waze a lot in my car, and pikata has some embedded magnet, not that you'd ever know, as its wafer thin, and that you can also use their magnetic holder. Honesty, this case is the best thing since sliced bread ! love holding it, love the look, its 5x stronger than steel at the same weight. Same stuff they use in bullet proof vests, Aramid. Anyway, liked it so much, i ordered one for the missus for her X and one for my son's Samsung S8. as that's a nice looking phone, with a case that's detracting from the aesthetics.

I'm with you 100%

Reactions: Sarah-PITAKA

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Two of the more common ultra thin cases available on Amazon (and with same day delivery) are the Toltallee thin case for $18.99 and the Spigen Thin Fit for 10.99 and 12.99. Has anyone compared them and have a preference? From only seeing them online, but I like that the Totallee has no branding on it, and that the Spigen has open cutouts for the buttons and ends of the phone. I’m most curious about how easy they are to grip and if the lip around the camera bumps provides enough protection. Thx.

I have this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075RT8YL2/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought the same case for my last two iPhones, too. I swear by them. Perfect cutouts, perfect fit, no branding, no lip, a little more expensive but the attention to detail and quality are better than any others, in my experience. Also no questions asked replacements.
Does it have a lip to protect the camera bump?

Last edited:

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Two of the more common ultra thin cases available on Amazon (and with same day delivery) are the Toltallee thin case for $18.99 and the Spigen Thin Fit for 10.99 and 12.99. Has anyone compared them and have a preference? From only seeing them online, but I like that the Totallee has no branding on it, and that the Spigen has open cutouts for the buttons and ends of the phone. I’m most curious about how easy they are to grip and if the lip around the camera bumps provides enough protection. Thx.

Does it have a lip to protect the camera bump?

The Totalee ones have a lip to protect the camera. All except their leather case that doesn’t.

Reactions: eagleglen

Sarah-PITAKA

Suspended
Feb 7, 2018
Hong Kong

Look what we found. ;) A family of PITAKA case fan. hh. Also. It should be "Pitaka". :D

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
When I'm in the mood for an ultra-thin case (barely thicker than a sheet of paper) then I use the Peel Super Thin iPhone X case. It's a pretty good case in the sense that it's not open on top or bottom thus providing a minimal protection of these areas against scratches and such. It is quite slippery though, especially in winter when my hands are mostly ultra-dry. The cutout for the camera has a thin "lip" that should protect the lens but my concern here is that the cutout is not flush around the edges - I don't know whether that's a design issue or whether my unit was defective. I wouldn't walk around with outside the house though, I'd be too scared to drop the phone right now.

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
after 2 months still very pleased with the (very thin) Pitaka case.
But the Pitaka car magnetic mount is one of my worst purchases ever.

It doesn't hold my iPhone X at all, it wobbles (and goes from left to right and vice versa, instead of a steady position of the iPhone) all over the place when I ''click'' my iPhone X to the magnetic car mount.

jeepik

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2009
after 2 months still very pleased with the (very thin) Pitaka case.
But the Pitaka car magnetic mount is one of my worst purchases ever.

It doesn't hold my iPhone X at all, it wobbles (and goes from left to right and vice versa, instead of a steady position of the iPhone) all over the place when I ''click'' my iPhone X to the magnetic car mount.

That doesnt sound right

My pitaka qi mount and case are super solid!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.